Register new account
Edit account
Search

Ancient Domains Of Mystery, forum overview / ADOM / Weaponsmiths

Online users ( Unknown)
Application object not working properly at the moment, no clue who is online...

* Numbers in parentheses are the number of minutes since the user last loaded a page. Logged-in users time out after 40 minutes (unless they manually log out), lurkers and anonymous posters after 20.

Portrait
Morio
Registered user
Holy Champion of ADoM

Last page view:

3911 days, 6 hours, 7 minutes and 47 seconds ago.
Posted on Thursday, March 25, 2004 at 12:44 (GMT -5)

They rule you can improve almost all of your items and I now have:
a mithril cap (+7 +8)
a large adamantium shield (+15 +8)
gauntlets of strenght (+7 +5) {st+5}
and mithril boots (+7 +5) (or something like
that)
You see my point and as much as there are walls to dig there are metal ore.

"I don't know what World War 3 will be fought with, but I know World War 4 with be fought with sticks and stones." - Albert Einstein
Portrait
Armada
Registered user

Last page view:

1238 days, 19 hours, 58 minutes and 55 seconds ago.
Posted on Thursday, March 25, 2004 at 15:26 (GMT -5)

I havent had too much luck with them. Ive always played Dwarven Weaponsmiths for the higher smithing skill, but they start with a crappy war hammer and not too good equipment.

And that Anvil is a pain to carry around. Forges are very rare as well, though i seem to always find one when in not playing a weaponsmith :/

Warlord*
Unregistered user
Posted on Thursday, March 25, 2004 at 17:42 (GMT -5)

I drop the anvil right away. Don't need to find forges as there are several guaranteed and I always use the one in dwarftown.

When you get there (and think you are tough), zap the smithy with a wand. Be sure to hit only him. Then lead him to another level and kill him. He drops an eternium hammer and an anvil. Then you got the nice house there with a forge and a door which, if you close it, prevents anyone taking your stuff, so it makes an excellent warehouse.

And yes, weaponsmiths get awesome PV if they make it this far. With every possible enhanced metal armor piece you can get, you are nearing (maybe going past) 100 PV.
Portrait
Morio
Registered user
Holy Champion of ADoM

Last page view:

3911 days, 6 hours, 7 minutes and 47 seconds ago.
Posted on Friday, March 26, 2004 at 02:01 (GMT -5)

Remember to use a wand, don't shoot at him or try to attack in melee.

"I don't know what World War 3 will be fought with, but I know World War 4 with be fought with sticks and stones." - Albert Einstein
Warlord*
Unregistered user
Posted on Friday, March 26, 2004 at 06:50 (GMT -5)

Indeed. Own spells are ok I think. Not sure, backup before trying (if you do backups). Be sure also not to hit him within the dwarftown, if you do, the town becomes hostile. Easiest would be to lead him 1 level down. Slow monster is a kick ass spell against him, easy to learn even with some warrior type chars (though they might not find him difficult to kill anyway).

Color mixer:
Red: Green: Blue: HTML color code: result:      
Your Name: Check to login:

Your Message:

Read the
formating help
Are you a spambot? Yes No Maybe Huh?
Create poll? Yes No   What is this?
Poll question: