Register new account
Edit account
Search

Ancient Domains Of Mystery, forum overview / ADOM / ADOM HOF ADMIN PLEASE READ! :(

Online users ( Unknown)
Application object not working properly at the moment, no clue who is online...

* Numbers in parentheses are the number of minutes since the user last loaded a page. Logged-in users time out after 40 minutes (unless they manually log out), lurkers and anonymous posters after 20.

Maastonakki
Registered user
A cute puppy

Last page view:

5836 days, 4 hours, 11 minutes and 50 seconds ago.
Posted on Friday, March 12, 2004 at 18:34 (GMT -5)

How much work does it take to read thru all those 'applications' to HoF? And What's the average time frame to which when you update the HoFguys (don't know if the sentence-order-is-right-what-so-ever-I'm-drunk) anyway...

Hey BTW anyone ever wondered about the guy on the 1'st place on HoF? I mean... soo much XP, but only less than 40 greater golems token out, and stuff.. how the fuck has he gotten sho high score? I just Don't get it... if anyone has got an answer to this please answer :(

Unregistered user
Posted on Saturday, March 13, 2004 at 15:12 (GMT -5)

rollover bug ask someone else
Portrait
Jan Erik
Administrator

Last page view:

16 hours and 42 seconds ago.
Posted on Saturday, March 13, 2004 at 20:04 (GMT -5)

Reading though them doesn't take to long at all, problem is I've never gotten around to make a system that notify me when a new character is submited, and seeng as there can go weeks between every time I do get some I tend to not check very often... Sometimes I forget all about it, and there may be months between every update. Now that you mention it I guess I realy ought to update the system to e-mail me a notification whenever a character is submited, ought to improve my response time a little :P

What character are you refeering to? There are a couple with bugged scores (those are clearly tagged)... You where talking about experience though, most likely they used the "slow trick". Basicaly the slower you are relative to a monster the more exp you get for killing it (and vice versa), so a slow character will get a lot more exp for the same kills compare to a fast character. That would be my guess anyway. Some people deliberately slow themselves down before killing big monsters to get heaps of experience. People who have munched down to many killer bugs and quicklings on the other hand might find it near impossible to level up fast enough...

Jan Erik Mydland
HoF admin
Maastonakki
Registered user
A cute puppy

Last page view:

Posted on Sunday, March 14, 2004 at 06:01 (GMT -5)

thanks for answering dude..

Oh and by the way, with those "greater golems" i ofcourse ment "greater molochs..." I guess I wasn't sober whilst writing that.
Anyway, might be the slow trick... does slow monster work on the PC btw? I mean can you cast it on yerself? :E

edit: I mean the character who leads the "winners" section of hof..

[Edited 1 time, last edit on 3/14/2004 at 06:02 (GMT -5) by Maastonakki]
J.
Registered user
You'll never get rid of me

Last page view:

5676 days, 19 hours, 3 minutes and 42 seconds ago.
Posted on Sunday, March 14, 2004 at 07:21 (GMT -5)

Yes, you can cast slow monster on yourself. The trick worked better in the 0.X versions. It's harder to level up in the newer versions.
If you're feeling happy, don't worry, it'll go away.

Originally posted by noob: "I'm everytime amazed how you people know to exploit every single little bug (or not-bug) for elaborated scumming tatics even if the feature seems completely useless or bad."
Maastonakki
Registered user
A cute puppy

Last page view:

Posted on Monday, March 15, 2004 at 10:52 (GMT -5)

I had to give credit to Jan for nerffing that e-mail stuph so now the HoF will be updated faster... that's great, really.

Color mixer:
Red: Green: Blue: HTML color code: result:      
Your Name: Check to login:

Your Message:

Read the
formating help
Are you a spambot? Yes No Maybe Huh?
Create poll? Yes No   What is this?
Poll question: