Register new account
Edit account
Search

Ancient Domains Of Mystery, forum overview / Spoilers / does luck accumulate?

Online users ( Unknown)
Application object not working properly at the moment, no clue who is online...

* Numbers in parentheses are the number of minutes since the user last loaded a page. Logged-in users time out after 40 minutes (unless they manually log out), lurkers and anonymous posters after 20.

Portrait
wakka
Registered user
Tha kitten slayer

Last page view:

6721 days, 2 hours, 46 minutes and 21 seconds ago.
Posted on Wednesday, April 07, 2004 at 05:37 (GMT -5)

if wearing blessed ankh, two blessed rings of luck, having intrinsics fate smiles and lucky, does it improve the luck more than if wearing only the ankh? I don't think it should, and I don't think there's anything in the GB, so what do you guys think?

And my point was...
Portrait
Iridia
Moderator on this forum
YASD

Last page view:

3756 days, 6 hours, 45 minutes and 42 seconds ago.
Posted on Wednesday, April 07, 2004 at 06:53 (GMT -5)

I would say no, with the possible exception of the ankh, which probably grants increases even on top of lucky+fate smiles.

Die Gedanken sind Frei
Ry
Registered user
The Eternal Newbie

Last page view:

7130 days, 4 hours, 52 minutes and 56 seconds ago.
Posted on Wednesday, April 07, 2004 at 10:48 (GMT -5)

The matter is quite unclear. But it's considered to be a good move to wear every last bit of your luck-enhancing equipment before undertaking any important non-combat activity. Such as drinking from the fountains, smithing, mining etc.

Also, most gremlin exploiters prefer to do the same while mangling hundreds of those tiny innocent fury creatures.

Greater Segmentation Vault (emperor memory leak surronded by memory leak kings and master memory leaks)
Ry
Registered user
The Eternal Newbie

Last page view:

Posted on Wednesday, April 07, 2004 at 10:49 (GMT -5)

Ugh, that's 'furry' of coruse, not 'furious'. Furious gremlin is something I've yet to see. Maybe after some 5,000 kills...

Greater Segmentation Vault (emperor memory leak surronded by memory leak kings and master memory leaks)
Portrait
Morio
Registered user
Holy Champion of ADoM

Last page view:

3898 days, 20 hours, 17 minutes and 33 seconds ago.
Posted on Wednesday, April 07, 2004 at 11:58 (GMT -5)

I don't know but after about 700 kills they are only ~10-12
That's the longest I've ever bothered to kill them.

"I don't know what World War 3 will be fought with, but I know World War 4 with be fought with sticks and stones." - Albert Einstein
*Majin*
Unregistered user
Posted on Wednesday, April 07, 2004 at 19:00 (GMT -5)

4000 gremlins in my last game, extremely experienced gremlins tickle
Larrack
Unregistered user
Posted on Wednesday, April 07, 2004 at 22:26 (GMT -5)

Personal experience says no.
What I understand of how TB works says no.

Lucky and Fate Smiles, like possessing fire resistance, is a stage thing. Once you have the best, you have the best. Adom does seem to record small bonuses to the whole luck thing for both True Strength and the Ankh, but they are special exceptions.
Portrait
Alex
Registered user
Master Necromancer

Last page view:

6508 days, 16 hours, 41 minutes and 2 seconds ago.
Posted on Thursday, April 08, 2004 at 02:37 (GMT -5)

Read a blessed scroll of great identify on the items in question.
If it says 'it increases your luck' in addition to other things, then I believe it does stack. If it just says 'it makes you lucky/makes fate smile on you' then it probably doesnt.

What do you wish for? wands of cat repellent_
J.
Registered user
You'll never get rid of me

Last page view:

5664 days, 16 hours, 55 minutes and 53 seconds ago.
Posted on Thursday, April 08, 2004 at 08:29 (GMT -5)

Elemental resistances stack... (don't know what Larrack is talking about)

If you're feeling happy, don't worry, it'll go away.

Originally posted by noob: "I'm everytime amazed how you people know to exploit every single little bug (or not-bug) for elaborated scumming tatics even if the feature seems completely useless or bad."

[Edited 1 time, last edit on 4/8/2004 at 08:30 (GMT -5) by J.]
Ry
Registered user
The Eternal Newbie

Last page view:

Posted on Thursday, April 08, 2004 at 11:33 (GMT -5)

I'm not sure. Fire resistance stacks, of course, but it's unclear if this works for ToEF background damage only. Anyway, even one level of FR makes fire damage virtually negligible, so it's hard to tell. And it's even more obscure concerning other resistance. To quantitate the effects would be quite hard even with hex-editing your char...

Some guy
Unregistered user
Posted on Friday, April 09, 2004 at 20:00 (GMT -5)

I killed 2500 gremlins in a game, and I was using a stethescope just for fun, and it said that at level 30 gremlins do something like 10-15 damage. But in my monster memory, it said gremlins do something like 1-60 damage, so there must have been one pretty freaking powerful gremlin in there somewhere.

If you do extra fights in the arena you find that kind of thing there too. My monster memory for "orc" after fighting one there, "they have from 1 to 300 hitpoints".

Edit: Oh right, the topic of this thread. Rings of luck just give the luck intrinsic, so it probably doesn't stack. Though, when you use Revelation it says "you are lucky (ENHANCED by an item)", so who really knows besides TB. There's actually a lot of superstition about this game, vault location is decided when you start the game or enter the dungeon with the vaults, so wearing lucky or dooming stuff doesn't actually help generate any more vaults.

[Edited 1 time, last edit on 4/9/2004 at 20:04 (GMT -5) by its author]
Ry
Registered user
The Eternal Newbie

Last page view:

Posted on Sunday, April 11, 2004 at 04:26 (GMT -5)

Monster memory take crits into the account, imho. So that 60 is probably 15 x4 critical.

Larrack
Unregistered user
Posted on Sunday, April 11, 2004 at 22:11 (GMT -5)

No one is going to seriously expect me to believe that acid or poison resistance stacks?
illumi
Unregistered user
Posted on Sunday, April 11, 2004 at 23:48 (GMT -5)

So do they stack? =)
J.
Registered user
You'll never get rid of me

Last page view:

5664 days, 16 hours, 55 minutes and 53 seconds ago.
Posted on Monday, April 12, 2004 at 03:23 (GMT -5)

They stack. Go see it yourself. Wear one/two things of resistance, and let vortices explode on you.

Same with poison resistance. If you have it naturally and get it also from an item poison is half(just throwing figures out of my head) as effective.

If you're feeling happy, don't worry, it'll go away.

Originally posted by noob: "I'm everytime amazed how you people know to exploit every single little bug (or not-bug) for elaborated scumming tatics even if the feature seems completely useless or bad."

[Edited 1 time, last edit on 4/12/2004 at 03:24 (GMT -5) by J.]

Color mixer:
Red: Green: Blue: HTML color code: result:      
Your Name: Check to login:

Your Message:

Read the
formating help
Are you a spambot? Yes No Maybe Huh?
Create poll? Yes No   What is this?
Poll question: