Register new account
Edit account
Search

Ancient Domains Of Mystery, forum overview / ADOM / Just figures, dont ya know....

Online users ( Unknown)
Application object not working properly at the moment, no clue who is online...

* Numbers in parentheses are the number of minutes since the user last loaded a page. Logged-in users time out after 40 minutes (unless they manually log out), lurkers and anonymous posters after 20.

Alterac
Unregistered user
Posted on Tuesday, April 06, 2004 at 23:20 (GMT -5)

I am a save scummer... I admit it.. my only victories have been accomplished by save scumming quite a bit... but now, while I am attempting to redeem myself and NOT save scum, Twice have I been screwed by what HAS to be a bug... grrr... here is what keeps happening...

I am trying to play a drakeling monk (seems fun) and am kicking plenty of rear, going through the UD, and all the sudden... i cant kill anything anymore... i look at my damage... 1D3 +6, down much from what it should be... anyone else run into this? anyone know either a workaround or a way to avoid this, or fix this (one of my characters is still alive)? I am attempting to stop save-scumming, but having multiple promising characters screwed due to a bug is greatly hindering this

PS this is my first post, so if I offended anyone, sorry
Klavert
Registered user
The Hurthling

Last page view:

6528 days, 12 hours, 6 minutes and 39 seconds ago.
Posted on Wednesday, April 07, 2004 at 02:11 (GMT -5)

I think you were burdened.
Monks don't do much damage anymore when burdened or strained.

Klavert
-I want ye to slay a rat to prove your valor- Thrundarr
That really happened to me :D
Maastonakki
Registered user
A cute puppy

Last page view:

5832 days, 20 hours, 1 minute and 10 seconds ago.
Posted on Wednesday, April 07, 2004 at 05:12 (GMT -5)

Yeah that's gotta be that...

Alterac
Unregistered user
Posted on Wednesday, April 07, 2004 at 08:46 (GMT -5)

Really? cool! I didnt know that (first time with monks). Im gonna have to keep that in mind... Thanks a ton! (drat now I feel stupid. Oh well, what else is new) at least now I know.
BlackDragonUnlogged
Unregistered user
Posted on Wednesday, April 07, 2004 at 10:38 (GMT -5)

blessed girdle of carrying are almost made for monks.
Ry
Registered user
The Eternal Newbie

Last page view:

7138 days, 22 hours, 50 minutes and 5 seconds ago.
Posted on Wednesday, April 07, 2004 at 11:02 (GMT -5)

Ow! blessed status does affect girdles of carrying? OMG, now *I* start feeling very, very stupid...

Greater Segmentation Vault (emperor memory leak surronded by memory leak kings and master memory leaks)
Warlord*
Unregistered user
Posted on Wednesday, April 07, 2004 at 11:04 (GMT -5)

:) yes it really makes a difference.
Ry
Registered user
The Eternal Newbie

Last page view:

7138 days, 22 hours, 50 minutes and 5 seconds ago.
Posted on Wednesday, April 07, 2004 at 11:12 (GMT -5)

What about other foos of carrying?

Greater Segmentation Vault (emperor memory leak surronded by memory leak kings and master memory leaks)
Portrait
Jonesy
Registered user
Liberate Te Ex Inferis

Last page view:

6515 days, 4 hours, 41 minutes and 36 seconds ago.
Posted on Wednesday, April 07, 2004 at 16:53 (GMT -5)

Not so much on those. Atlas spell is the best, though. Since it stacks, all you have to do is have plenty of castings/the book and stand on the central island in Terinyo.

"If God did not exist, it would be necessary to invent him."- Voltaire
"Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven."- John Milton, Paradise Lost
"Yesterday we obeyed kings and bent our necks before emperors. But today we kneel only to truth, follow only beauty, and obey only love."- Kahlil Gibran
"I may disagree with what you have to say, but I shall defend, to the death, your right to say it."- Voltaire.
"What is freedom of expression? Without the freedom to offend, it ceases to exist."-Salman Rushdie
*Majin*
Unregistered user
Posted on Wednesday, April 07, 2004 at 18:56 (GMT -5)

I think gloves of carrying only decrease the weight of your weapons in your hand/s, usefull for 2weapon com
Miroku
Unregistered user
Posted on Wednesday, April 07, 2004 at 21:25 (GMT -5)

Uncuresed gloves of carrying increases your carrying capacity by half the weight you have in your hand. As for blessed or Cursed I'd think 75%, and 25% repectively. Or maybe 60%, 40%. I'm not sure, but I am sure of the uncursed gloves of carrying.

(BTW this is my first post. ADOM's a great game)
Some guy
Unregistered user
Posted on Friday, April 09, 2004 at 18:39 (GMT -5)

I always get the carrying talents no matter what I'm playing. If I'm a fighter type, I need them for my heavy equipment and the crap I pick up. If I'm a spellcaster, even with strength of atlas I still won't carry more than I can survive to carry without strength of atlas, so I want my maximum carrying to be as high as possible. (I've never been crushed by luggage, and I'm not about to start!)

Color mixer:
Red: Green: Blue: HTML color code: result:      
Your Name: Check to login:

Your Message:

Read the
formating help
Are you a spambot? Yes No Maybe Huh?
Create poll? Yes No   What is this?
Poll question: