Register new account
Edit account
Search

Ancient Domains Of Mystery, forum overview / ADOM / Battles against each other

Online users ( Unknown)
Application object not working properly at the moment, no clue who is online...

* Numbers in parentheses are the number of minutes since the user last loaded a page. Logged-in users time out after 40 minutes (unless they manually log out), lurkers and anonymous posters after 20.

Nixon-
Unregistered user
Posted on Sunday, March 28, 2004 at 05:19 (GMT -5)

It would be cool if someone was able to make a way of battling over the net with your ADOM character file.
Portrait
Majin
Registered user
Pierced

Last page view:

7323 days, 15 hours, 45 minutes and 50 seconds ago.
Posted on Sunday, March 28, 2004 at 06:05 (GMT -5)

I would like to see Monk Vs Beastfighter so we can FINALLY get confirmation on this topic :)
(Ps Monks rule)

What do you Wish for?_
Warlord*
Unregistered user
Posted on Sunday, March 28, 2004 at 12:09 (GMT -5)

That would be a luck game, maybe the monk gets an instakill, maybe not
(Ps, Monks rule, but so do BFs)
Ferret
Registered user
Master Mindcrafter

Last page view:

5880 days, 4 hours, 22 minutes and 6 seconds ago.
Posted on Monday, March 29, 2004 at 17:45 (GMT -5)

Theres no question a mindcrafter would win everytime, GTB and confusion blast would finish any other PC off in seconds (GTB doesn't require the tatget to be in a straight line with the caster - ie death ray, magic missile etc.). However a mincrafter vs mindcrafter, that would probably be pure luck. IMHO of course :)

Edit: Though a level 50 necromancer with toughness boosting equipment could be a challenge :P

[Edited 1 time, last edit on 3/29/2004 at 17:47 (GMT -5) by Ferret]
Larrack
Unregistered user
Posted on Monday, March 29, 2004 at 23:01 (GMT -5)

A level 50 archer with the TotRR in missile slot would beat a mindcrafter every time.
The Real J.
Registered user
The faceless swordsman

Last page view:

5625 days, 7 hours, 6 minutes and 54 seconds ago.
Posted on Tuesday, March 30, 2004 at 00:24 (GMT -5)

Ferret: How about a char with some serious confusion resistance gear, LOADS of HP and armor, insane amounts of speed (like 700+), TC, on-demand-teleportation, level 100+ magic missile and several other spells including death ray and some other heavy duty spells ? Plus several AoLS just in case. I doubt even L50 mindcrafter would last long...

J.

Sytytä toiselle tuli ja hän pysyy lämpimänä jonkin aikaa.
Sytytä hänet palamaan ja hän pysyy lämpimänä loppuelämänsä.
Klavert
Registered user
The Hurthling

Last page view:

6530 days, 20 hours, 18 minutes and 15 seconds ago.
Posted on Tuesday, March 30, 2004 at 10:26 (GMT -5)

Why wouldn't a mindcrafter be a char like the one you discribed?

Of course you can make a character that can beat an ordinary lvl 50 char, but that doesn't say anything about any class.

Klavert
-I want ye to slay a rat to prove your valor- Thrundarr
That really happened to me :D
Some guy
Unregistered user
Posted on Tuesday, March 30, 2004 at 13:13 (GMT -5)

This kind of battling would have to be played like chess. One person moves a step, other person gets to 1000 energy points, he moves a step, first person gets to 1000 energy points, he moves a step, etc.

It's a good idea, though. I'd like to battle my friends' guys to prove once and for all that their guys suck compared to mine.
Portrait
Iridia
Moderator on this forum
YASD

Last page view:

3767 days, 8 hours, 54 minutes and 28 seconds ago.
Posted on Wednesday, March 31, 2004 at 01:50 (GMT -5)

Hmm... the strategy would be so much different from fighting anything else, though! When you fight a monster, you're fighting a basically stupid foe that really won't do anything other than randomly fire attacks at you, and flee when it's hurt enough. When you fight another player, you're going against strategy; they might try anything from filling the room with gremlins so your monk can't reach them, to ordering an acid-vortex pet to attack you, to teleporting all over and hiding while attempting to heal... man, the strategies would be endless (and interesting).

Die Gedanken sind Frei

[Edited 1 time, last edit on 3/31/2004 at 01:51 (GMT -5) by Iridia]
-Nixon
Unregistered user
Posted on Wednesday, March 31, 2004 at 04:16 (GMT -5)

You could have team battles, aginst each other to make it even better.
Some guy
Unregistered user
Posted on Wednesday, March 31, 2004 at 13:31 (GMT -5)

Back to my "taking turns" point... a team battle would be painfully slow.

But yeah, the strategies would be awesome. But some things would have to be changed from the current combat system to keep it balanced.
Larrack
Unregistered user
Posted on Wednesday, March 31, 2004 at 21:33 (GMT -5)

The speed system would need a complete overhaul.

Besides which, it would just turn out to be one of those games where the most dedicated losers, I mean players, would always mop the floor with people who don't have the time to spend. Just like chess :)
Portrait
Armada
Registered user

Last page view:

1237 days, 12 hours, 17 minutes and 26 seconds ago.
Posted on Wednesday, March 31, 2004 at 21:37 (GMT -5)

The speed system would probly turn out something like the Multiplayer edition of that *Band game Tome.

I play it occassionally and it works well. But for single player Adom's works much better.

Portrait
the mighty NHGH
Registered user
pRAise "BOB"!

Last page view:

7182 days, 8 hours, 44 minutes and 55 seconds ago.
Posted on Wednesday, March 31, 2004 at 22:57 (GMT -5)

someone who could should think about starting work on this though. and theres plenty of us to ask for ideas. maybe different areas to battle?
itd be cool to have monsters added to battles too.

For the Good "Bob" selleth all, even the least and the last; and all buyers are joyous unto his selling.

And those who knoweth not the Good "Bob" from the Evil "Bob" shall verily sell away their souls, and shall be lost.

Color mixer:
Red: Green: Blue: HTML color code: result:      
Your Name: Check to login:

Your Message:

Read the
formating help
Are you a spambot? Yes No Maybe Huh?
Create poll? Yes No   What is this?
Poll question: