Register new account
Edit account
Search

Ancient Domains Of Mystery, forum overview / Spoilers / =8-|

Online users ( Unknown)
Application object not working properly at the moment, no clue who is online...

* Numbers in parentheses are the number of minutes since the user last loaded a page. Logged-in users time out after 40 minutes (unless they manually log out), lurkers and anonymous posters after 20.

Ry
Registered user
The Eternal Newbie

Last page view:

7130 days, 8 hours and 2 minutes ago.
Posted on Thursday, April 08, 2004 at 13:02 (GMT -5)

Decided to give DE necro another try. Just generated one.

HE DOESN'T HAVE A SPELLBOOK OF FROST BOLT! He's got a tract of chaos instead. Now this is an insult.

Oh no, I'm not going to play this... abomination...

Greater Segmentation Vault (emperor memory leak surronded by memory leak kings and master memory leaks)
Portrait
Alex
Registered user
Master Necromancer

Last page view:

6508 days, 19 hours, 50 minutes and 6 seconds ago.
Posted on Thursday, April 08, 2004 at 13:25 (GMT -5)

Yeah, it happens with necromancers occasionally (about 1 in 30 times, my estimation). Same thing can happen with wizards who start with book of confucius sayings.

What do you wish for? wands of cat repellent_
maestro_mozart
Unregistered user
Posted on Saturday, April 10, 2004 at 01:52 (GMT -5)

the only thing worse than getting a useless book with a wizard is getting an even more uless book that you actually want, like wish. i got it a couple times startin out and you just know you're gonna die long before you could hope to read and, and of course you do.
illumi
Unregistered user
Posted on Saturday, April 10, 2004 at 14:13 (GMT -5)

Sell it, you get the $$$ and thus a pre-crowning gift
maestro_mozart
Unregistered user
Posted on Saturday, April 10, 2004 at 17:14 (GMT -5)

i dunno i probably wouldn't sell it for a precrown. how much money can you get for it? besides the amount of gold i'd have might crush a little wizard. i rarely get good stuff on precrownings, at least, stuff i actually need. i guess the actual wish spell isn't that effective either though. robes of resistance or ring of immunity sure would be nice for a lvl 8 wizard though. lol
Ry
Registered user
The Eternal Newbie

Last page view:

7130 days, 8 hours and 2 minutes ago.
Posted on Sunday, April 11, 2004 at 06:48 (GMT -5)

Happened to me twice in a row. I 'spose wizard received Confucious are not nearly that bad - they get more than one book after all. Necros with ToC are unplayable OTOH (unless they're trollish necros, hehe). The very first monster killed me with ease.

All in all, necros seem to be among the hardest classes to play. Weak in the beginning, and later on kinda toned down wizards. No good abilities, too, except for that one at L50. And that C is really PITA.

Greater Segmentation Vault (emperor memory leak surronded by memory leak kings and master memory leaks)

Color mixer:
Red: Green: Blue: HTML color code: result:      
Your Name: Check to login:

Your Message:

Read the
formating help
Are you a spambot? Yes No Maybe Huh?
Create poll? Yes No   What is this?
Poll question: