Register new account
Edit account
Search

Ancient Domains Of Mystery, forum overview / Spoilers / An advice, please...

Online users ( Unknown)
Application object not working properly at the moment, no clue who is online...

* Numbers in parentheses are the number of minutes since the user last loaded a page. Logged-in users time out after 40 minutes (unless they manually log out), lurkers and anonymous posters after 20.

honzalinek
Unregistered user
Posted on Thursday, April 08, 2004 at 09:36 (GMT -5)

Hello there,
A similar thread was put here recently but can you help ME?

I'm playing a human ranger. It is a nice char (human rangers usually arenīt:-), I got some prette good stuff - 2 adamantium balanced swords, helm of water breathing, =oDS, =of invisibility, =of teleport control, =of speed, 7league boots, bracers of speed, bracers of toughness (3x !). BTW, I didnt see ANY cloak in the whole play:-)

I made the puppy quest, Yrrigs, all the dwarven quests, graveyard, killed Rehetep.
But what now?
IMO it is somewhat early for =oHK because I have no wand of ice and my bridge bulding ability is poor.

P.S. What is a scroll of luck good for and is it useful for me when I am already lucky now?
Ry
Registered user
The Eternal Newbie

Last page view:

7129 days, 18 hours, 52 minutes and 26 seconds ago.
Posted on Thursday, April 08, 2004 at 11:27 (GMT -5)

Did you save Khelly?

If you did - do ToEW, go to wall of flames, then try TotHK and DF. After that ToEF.

If you didn't - well, go to Gremlin Cave, try DF. Train BB somewhat and try TotHK.

> BTW, I didnt see ANY cloak in the whole play:-)

That's the way the ADOM works.

On scroll of luck - you'd better check the GB, it's there for sure. But, from memory, - removes doomed if present, if not - removes cursed if present, if not - adds lucky if not present, if not - adds fate smiles. Oh, and cursed ones work the other way I think.

Greater Segmentation Vault (emperor memory leak surronded by memory leak kings and master memory leaks)
honzalinek
Unregistered user
Posted on Thursday, April 08, 2004 at 14:08 (GMT -5)

thank you, but I have never won I donīt want to try ultra endings... I mean, my English is not perfect, I do not know much about the things like ToRT etc. and I would like just to get to the CoC 50 and see what is there:-) I hope you understand. Yes?
honzalinek
Unregistered user
Posted on Thursday, April 08, 2004 at 14:16 (GMT -5)

and please, what is ToEW?
Ferret not signed in
Unregistered user
Posted on Thursday, April 08, 2004 at 17:29 (GMT -5)

ToEW is the Water Temple
Maastonakki
Registered user
A cute puppy

Last page view:

5823 days, 16 hours, 3 minutes and 31 seconds ago.
Posted on Thursday, April 08, 2004 at 18:24 (GMT -5)

but what the heck is ToRT

Portrait
Alex
Registered user
Master Necromancer

Last page view:

6508 days, 6 hours, 40 minutes and 32 seconds ago.
Posted on Friday, April 09, 2004 at 03:19 (GMT -5)

I think he meant TotRR

What do you wish for? wands of cat repellent_
honzalinek
Unregistered user
Posted on Friday, April 09, 2004 at 04:23 (GMT -5)

Yes, it did, thnx.
Any other suggestions, please?
J.
Registered user
You'll never get rid of me

Last page view:

5664 days, 6 hours, 55 minutes and 23 seconds ago.
Posted on Friday, April 09, 2004 at 06:49 (GMT -5)

Tomb of the high kings is the best place for your char now. The cavernous levels are good for leveling up, and you might find that /oCold you're looking for.

Another good way of getting equipment is to get a fluff ball(several in the gremlin cave), create a water trap somewhere and start breeding and killing gremlins. Pickpocket them if you want. You'll get the best equipment in DH:2, but have teleport available in case something bad sneaks up on you.

If you're feeling happy, don't worry, it'll go away.

Originally posted by noob: "I'm everytime amazed how you people know to exploit every single little bug (or not-bug) for elaborated scumming tatics even if the feature seems completely useless or bad."
honzalinek
Unregistered user
Posted on Friday, April 09, 2004 at 10:39 (GMT -5)

thank you, J. I believe you:-)
Portrait
Alex
Registered user
Master Necromancer

Last page view:

6508 days, 6 hours, 40 minutes and 32 seconds ago.
Posted on Friday, April 09, 2004 at 10:48 (GMT -5)

I like gremlins. They just gave me the AoLS I needed for Kelly. had to kill 3800 of them first though . . .

What do you wish for? wands of cat repellent_
Some guy
Unregistered user
Posted on Saturday, April 10, 2004 at 13:56 (GMT -5)

DH:2 is more than twice as corrupting as DH:1, so make sure you want to take that risk.

Scrolls of luck don't affect dooming, they just affect cursed, lucky and fate smiles.

Aaaaaaaaand there's a guaranteed cloak in the SMC if you want to go back in there for it.

Color mixer:
Red: Green: Blue: HTML color code: result:      
Your Name: Check to login:

Your Message:

Read the
formating help
Are you a spambot? Yes No Maybe Huh?
Create poll? Yes No   What is this?
Poll question: