Register new account
Edit account
Search

Ancient Domains Of Mystery, forum overview / ADOM / Steel Zombie

Online users ( Unknown)
Application object not working properly at the moment, no clue who is online...

* Numbers in parentheses are the number of minutes since the user last loaded a page. Logged-in users time out after 40 minutes (unless they manually log out), lurkers and anonymous posters after 20.

Arcam
Unregistered user
Posted on Wednesday, March 31, 2004 at 07:27 (GMT -5)

Does anyone know where I might find a steel zombie? Killing one is my first quest from the dwarven elder.

Can't remember ever encountering one before...

Unregistered user
Posted on Wednesday, March 31, 2004 at 07:32 (GMT -5)

I think steel zombie is the same thing as a for example: "goblin rockthrower zombie". In that case you just have to kill a zombie of any kind :)

The_CyberShadow
Registered user
Loading l33t animation...

Last page view:

6298 days, 18 hours, 54 minutes and 47 seconds ago.
Posted on Wednesday, March 31, 2004 at 07:47 (GMT -5)

Wrong.
Steel zombie, monster number 305. 
Char: Y (light blue)
Alignment: Chaotic. 
Chat text: "*SKKRRR*".
Monster Class Flags:
  Undead
Monster Flags 1:
  Regenerate
  CriticalHits
Monster Flags 3:
  IgnoreTraps

You can find a few in DarkForge, if you're lucky. But you should pump up that char a little before going in, remember if you hardly can defeat the steel golem guarding the stairs, don't risk it.

P.S. Info taken from MasterDex (http://www.geocities.com/adombot/)

[Edited 2 times, last edit on 3/31/2004 at 07:49 (GMT -5) by The_CyberShadow]
Ry
Registered user
The Eternal Newbie

Last page view:

7142 days, 15 hours, 26 minutes and 11 seconds ago.
Posted on Wednesday, March 31, 2004 at 07:47 (GMT -5)

Oh, that's easy. Darkforge. Clear it of those initial steel golems and you've got yourself steady generation of steel zombies, steel horrors and animated armors...

Of course, the place is quite high-level, those golems hit hard, breathe fire and have some enormous PVs on them...

Greater Segmentation Vault (emperor memory leak surronded by memory leak kings and master memory leaks)
Arcam
Unregistered user
Posted on Wednesday, March 31, 2004 at 11:02 (GMT -5)

Ok, I'm only lvl 17. Do I stand a chance then? Or should I wait?

Btw, I'm quite new to the game. Where is darkforge?
Portrait
Morio
Registered user
Holy Champion of ADoM

Last page view:

3911 days, 6 hours, 50 minutes and 48 seconds ago.
Posted on Wednesday, March 31, 2004 at 11:09 (GMT -5)

It depends on your race and class

"I don't know what World War 3 will be fought with, but I know World War 4 with be fought with sticks and stones." - Albert Einstein
Ry
Registered user
The Eternal Newbie

Last page view:

Posted on Wednesday, March 31, 2004 at 11:38 (GMT -5)

Arcam, try it. On the top level of DF there is a single steel golem guarding the stairs down. If you can take him down easily - go ahead, just don't be reckless, those golems can be nasty anyway. If you have trouble fighting him - wait for a couple of level ups.

Well, actually, this can be somewhat, um, imprecise. My current character had a LOT of trouble with that golem guardian - he scored an especially nasty critical effectively halving my hitpoints. After that I was quite hesitant to go down, but, well, it seems that he just got very, very lucky, other golems weren't nearly that bad (although hard to damage anyway - Wyrmlance saved my day/ass).

Greater Segmentation Vault (emperor memory leak surronded by memory leak kings and master memory leaks)
Ry
Registered user
The Eternal Newbie

Last page view:

Posted on Wednesday, March 31, 2004 at 11:40 (GMT -5)

PS. Oh yes, and fire resistance, fireproof blankets and rings of ice are a MUST. You don't want your equipment turned to ashes, right?

DF is located in the southern central part of Drakalor Chain.

Some guy
Unregistered user
Posted on Wednesday, March 31, 2004 at 13:28 (GMT -5)

There's usually a trick to finding anything he tells you to kill. I was told to kill a ghost lord... but know what? That's easy! Just go to the dwarven graveyard, dig some great treasure graves, wait for a master lich to summon ghost lords and you're set. I took 50 years of aging... but I've a dark elf so no problem.

Color mixer:
Red: Green: Blue: HTML color code: result:      
Your Name: Check to login:

Your Message:

Read the
formating help
Are you a spambot? Yes No Maybe Huh?
Create poll? Yes No   What is this?
Poll question: