Register new account
Edit account
Search

Ancient Domains Of Mystery, forum overview / ADOM / Ending of cheating

Online users ( Unknown)
Application object not working properly at the moment, no clue who is online...

* Numbers in parentheses are the number of minutes since the user last loaded a page. Logged-in users time out after 40 minutes (unless they manually log out), lurkers and anonymous posters after 20.

BlackDragonIncarnate
Registered user
NotAllThere

Last page view:

7291 days, 13 hours, 47 minutes and 58 seconds ago.
Posted on Sunday, March 14, 2004 at 12:56 (GMT -5)

I've decided to stop savescumming.*sigh* Pray for the many characters of mine who will soon die.

People stabbed in the face don't talk much
     Mostly they just gurgle
          And bleed
    -Black Mage
Portrait
Armada
Registered user

Last page view:

1238 days, 4 hours, 43 minutes and 30 seconds ago.
Posted on Sunday, March 14, 2004 at 14:36 (GMT -5)

Die? oh undoubtedly. But its also a lot less frustrating than having to repeatedly copy the backup file, to poolscum ro whathaveyou.

Plus, youll learn some more tricks when you start actually fearing a characters death

Portrait
Krusty
Registered user
the clown

Last page view:

5599 days, 9 hours, 9 minutes and 6 seconds ago.
Posted on Monday, March 15, 2004 at 08:25 (GMT -5)

And you will enjoy the game more.

The way it's supposed to be played.

Good for you.
Some guy
Unregistered user
Posted on Sunday, March 21, 2004 at 01:57 (GMT -5)

Yeah, it's fun when you stop savescumming, except you're a lot less likely to have a backup copy when your game screws up.
Draco
Unregistered user
Posted on Sunday, March 21, 2004 at 05:50 (GMT -5)

I savescummed till the first char of mine to finish the game. Since that, I have couple of times beated the game, and lost zillions of good chars. Last time was two weeks ago: The game crashed after Khelly had thanked me for saving his butt with AoLS... Huge amounts of hair was ripped after recovering from the shock and the following heart attack. For sometime I hoped I had savescummed: about 20mins. that's when I started my next char...
Dalrok
Unregistered user
Posted on Sunday, March 21, 2004 at 18:32 (GMT -5)

Draco, exactly same thing happened to me, and I had found 7LB, ring of ice and everything else I needed in the same game. :(

It was a dwarven barbarian - and funnily enough my next dwarven barbarian (doing almost as well as the previous!) encountered the same crash (error 11). Since then I haven't played dwarven barbarians and haven't encountered too many crashes either.
Draco
Unregistered user
Posted on Monday, March 22, 2004 at 07:21 (GMT -5)

I had 7LB too, scorched spear, enough money for the crowning, 22lvl. Everything was going just perfect...

It happened to one of my friends too. An annoying bug that is...
Portrait
Luke
Registered user
Apprentice

Last page view:

7323 days, 10 hours, 41 minutes and 37 seconds ago.
Posted on Monday, March 22, 2004 at 07:31 (GMT -5)

I keep dying by jackels ripping me to bits.
I only save scum when I'm trying to do the Tywat's bounty hunting (because he's a lazy bastard) and trying to save a stupid puppy dog that 9 times out of 10 is dead already and even if you do find him alive you have to drag him all the way back through the massive mazes trying to pry him off attacking everyone and getting himself killed. On top of all that you have to stay below level 5 AND stay alive.

LS
BlackDragonIncarnate
Registered user
NotAllThere

Last page view:

Posted on Friday, March 26, 2004 at 10:21 (GMT -5)

Aww, I'm in mourning now. I had a very promising character and now she is dead. She was a drakish fighter that I had gotten up to level 13 and had awesome equipment(battleaxe -2,5d6+8, it was brutal or something, mithril chain (-1,-1)[0,8],boots of speed, blessed amulet of balance, tons of poga that I hadn't gotten around to blessing, and several other cool items(only si as artifact though)).

I went to the pyramid and there was a living wall. I wasn't too worried because I've never met one before. But I died almost instantly whe it got to me. At full health it paralyzed me first hit (my DV was 60 sumthin, pv 10) and then I watched as IT took me from 140 hp to -12 in like 8-9 turns. Never even got to face Rehetep.

Mostly they just gurgle
          And bleed
    -Black Mage
BlackDragonIncarnate
Registered user
NotAllThere

Last page view:

Posted on Friday, March 26, 2004 at 10:22 (GMT -5)

probably not even 8-9 turns, thats about how many attacks it made.

Mostly they just gurgle
          And bleed
    -Black Mage
Portrait
Iridia
Moderator on this forum
YASD

Last page view:

3768 days, 1 hour, 20 minutes and 32 seconds ago.
Posted on Friday, March 26, 2004 at 13:02 (GMT -5)

Ouch.

You'll want to be leery of any monster you haven't met before... they'll often be rare, and thus probably more powerful than average.

Die Gedanken sind Frei
Maastonakki
Registered user
A cute puppy

Last page view:

5835 days, 20 hours, 38 minutes and 50 seconds ago.
Posted on Friday, March 26, 2004 at 15:50 (GMT -5)

get used to it, dying i mean... you'll see that when you play more and more nonscumming, you will survive a lot longer and longer and close the gate more often and often... when it comes to me, the beginning is the hardest (terinyo quests) to survive... after that, about 20% of my characters end up closing the gate. Which, i think, is pretty high per centange.

Color mixer:
Red: Green: Blue: HTML color code: result:      
Your Name: Check to login:

Your Message:

Read the
formating help
Are you a spambot? Yes No Maybe Huh?
Create poll? Yes No   What is this?
Poll question: