Register new account
Edit account
Search

Ancient Domains Of Mystery, forum overview / ADOM / precrowning strategy?

Online users ( Unknown)
Application object not working properly at the moment, no clue who is online...

* Numbers in parentheses are the number of minutes since the user last loaded a page. Logged-in users time out after 40 minutes (unless they manually log out), lurkers and anonymous posters after 20.

Ry
Registered user
The Eternal Newbie

Last page view:

7142 days, 12 hours, 38 minutes and 35 seconds ago.
Posted on Friday, March 26, 2004 at 16:53 (GMT -5)

Is the third precrowning possible at all in the VD/PC/UD area? (Yeah, I got a little artifact greedy.) Trying this for the second time with dwarven priests. First one fell victim of SIGILL, second one is hanging around PC: 1 on day 48. Cursed from Executor doesn't help much, sacced LOTS of monsters, but still can't see the light in the end of the tunnel. Can't even abandon this exercise in tedium, 'cause it's freakin' raining again.

Greater Segmentation Vault (emperor memory leak surronded by memory leak kings and master memory leaks)
wakka*nl
Unregistered user
Posted on Friday, March 26, 2004 at 17:32 (GMT -5)

even the secon precrowning takes a helluva lot. easiest is to pacify a herb room and spend some serious time there, preferably while training WI,Dx and To with herbs. get herbalism to 100 and you'll get mostly blessed stomafillia. other than that... it's gold and sis.
Ry
Registered user
The Eternal Newbie

Last page view:

Posted on Friday, March 26, 2004 at 17:38 (GMT -5)

Oh yeah, the problem is - you have to find herb level before Clvl 16 (and pacifying BC would skyrocket you way above that, I 'spose), when you gotta go to the Pyramid thus ruining any possibility for precrowning (well, maybe at Clvl 20? but that would take even MORE time without visiting some artifact-guaranteed levels).

And, actually, *second* precrowning is quite fast if cursed and/or on a nice level with steady monster generation, such as any of the PC levels.

I start thinking however that *third* is a complete waste of one's time under any imaginable circumstances.

Greater Segmentation Vault (emperor memory leak surronded by memory leak kings and master memory leaks)
Some guy
Unregistered user
Posted on Tuesday, March 30, 2004 at 13:29 (GMT -5)

I usually regret trying to get precrowned a second time, unless I have an altar on PC5. Third is probably a bad idea, because that would just take tremendously long of a time, and it would be harder to get to very close after that for dooming removal. But... you could make a corruption trap, I've heard that gods tend to like WMoPC. My friend says that one got him to absolutely close right away, but I've never tried it.
Ry
Registered user
The Eternal Newbie

Last page view:

Posted on Tuesday, March 30, 2004 at 13:52 (GMT -5)

PC1-2-3-4 works too, especially with that Executor as the first gift.

Third is a VERY bad idea it seems to me. Tried it three or four times, and always regreted that decision.

TheTimpen
Registered user

Last page view:

6862 days, 2 hours, 44 minutes and 40 seconds ago.
Posted on Tuesday, March 30, 2004 at 15:18 (GMT -5)

Smc is excellent for precrownings :)
Ry
Registered user
The Eternal Newbie

Last page view:

Posted on Tuesday, March 30, 2004 at 15:55 (GMT -5)

Yes, if you manage to survive the place at lvl 14... Invisibility helps for sure, but then, how do you lure the monsters on that altar when they can't see you?

Unregistered user
Posted on Wednesday, March 31, 2004 at 07:31 (GMT -5)

Hmm I had no problems surviving there at lvl 13, just used 1 mithril towershield, 1 crystal large shield and coward. Got the shields down in UD, almost always get good shields down there.
TheTimpen
Registered user

Last page view:

6862 days, 2 hours, 44 minutes and 40 seconds ago.
Posted on Wednesday, March 31, 2004 at 13:18 (GMT -5)

That was me again -.-

Color mixer:
Red: Green: Blue: HTML color code: result:      
Your Name: Check to login:

Your Message:

Read the
formating help
Are you a spambot? Yes No Maybe Huh?
Create poll? Yes No   What is this?
Poll question: