Register new account
Edit account
Search

Ancient Domains Of Mystery, forum overview / ADOM / phial of caladriel

Online users ( Unknown)
Application object not working properly at the moment, no clue who is online...

* Numbers in parentheses are the number of minutes since the user last loaded a page. Logged-in users time out after 40 minutes (unless they manually log out), lurkers and anonymous posters after 20.

Alex_
Unregistered user
Posted on Thursday, March 04, 2004 at 12:13 (GMT -5)

it seems very strange to me that there is a whole dungeon just for the phial, and it's pretty much useless (does what two common non-artifacts do). Has anyone ever found another use for it? my suspicions were aroused when I noticed this in the guidebook (mad minstrel song):

"Caladriel was an ancient crone,
Karmic beings brought her down!
A phial of light she created,
but once she did not use it...
In a dark room she dissipated."

what's the relevance of the second line? Does the phial have some effect against karmics? Has anyone tried giving it to the AKW?
J.
Registered user
You'll never get rid of me

Last page view:

5677 days, 1 hour, 45 minutes and 48 seconds ago.
Posted on Thursday, March 04, 2004 at 15:07 (GMT -5)

It's not a really big dungeon for it, just one level. The phial isn't really important, just another artifact to sacrifice, sell or feed to the demented ratling.

One use for it is to train the concentration skill, as it drains you of your mana points.

I don't believe the second line has any meaning. The dark room where she dissipated is a clue to the player though(meaning that Caladriel died in a dark room(cave) and thus the phial is there for the player to find). There aren't any karmics in the gremlin cave anyways.

EDIT: Warlord got it: karmics=Caladriel got doomed, then got eaten by a grue in the dark.
If you're feeling happy, don't worry, it'll go away.

Originally posted by noob: "I'm everytime amazed how you people know to exploit every single little bug (or not-bug) for elaborated scumming tatics even if the feature seems completely useless or bad."

[Edited 1 time, last edit on 3/7/2004 at 10:45 (GMT -5) by J.]
maastonakki^nonreg
Unregistered user
Posted on Thursday, March 04, 2004 at 19:14 (GMT -5)

it's an useful lightsource at manatemple tho
Warlord*
Unregistered user
Posted on Thursday, March 04, 2004 at 19:25 (GMT -5)

"In a dark room she dissipated."
She died in dark
"but once she did not use it..."
for this reason
"Karmic beings brought her down!"
She got cursed and doomed, go back to first part --> a grue ate her.

That's the meaning of the karmics there.
Ferret
Registered user
Master Mindcrafter

Last page view:

5881 days, 11 hours, 3 minutes and 16 seconds ago.
Posted on Sunday, March 07, 2004 at 08:59 (GMT -5)

You can pick up about 6-7 fluff balls in the cave as well as the phial, these are in my opinion one of the useful items in the game. Just make a water trap on level 9 of the CoC or infinite dungeon then dip the fluff ball in water. After pickpoketing and killing gremlins for 10 min check the piel of stuff they have left. If your feeling brave you can try this in DH to get even better stuff.
Last game i did this for about 30 min on the level before dwarf town, got me a ring of ice, SLB's and loads of stat increasing potions.
Larrack
Unregistered user
Posted on Sunday, March 07, 2004 at 22:46 (GMT -5)

Phial of Caladriel is useful for non-wizards :)

Color mixer:
Red: Green: Blue: HTML color code: result:      
Your Name: Check to login:

Your Message:

Read the
formating help
Are you a spambot? Yes No Maybe Huh?
Create poll? Yes No   What is this?
Poll question: