Register new account
Edit account
Search

Ancient Domains Of Mystery, forum overview / Spoilers / AoLS Finds

Online users ( Unknown)
Application object not working properly at the moment, no clue who is online...

* Numbers in parentheses are the number of minutes since the user last loaded a page. Logged-in users time out after 40 minutes (unless they manually log out), lurkers and anonymous posters after 20.

Jurne
Registered user

Last page view:

6665 days, 15 hours, 21 minutes and 13 seconds ago.
Posted on Saturday, April 03, 2004 at 18:40 (GMT -5)

Would it help us to find them if we knew when other people found them? I have a drakeling mindcrafter, lvl 13, not lucky or fate smiles, Ma:15, and has Treasure Hunter that just found it in I8.

You wish to kill me? Good thing I brought my psychic hamster named Hamster with me...
Druidus
Unregistered user
Posted on Saturday, April 03, 2004 at 19:28 (GMT -5)

I had a dwarven monk lvl 9 get a wish in a CoC pool. He died minutes later. I should of put it on dammit! He was very promising. Not lucky or fate smiles, what does mana have to do with it? He died by a block on the head by the way. I hate those.
Ferret
Registered user
Master Mindcrafter

Last page view:

5869 days, 7 hours, 28 minutes and 3 seconds ago.
Posted on Saturday, April 03, 2004 at 20:02 (GMT -5)

Apparently (according to manual) the higher the Mana stat influences luck.

I normally get my AoLS from the Gremlin trick, or if i've done everything i can do (cleared ToEF etc) and i'm stood next to Kelly, then i'll wish for one. I never use my wish straight away if i find one (i never use pools) on an amulet, cos i did that before, then within 5 min i'd found another amulet.

As for places i've found them randomly - only once, on the first level of darkforge.
Druidus
Unregistered user
Posted on Saturday, April 03, 2004 at 20:58 (GMT -5)

Gremlin trick?
Ferret
Registered user
Master Mindcrafter

Last page view:

Posted on Saturday, April 03, 2004 at 21:02 (GMT -5)

Oops, sorry, i keep saying gremlin trick assuming people know what it means!

Basically make a water trap, dip a fluffball in water and you've got infinite gremlins to pickpocket and kill.
TheTimpen
Registered user

Last page view:

6850 days, 13 minutes and 43 seconds ago.
Posted on Sunday, April 04, 2004 at 07:02 (GMT -5)

Isnt it easier to just go to the gremlin cave? :P
*Majin*
Unregistered user
Posted on Sunday, April 04, 2004 at 07:05 (GMT -5)

you get less stuff dropped in the gremlin caves
Ry
Registered user
The Eternal Newbie

Last page view:

7130 days, 10 hours, 7 minutes and 38 seconds ago.
Posted on Sunday, April 04, 2004 at 07:22 (GMT -5)

Yeah, danger level is considerably lower there than, say, in DH: 2. And danger level supposedly affects the quality/quantity of loot.

Greater Segmentation Vault (emperor memory leak surronded by memory leak kings and master memory leaks)
Portrait
Alex
Registered user
Master Necromancer

Last page view:

6508 days, 21 hours, 55 minutes and 44 seconds ago.
Posted on Sunday, April 04, 2004 at 08:35 (GMT -5)

The only non-wished for AoLS I've ever found was . . . you will never guess where . . .

VD:1. Probably the least dangerous level in the game :) And, just my luck, I put it round my neck for safe keeping and promptly got killed twice on the way out.

What do you wish for? wands of cat repellent_
Portrait
Majin
Registered user
Pierced

Last page view:

7312 days, 18 hours, 51 minutes and 47 seconds ago.
Posted on Sunday, April 04, 2004 at 22:27 (GMT -5)

I managed to get a wish with a level 1 human barbarian, wished for AoLs, then in the next level down i was killing wererat and his cronies and when i picked up their loot i found an AoLs.
from a rat. in the Pcaves.

What do you Wish for?_
Portrait
Iridia
Moderator on this forum
YASD

Last page view:

3756 days, 12 hours and 25 seconds ago.
Posted on Sunday, April 04, 2004 at 23:26 (GMT -5)

Heh :) Alex, it probably would've been even more frustrating to say, "I died with an AoLS in my pack".

I think I've found AoLS randomly on the floor in the ID before, while level-hopping for spellbooks. More than once, actually, IIRC.

Die Gedanken sind Frei
firestorm
Unregistered user
Posted on Monday, April 05, 2004 at 01:22 (GMT -5)

never complain for 2 aols..one for khelly,other for me, hehe
Portrait
Mewto
Registered user

Last page view:

3600 days, 5 hours, 38 minutes and 42 seconds ago.
Posted on Monday, April 05, 2004 at 05:36 (GMT -5)

I only found an AoLS once with a level 23 drakish priest while doing the nonnak quest.
For the Horde!
Ferret
Registered user
Master Mindcrafter

Last page view:

Posted on Monday, April 05, 2004 at 17:20 (GMT -5)

I've just been looking for an AoLS down in the dwarfen halls scumming gremlins, only managed a RoI, oh and two potions of exchange which got me 8 wishes on the second dip :) that was nice. I only wish i had more than 8 rings of acid resistance before i dipped! - or is that just greedy?

[Edited 1 time, last edit on 4/5/2004 at 17:21 (GMT -5) by Ferret]
Ry
Registered user
The Eternal Newbie

Last page view:

Posted on Monday, April 05, 2004 at 17:24 (GMT -5)

That's not just greedy, that's outrageous! Methinks RNG is gonna punish you for the insult, har har har :-)

Greater Segmentation Vault (emperor memory leak surronded by memory leak kings and master memory leaks)
Ferret
Registered user
Master Mindcrafter

Last page view:

Posted on Monday, April 05, 2004 at 17:39 (GMT -5)

Hope not, i've been amazingly lucky already after finding a RoDS in a tension room on VD7! That got me 3 pair of SLB's, so i'm only on day 20 and almost ready for the ToEF. (Though i gotta do a bit of leveling in darkforge first, i'm only lev 18)
raven1`
Unregistered user
Posted on Monday, April 05, 2004 at 17:56 (GMT -5)

anyone used a wish on a boars head? AOLS yah hard to find, but to dont get a lot of boars in the ID....
and the crone wants her stupid head...
Ferret
Registered user
Master Mindcrafter

Last page view:

Posted on Monday, April 05, 2004 at 18:03 (GMT -5)

I wished for one once, but i had many wishes to spare, normally its best to put on the crown of science and encounter boars in forest areas of the wilderness.
raven1`
Unregistered user
Posted on Monday, April 05, 2004 at 18:10 (GMT -5)

nice...ive just never had a char with any realistic chance of getting GM so ive never tried that
the doom curse was just to much of a pain
Portrait
wakka
Registered user
Tha kitten slayer

Last page view:

6721 days, 8 hours, 1 minute and 4 seconds ago.
Posted on Tuesday, April 06, 2004 at 08:24 (GMT -5)

curse+doom is a GOOD thing, when used correctly: scumming the wilderness for speed, strength and arrows. I've never pickpocketed an AoLS. trying hard, though with a lvl 29 drakish thief. I'll just level her to 32 and better stuff should come up.

And my point was...
Maastonakki
Registered user
A cute puppy

Last page view:

5824 days, 7 hours, 18 minutes and 43 seconds ago.
Posted on Tuesday, April 06, 2004 at 10:15 (GMT -5)

raven1 i think you could only get a boars head from wild?

Damn.. I've never succeeded in playing with PoE... the 'best' (worthless at that point of game) I've ever gotten was the heap of 9 rings of ice.. and I already had 2 of them

Ry
Registered user
The Eternal Newbie

Last page view:

Posted on Tuesday, April 06, 2004 at 10:46 (GMT -5)

PoEx, actually ;-) PoE commonly stands for 'of education' ;-)

Same shit here, tho. I've only had a heap of rings of slaying once, and even that time I finished my polypilings with a huge bunch of rings of searching. (The scene was like: "Damn! Damn! Dammit!" - beats his head against the display.)

Portrait
Iridia
Moderator on this forum
YASD

Last page view:

3756 days, 12 hours and 25 seconds ago.
Posted on Tuesday, April 06, 2004 at 13:33 (GMT -5)

"giant boar skull" would be the proper item name, I think, just to avoid confusion.

Curse+doom is a good thing, too, when you are trying to get crowned. Use it to increase monster generation for live-sacs. Of course you'll have to get curse/doomed by using an item, since your god will remove both intrinsics on the way up to "extremely close".

Die Gedanken sind Frei
Ry
Registered user
The Eternal Newbie

Last page view:

Posted on Tuesday, April 06, 2004 at 13:54 (GMT -5)

Well, crown of science is guaranteed, but, of course, useless for PREcrownings. Anyway, you don't want to get doomed this early on... 'Executor' OTOH, while crapulous by itself, makes second precrowning much easier.

J.
Registered user
You'll never get rid of me

Last page view:

5664 days, 22 hours, 10 minutes and 35 seconds ago.
Posted on Tuesday, April 06, 2004 at 15:01 (GMT -5)

Nothing with humanoid slaying is crap. Executor doesn't even doom you, it just makes you cursed. Just wear the ankh and you won't have exceptionally bad luck. Just more monsters generated for you to slay with your humanoid slayer >)

Wear additional rings of luck if you're paranoid.

If you're feeling happy, don't worry, it'll go away.

Originally posted by noob: "I'm everytime amazed how you people know to exploit every single little bug (or not-bug) for elaborated scumming tatics even if the feature seems completely useless or bad."
Ry
Registered user
The Eternal Newbie

Last page view:

Posted on Wednesday, April 07, 2004 at 10:55 (GMT -5)

Yeah, and it's not even auto-cursing. I must admit its usefullness, still, it's a matter of personal preference. I just happen to dislike the thing, and would take Rolf's Companion every time instead. That To bonus... oh...

Color mixer:
Red: Green: Blue: HTML color code: result:      
Your Name: Check to login:

Your Message:

Read the
formating help
Are you a spambot? Yes No Maybe Huh?
Create poll? Yes No   What is this?
Poll question: