Register new account
Edit account
Search

Ancient Domains Of Mystery, forum overview / ADOM / Save-scummers please read

Online users ( Unknown)
Application object not working properly at the moment, no clue who is online...

* Numbers in parentheses are the number of minutes since the user last loaded a page. Logged-in users time out after 40 minutes (unless they manually log out), lurkers and anonymous posters after 20.

Maastonakki
Registered user
A cute puppy

Last page view:

5836 days, 13 hours, 8 minutes and 30 seconds ago.
Posted on Tuesday, March 02, 2004 at 09:32 (GMT -5)

I used to scum myself with saves for a couple of years when i started adoming... well the advice is: don't scum. All my scum characters were too low-leveled to go in the placed i went. After I quit scumming my characters lived longer because I became more careful and stuph. anyway, scumming might sound like an easy way to finish the game, but me myself had more problems while i scummed than i have now...

Portrait
Morio
Registered user
Holy Champion of ADoM

Last page view:

3911 days, 7 hours, 22 minutes and 2 seconds ago.
Posted on Tuesday, March 02, 2004 at 10:32 (GMT -5)

I scummed for my first victory but it felt so meaningless after that.

"I don't know what World War 3 will be fought with, but I know World War 4 with be fought with sticks and stones." - Albert Einstein
Portrait
Armada
Registered user

Last page view:

1238 days, 21 hours, 13 minutes and 10 seconds ago.
Posted on Tuesday, March 02, 2004 at 14:26 (GMT -5)

Ive gotten to the same point in the game (ToEF) with both Save scummed and Legit characters. Legit were much more fun, not having to restore the game ~20 times to get that wish from a pool, or save myself from the spiders

*Majin*
Unregistered user
Posted on Tuesday, March 02, 2004 at 19:35 (GMT -5)

it takes longer to play when you scum, and its alot more boring too. Spending close to an hour or more just pool scumming at the start for 7Lboots, GoGiant str, *Foo* of destruction...
I went legit after just playing about one day, seeing how far i could get my character (Level 23! ancient chaos wyrm put him on -4 hp)
After that i haven't gone back to scumming.
Maastonakki
Registered user
A cute puppy

Last page view:

5836 days, 13 hours, 8 minutes and 30 seconds ago.
Posted on Tuesday, March 02, 2004 at 19:41 (GMT -5)

Yeah... I also got bored with adom when I scummed much faster... Now I play adom almost daily and try some 5-20 characters... usually if i get one to survive the beginning it gets pretty far..

Some guy
Unregistered user
Posted on Monday, March 08, 2004 at 23:51 (GMT -5)

I'm renouncing my scumming ways, and finding that I'm actually pretty good at this game. Maybe just really lucky, though. My current guy has found, without scumming, seven league boots in the UD and an amulet of life saving in the PC, and managed to get precrowned twice, with hammerhead and skullcrusher. Thrundarr wants me to kill a fomorian giant, though... where can they be found in the wild? And for how long? I've been walking around aimlessly for a long time without finding one.
Warlord*
Unregistered user
Posted on Tuesday, March 09, 2004 at 08:43 (GMT -5)

I've got that one from him too. I serached from the "giant" level, the one which name I never rememnber, but it is the other route to go past Animated Forest.
NMBLNG
Unregistered user
Posted on Monday, March 15, 2004 at 19:34 (GMT -5)

I only scum at the beginning if the generated character is good, or if I'm about to something very risky/stupid.
Portrait
Armada
Registered user

Last page view:

1238 days, 21 hours, 13 minutes and 10 seconds ago.
Posted on Monday, March 15, 2004 at 19:55 (GMT -5)

I find that backing up the game in case of a crash, makes it more inviting to scum... As i have had only one crash yet, im going to stop backing up my games

Color mixer:
Red: Green: Blue: HTML color code: result:      
Your Name: Check to login:

Your Message:

Read the
formating help
Are you a spambot? Yes No Maybe Huh?
Create poll? Yes No   What is this?
Poll question: