Register new account
Edit account
Search

Ancient Domains Of Mystery, forum overview / ADOM / Things we need

Online users ( Unknown)
Application object not working properly at the moment, no clue who is online...

* Numbers in parentheses are the number of minutes since the user last loaded a page. Logged-in users time out after 40 minutes (unless they manually log out), lurkers and anonymous posters after 20.

Tekki
Registered user

Last page view:

7347 days, 21 hours, 47 minutes and 24 seconds ago.
Posted on Monday, August 20, 2001 at 11:34 (GMT -5)

We need two things. A good Adom Chat to go to while looking at the forum, and an Adom World Records site for all things Adom. I can do both, but help would be nice. Any ideas for the chat? I can't seem to find a working one right now.

You feel a surge of power. Suddenly your extraordinary carrying capacity fails you. You are crushed by the tons of luggage you are carrying. You die...

Go here when you are on the forum to chat about Adom! http://koti.mbnet.fi/adrakon/chat.shtml
Portrait
Jan Erik
Administrator

Last page view:

18 hours, 55 minutes and 49 seconds ago.
Posted on Monday, August 20, 2001 at 16:05 (GMT -5)

I can't claim it's a good one (no one seems to use it), but I have a chat applet on the HoF site. I also belive there is a few ADOM channles on IRC...

Jan Erik Mydland
HoF admin
Tekki
Registered user

Last page view:

Posted on Tuesday, August 21, 2001 at 00:09 (GMT -5)

just put a link to the chat on top of the forum and say pls log on while your looking at forum. so that way we can have real adom conversations. I would log on everyday

You feel a surge of power. Suddenly your extraordinary carrying capacity fails you. You are crushed by the tons of luggage you are carrying. You die...

Go here when you are on the forum to chat about Adom! http://koti.mbnet.fi/adrakon/chat.shtml
Akron
Unregistered user
Posted on Tuesday, August 21, 2001 at 03:27 (GMT -5)

Only problem with ADOM World Records site is that there are people who don't actually make records in the game but just make them up in their heads.
Then they post their "records" and claim to the best of the best. That really pisses me off.

In my opinion some of the entries in the Hall of Fame, especially in section g16, well they are not exactly made up but some people have made backup saves and then after they've died they have just restored their characters. I mean who has to save the game over 100 times to complete the game? Of course everyone can't play Adom 4-12 hours per day but still over 100 saves is pretty high number. I still can be wrong...of course. (Yeah and we are living in a perfect world.)
Portrait
Jan Erik
Administrator

Last page view:

Posted on Tuesday, August 21, 2001 at 15:09 (GMT -5)

I actualy talked to the guy who had ~100+ saves on all of his characters. He sais he's playing at work for 5-10 minutes at a time whenever he's on a break and such... Adds up to a lot of saves eventualy...

After all if he realy was cheating it would be very easy to edit the score detauls to say "saved himself 5 times" rather than "saved himself 150 times".

I won't say for sure that all teh characters I get are legit, but I believe they are. On the other hand I have no way of knowing. I have only removed a char once, and that was only because the player admited to have cheated (he didn't know I didn't accept players who had been "resurected" by save-backupss after death). I get the feeling most ADOM players are honorable people though...

Jan Erik Mydland
HoF admin
Portrait
Palagran
Registered user
Furry Hybrid

Last page view:

6365 days, 5 hours, 44 minutes and 41 seconds ago.
Posted on Wednesday, August 22, 2001 at 00:23 (GMT -5)

Uuh. What about scumming? Not that I'm involved. *Hic* S'cuse me. Like, gettin' a bunch'a stuff an' increases after winnin' to increase the score. Nevermin'. *Hic* I'm not here. Jus'... that's it. Whatever... Zzzzhhh...
Stas
Registered user
The Dark Lord Melkor

Last page view:

7655 days, 6 minutes and 56 seconds ago.
Posted on Wednesday, August 22, 2001 at 00:44 (GMT -5)

Palagran, I've already seen what messages a drunk man, in the dark, in ahurry can make ("Damn you! Bla bla bla bla orcosh elementalist, so what?")... now I see what messages a drunk/sleepy person can make
"Do not meddle in the affairs of wizards, for they are subtle and quick to anger"
Lord of The Rings

"Do not meddle in the affairs of cats, for they are subtle and will anger the cat lord"

fgn
Registered user

Last page view:

8076 days, 5 hours, 53 minutes and 54 seconds ago.
Posted on Wednesday, August 22, 2001 at 03:47 (GMT -5)

I don't wanna IRC chat about ADOM. As for me IRC sux ;) Maybe chat on adom.brinkster.net?

"wlazł kotek na płotek spadł na pysk
złamał se dwa żebra wypadł mu dysk"
Caladriel
Registered user

Last page view:

4700 days, 22 hours, 23 minutes and 40 seconds ago.
Posted on Wednesday, August 22, 2001 at 09:44 (GMT -5)

Hey, my alma mater created IRC! >:-(
Portrait
Jan Erik
Administrator

Last page view:

Posted on Wednesday, August 22, 2001 at 18:52 (GMT -5)

Well my old chartoom still seems to be up and running... There are a bunch of anoying banners and such though.

Jan Erik Mydland
HoF admin
Tekki
Registered user

Last page view:

Posted on Wednesday, August 22, 2001 at 22:43 (GMT -5)

Idea. Someone get a multicity chatroom. I tried but my password and info is messed. Jan, you try swtiching your chat to multicity. http://www.multicity.com

Stas
Registered user
The Dark Lord Melkor

Last page view:

7655 days, 6 minutes and 56 seconds ago.
Posted on Thursday, August 23, 2001 at 00:47 (GMT -5)

no chat... it won't work, I tell you, there too lil' of us... IF *all* adom players would join the chat THEN making own chat room would be snsible...

btw, http://koti.mbnet.fi/adrakon/chat.shtml
"Do not meddle in the affairs of wizards, for they are subtle and quick to anger"
Lord of The Rings

"Do not meddle in the affairs of cats, for they are subtle and will anger the cat lord"

Tekki
Registered user

Last page view:

Posted on Thursday, August 23, 2001 at 23:09 (GMT -5)

Jan you fiend...my poor virgin message. *this message has no purpose and there fore will most likely fly through the minds of those who read it*

Color mixer:
Red: Green: Blue: HTML color code: result:      
Your Name: Check to login:

Your Message:

Read the
formating help
Are you a spambot? Yes No Maybe Huh?
Create poll? Yes No   What is this?
Poll question: