Register new account
Edit account
Search

Ancient Domains Of Mystery, forum overview / Spoilers / Just how tough that Kherab...

Online users ( Unknown)
Application object not working properly at the moment, no clue who is online...

* Numbers in parentheses are the number of minutes since the user last loaded a page. Logged-in users time out after 40 minutes (unless they manually log out), lurkers and anonymous posters after 20.

Ry
Registered user
The Eternal Newbie

Last page view:

7130 days, 50 minutes and 56 seconds ago.
Posted on Monday, March 29, 2004 at 16:31 (GMT -5)

...guy is? And does he drop an anvil when killed?

I'd like to test my Smithing, and I have all the ingredients needed but anvil (including a nice, free, non-corrupting forge somewhere in UD). Dwarven priest Clvl 22, 300 HP, some nice weapon skills. Low on bolt spells, no ball spells at all.

Greater Segmentation Vault (emperor memory leak surronded by memory leak kings and master memory leaks)
TheTimpen
Registered user

Last page view:

6849 days, 14 hours, 57 minutes and 1 second ago.
Posted on Monday, March 29, 2004 at 16:46 (GMT -5)

He isn't very hard if you got nice speed + humanoid slaying ammo. Lotsa hp, big melee dmg. 2 shields + spells may also work.

About the forge, tp glod away from his one and use it instead. I find it the nicest (dunno why).
Ry
Registered user
The Eternal Newbie

Last page view:

Posted on Monday, March 29, 2004 at 16:55 (GMT -5)

Uh oh, I'm not exactly the ranged weapons type yet. Only six in bows and crossbows, lots of ammo, yes, but no humanoid slayers. And I'm freakin' low on direct damage spells, expect for that Baptism of Fire/Burning Hands. Sure was handy in ToEW, but it's not something you'd use against an enemy you don't want to fight in melee.

Maybe if I just whack him hard w/ Wyrmlance/Big Punch on berserk I'd get away with that?

About Glod's forge: DT was generated on D: 10 which is, after all, a slightly corrupting zone.. Why bother? :-)

Greater Segmentation Vault (emperor memory leak surronded by memory leak kings and master memory leaks)
Ferret
Registered user
Master Mindcrafter

Last page view:

5868 days, 22 hours, 11 minutes and 21 seconds ago.
Posted on Monday, March 29, 2004 at 17:38 (GMT -5)

I never tackle him until i'm coming back up through darkforge via the shortcut (my char level is roughly 24-28), otherwise i find its just a pointless risk. He hits pretty damn hard and its not worth losing a promising char (as you seem to have) for an anvil. I personally have never used smithing, i just use scrolls that i find and that seems to be enough for me.
Ry
Registered user
The Eternal Newbie

Last page view:

Posted on Monday, March 29, 2004 at 18:10 (GMT -5)

Oh yeah, thanks, that's exactly what I wanted to hear. So, being careful, I'll probably take on him around Clvl 30 :-)

Yes, quite a promising character, my best dwarven priest so far. I currently perceive three possible causes of death: Cat Lord; running out of offensive spells; Deep Brown Enormously Stinking Substance That Just Happens.

And I don't really need that smithing, it's just the fact that my weaponsmiths always die some horrible death early on, long before they can find a forge. So I've never seen smithing in action.

Larrack
Unregistered user
Posted on Monday, March 29, 2004 at 23:10 (GMT -5)

Most difficult bosses are possible at much lower levels if you start training with beating them in mind. Kherab can be taken out at almost ANY level, once you have 10th level in a missile weapon and decent speed.

And by the way, if you can only think of three possible causes of death, think harder.
Portrait
Morio
Registered user
Holy Champion of ADoM

Last page view:

3898 days, 16 hours, 15 minutes and 33 seconds ago.
Posted on Tuesday, March 30, 2004 at 03:06 (GMT -5)

I think that the easiest way would be to kill Glod and take his anvil and eternium warhammer.
Just fire blast him with a wand(I dont know if normal spells work without summoning muscular dwarves), lead him down or up a level and kill him there.

"I don't know what World War 3 will be fought with, but I know World War 4 with be fought with sticks and stones." - Albert Einstein
Ry
Registered user
The Eternal Newbie

Last page view:

Posted on Tuesday, March 30, 2004 at 03:30 (GMT -5)

Larrack, the third one includes almost everything that you could think of. Stepping on a chaotic altar, deciding to melee something you should've tried to kill from a distance, going somewhere you shouldn't have been etc. etc. etc. - all of these Causes Of Death fall into the "oh shit!" category imho.

Morio, yeah, but that's too OOC for my L+ dwarven priest ;-)

maestro_mozart
Unregistered user
Posted on Friday, April 02, 2004 at 23:16 (GMT -5)

i managed to get a dwarf smith high enough to use smithing before. it's definately worth the wait, if i remember right you can get 200 pv without too much difficulty. a few tips for you, mining is a good way to get gems and ingots (make sure pickaxe is blessed!) but, just melting down items of the type you want should provide at least a 3rd of all your metals, so save all that junk you don't want. lug it all the the clearing or some such place. save your eternium ingots until you get a weapon you're sure to keep, don't waste them they're much more rare. don't waste your ingots experimenting on stuff that you know won't work, boots, hats, bows blah blah... i think i managed to smith a ring up once, can't remember what kind it was but it gave it +3 +3, not much. also, when you're selecting the metals you want to melt down, there's a command that allows you to mark each one w/o having to keep opening the page after every selection, this makes it much less frustrating. find that command and use it. also, BLESS YOUR INGOTS!! you're wasting yoru time if you don't. as a matter of fact, bless the ore too, can't remember exactly but i think it increases how many you can get. of course, bless your smith hammer and the anvil too.

Color mixer:
Red: Green: Blue: HTML color code: result:      
Your Name: Check to login:

Your Message:

Read the
formating help
Are you a spambot? Yes No Maybe Huh?
Create poll? Yes No   What is this?
Poll question: