Register new account
Edit account
Search

Ancient Domains Of Mystery, forum overview / Spoilers / OMFG TROLLISH HEALERS ROCK

Online users ( Unknown)
Application object not working properly at the moment, no clue who is online...

* Numbers in parentheses are the number of minutes since the user last loaded a page. Logged-in users time out after 40 minutes (unless they manually log out), lurkers and anonymous posters after 20.

Maastonakki
Registered user
A cute puppy

Last page view:

5824 days, 10 hours, 46 minutes and 36 seconds ago.
Posted on Tuesday, April 06, 2004 at 18:49 (GMT -5)

No they do not. I once calculated the healing rate trollish and drakeling healers get at beginning, and the difference was about 5~ regen. points, which is ridicilously low...
And the profits for being a drakeling are:
Much, much, faster xp gaining than trolls.
spit attack. (handy in early game)
Longer age..

Even tho trolls get that ST and TO bonus... but still... drakelings simply are better when viewed from a longer scale.. getting a drakeling to level 12 is a no problem. getting a troll to level 12 is a big problem... If not a problem surely much more time consuming job.

Also the profits for being a drakeling is that you in example get to go to pyramid more faster, because of the faster xp gains...

So. Anyone there who still thinks troll healers are better than drakeling healers?

If you happen to get the candle starsign, go for a drakeling healer, you won't be disappointed, assuming you know how to keep it alive for a while..

Portrait
Alex
Registered user
Master Necromancer

Last page view:

6509 days, 1 hour, 23 minutes and 37 seconds ago.
Posted on Wednesday, April 07, 2004 at 04:07 (GMT -5)

Trolls suck. S'jus the way it is.

What do you wish for? wands of cat repellent_
Portrait
Mewto
Registered user

Last page view:

3600 days, 9 hours, 6 minutes and 35 seconds ago.
Posted on Wednesday, April 07, 2004 at 04:51 (GMT -5)

I agree.
Troll's age is over
For the Horde!
Portrait
wakka
Registered user
Tha kitten slayer

Last page view:

6721 days, 11 hours, 28 minutes and 57 seconds ago.
Posted on Wednesday, April 07, 2004 at 05:27 (GMT -5)

as far as candles go, I don't see a point in getting a healer in candle. any other drakeling in candle is almost as well. My drakish thief (candle) has hp regen. at 9. can't go much lower than that. although she's found some potions and corpses (lvl 30) but still. I hardly ever play healers any more. although drakeling healers do get music, and later on they can heal pets...

And my point was...
Ry
Registered user
The Eternal Newbie

Last page view:

7130 days, 13 hours, 35 minutes and 31 seconds ago.
Posted on Wednesday, April 07, 2004 at 10:50 (GMT -5)

Still, troll healers rock. :-)

Greater Segmentation Vault (emperor memory leak surronded by memory leak kings and master memory leaks)
Larrack
Unregistered user
Posted on Wednesday, April 07, 2004 at 22:33 (GMT -5)

On paper, drakeling healers are better. But play them both, and tell me they're equal. A troll could eat a drakeling for breakfast.
J.
Registered user
You'll never get rid of me

Last page view:

5665 days, 1 hour, 38 minutes and 28 seconds ago.
Posted on Thursday, April 08, 2004 at 08:10 (GMT -5)

Trolls will be a 100 times better for the first ten-fifteen levels at least, because of their huge strength and toughness. They also get a weapon, and quite a good one, right off the bat, whereas with drakelings you'll be spitting things for the first few levels. Considering that the part of the game before ToEF is usually the most difficult for any char, trolls might not be that sucky. You don't have to be lvl 50 when completing the game.

If you're feeling happy, don't worry, it'll go away.

Originally posted by noob: "I'm everytime amazed how you people know to exploit every single little bug (or not-bug) for elaborated scumming tatics even if the feature seems completely useless or bad."
Portrait
Ekaterin
Moderator on this forum

Last page view:

5766 days, 12 hours, 19 minutes and 28 seconds ago.
Posted on Friday, April 09, 2004 at 09:19 (GMT -5)

Another advantage of drakeling healer over troll healer is that drakelings are better at spellcasting. Healers have Concentration and are pretty good at learning spells, although they don't seem to find many spellbooks.
TheTimpen
Registered user

Last page view:

6850 days, 3 hours, 41 minutes and 36 seconds ago.
Posted on Friday, April 09, 2004 at 10:02 (GMT -5)

I've played both and I prefer drakeling. Mostly because alertness, acid spit, music and easier time lvling.

Color mixer:
Red: Green: Blue: HTML color code: result:      
Your Name: Check to login:

Your Message:

Read the
formating help
Are you a spambot? Yes No Maybe Huh?
Create poll? Yes No   What is this?
Poll question: