Register new account
Edit account
Search

Ancient Domains Of Mystery, forum overview / General / Dreams

Online users ( Unknown)
Application object not working properly at the moment, no clue who is online...

* Numbers in parentheses are the number of minutes since the user last loaded a page. Logged-in users time out after 40 minutes (unless they manually log out), lurkers and anonymous posters after 20.

*Majin*
Unregistered user
Posted on Thursday, April 01, 2004 at 05:14 (GMT -5)

Has anyone else played adom for hours upon hours before staggering off to bed and sleep, only to find oneself in a 2d world (occassionally turning 3d) being attacked by T's C's f's and i's? I've had several strange adom dreams, one in which the cat lord sent me aide when i was in a haunted mansion being attacked by vampires, (he sent great big panther beast cats) another time i found the scroll of omnipotentence and it made the game 3 dimensional and then the phone rang and i woke up.
Portrait
Mewto
Registered user

Last page view:

3606 days, 19 hours, 10 minutes and 4 seconds ago.
Posted on Thursday, April 01, 2004 at 05:21 (GMT -5)

I found myself in an army of giant spider and goblins and gnolls. i dreamt that I was the hero and used a combination of spells and melee attacks to finish them. I won. In 99,9% I get rid of the bad guys. Is there a chance that my sub-concious mind? can interrupt my dreams and "edit" them and making me always win?

THe only times when I "died" was when i was extremely tired and had nightmares in my sleep.
For the Horde!
Portrait
Armada
Registered user

Last page view:

1233 days, 4 hours, 54 minutes and 45 seconds ago.
Posted on Thursday, April 01, 2004 at 15:59 (GMT -5)

i have "Adom" dreams only in the sense that its somewhat medieval. Nothing in 2d.

I couldnt even imagine limiting my dreams like that. The only reason we can cope with this 2d game is because our imaginations are so great, and dreaming in 2d is like turning it to "Off"

illumi
Unregistered user
Posted on Thursday, April 01, 2004 at 18:28 (GMT -5)

i dreamt of myself sitting in front of the computer playing ADOM ... the char got killed as usual ^^|| ... nothing fancy

[Edited 1 time, last edit on 4/1/2004 at 18:28 (GMT -5) by its author]
Portrait
Iridia
Moderator on this forum
YASD

Last page view:

3763 days, 1 hour, 31 minutes and 47 seconds ago.
Posted on Thursday, April 01, 2004 at 22:16 (GMT -5)

I actually have a lot of ADOM-style dreams, but I doubt it has much to do with ADOM except as part of my overall fascination with fantasy. Usually they're quite violent--blood and guts everywhere--and often, they actually have sensible plots, making them quite entertaining when they're not nightmares (which is only about half the time, unfortunately).

Oh, yes. It's very possible to "edit" your own dreams. Most people, at one time or other, have been aware that they were dreaming while it was happening; some people can even do so at will ("lucid dreaming").

If you're aware that you're dreaming, you can often change the way the dream plays out... so if you're conscious enough and can force yourself to think straight (often hard to do while you're dreaming), then you'll find, with a bit of practice, you can turn the dream into anything you want. Personally, I usually go flying, just because I find it enjoyable; or if it's a nightmare and I realize it's a dream, I'll start throwing fireballs at whatever's scaring me. That's fun, too :P

Die Gedanken sind Frei
Portrait
Duke Ravage
Registered user
Gravebane Zombie

Last page view:

5670 days, 4 hours, 51 minutes and 31 seconds ago.
Posted on Thursday, April 01, 2004 at 23:53 (GMT -5)

hahaha! Yeah, sometimes I can do the lucid dream thing but I don't usually realize i'm doing it at the time... it just kinda happens.

I usually don't remember dreams though unless i'm doing that "lucid dream" deal...

As for "editing" my dreams, i sometimes do that when i relate them to my friends.... but not much...

ivan.sourceforge.net
Portrait
Luke
Registered user
Apprentice

Last page view:

7318 days, 10 hours, 52 minutes and 52 seconds ago.
Posted on Friday, April 02, 2004 at 11:19 (GMT -5)

Lucid dreaming, that's a topic I'm knowledgable about. Dreams are very strange, what you do during the day can feed your subconscience and it's refected back to you as a medium during sleep.
Mewto, I bet you feel consciencly powerful as a person right? Iridia, do you feel more consciencly liberated after flying?
Overcoming your fears and perforiming amazing feats within your subconscience is a powerful way to grow within (or spiritually). Nightmares are there to train you up and face your inner fears, that's why kids have nightmares a lot when they reach a certain age.

Enhancing lucid dreams:
1. Increase your awareness during the day, all five senses can be concentrated at once by will which grealty increases your chances of being lucid, try to daydream less.

2. Sleeping on your back makes you more aware while you drift off to sleep, try and visualise where you want to go and what you want to do as you sink into sleep.

3. Keep a dream dairy, this actually exercises dream recall. You can actually lucid dream and complety forget about it which isn't good.

4. When you lucid dream, do what you want, you'll never know a more unlimited freedom in this world, and it does seem real. The only thing to fear is fear itself, so just enjoy.

LS
Larrack
Unregistered user
Posted on Saturday, April 03, 2004 at 06:26 (GMT -5)

I think, these days, I only come on here because I'm guaranteed to laugh every time I do :)
Jomppa
Unregistered user
Posted on Monday, April 05, 2004 at 14:36 (GMT -5)

Heh, just few nights ago I saw a strange dream; I was at home with some people (I think they were characters from a movie I saw some time ago :) and suddenly mr. Biskup appeared and started working with a new version of ADoM on my computer :D

About lucid dreaming. It's cool, but I for some reason can't change anything in those dreams. I realise that I'm dreaming, and know that I could do whatever I want, but still I kind of forget to do anything cool. Well, except when I see nightmares, but then I just wake up...
Larrack
Unregistered user
Posted on Monday, April 05, 2004 at 22:09 (GMT -5)

Did you ask him what he was doing in your house?
Portrait
Mewto
Registered user

Last page view:

3606 days, 19 hours, 10 minutes and 4 seconds ago.
Posted on Tuesday, April 06, 2004 at 03:55 (GMT -5)

It's good to now that other people can edit dreams, not only me. I started to think I had some "special" powers :)
For the Horde!
Portrait
@
Registered user
Q('_'Q)(>'_')>

Last page view:

6677 days, 12 hours, 15 minutes and 30 seconds ago.
Posted on Sunday, April 11, 2004 at 12:30 (GMT -5)

Few years ago i saw much dreams where i died(too much playin?)=/ that was bad time. Lately i can almost always "Edit" my dreams, Its wery cool when u know u are on dreaming u can do ANYTHING, lately i have saw many Dbz Dreams...(Too much dbz waching?=P) few times i sawn wery wierd dreams like seeing my self sleeping XD

<xxxxo~~~~oxxxx> SWORDCHUK

Portrait
@
Registered user
Q('_'Q)(>'_')>

Last page view:

6677 days, 12 hours, 15 minutes and 30 seconds ago.
Posted on Monday, April 12, 2004 at 10:25 (GMT -5)

Hmm, Imagine like that pic isint there :P

<xxxxo~~~~oxxxx> SWORDCHUK

Color mixer:
Red: Green: Blue: HTML color code: result:      
Your Name: Check to login:

Your Message:

Read the
formating help
Are you a spambot? Yes No Maybe Huh?
Create poll? Yes No   What is this?
Poll question: