Register new account
Edit account
Search

Ancient Domains Of Mystery, forum overview / ADOM / the damned forest

Online users ( Unknown)
Application object not working properly at the moment, no clue who is online...

* Numbers in parentheses are the number of minutes since the user last loaded a page. Logged-in users time out after 40 minutes (unless they manually log out), lurkers and anonymous posters after 20.

pulsedriver
Registered user
appretince ;]

Last page view:

7294 days, 7 hours, 16 minutes and 4 seconds ago.
Posted on Sunday, April 11, 2004 at 16:03 (GMT -5)

How to quickly pass the animated forest below the dwarven city ?? i tried to kill those damned trees with fire but they reproduce i think. i made some path with darkness spell, but it takes a looot of time until i get to the other side of the map... and the 2nd pass thru dvarven caves is a not good idea(still to weak - 20 lv)...

ps hi everyone ;]
Portrait
Alex
Registered user
Master Necromancer

Last page view:

6517 days, 5 hours, 52 minutes and 41 seconds ago.
Posted on Sunday, April 11, 2004 at 16:32 (GMT -5)

You can easily do the dwarven halls at level 20 if you're careful.

What do you wish for? wands of cat repellent_
Maastonakki
Registered user
A cute puppy

Last page view:

5832 days, 15 hours, 15 minutes and 40 seconds ago.
Posted on Sunday, April 11, 2004 at 16:40 (GMT -5)

Yeah the forest is only for madmen.

Portrait
Alex
Registered user
Master Necromancer

Last page view:

6517 days, 5 hours, 52 minutes and 41 seconds ago.
Posted on Sunday, April 11, 2004 at 16:43 (GMT -5)

or people who accidentally put balors in them.

What do you wish for? wands of cat repellent_
TheTimpen
Registered user

Last page view:

6858 days, 8 hours, 10 minutes and 40 seconds ago.
Posted on Sunday, April 11, 2004 at 17:11 (GMT -5)

I always take the forest. All chars I've gotten to that point have had teleportitis/astral planes/tp spell + tp control though.

I have lost 2 promising chars 1 step from the stairway on DH1.

Only had 5 chars at this point though, the latest one died earlier today on Dlvl 50 :(
Drakeling + no potion of youth + massive amount of ghost lords = bad
Maastonakki
Registered user
A cute puppy

Last page view:

5832 days, 15 hours, 15 minutes and 40 seconds ago.
Posted on Sunday, April 11, 2004 at 17:25 (GMT -5)

DH is for the leet guys. forest is for the guys who don't know how to handle risks!

TheTimpen
Registered user

Last page view:

Posted on Sunday, April 11, 2004 at 17:29 (GMT -5)

Put on berserk, press ctrl+k, press and hold the direction the monsters are and close your eyes? :S
Ry
Registered user
The Eternal Newbie

Last page view:

7138 days, 18 hours, 4 minutes and 35 seconds ago.
Posted on Sunday, April 11, 2004 at 17:46 (GMT -5)

Forest is real easy and not even boring if you have: Invisibility spell/(foo) of invisibility, Teleport spell, teleport control and a couple of shields (even if they're like [+1,-3]). And dwarven halls can be HELL. My current char, actually, had problems in both places. He couldn't get through forest (surrounded by hostile trees and barely escaped... they started growing in experience, and that was quite nasty...), and Dwarven Halls was simply horrible. Baby karmic dragon destructed lots of good equipment, including gauntlets of strength, before I had his ass served on a plate, THEN there was chaos wizard, whose WMoPCes almost finished me, THEN giant rust monster ate my knife of vampirism (yeah, that's my mistake, not the game's, I know), and that almost made me throw my box outta window. And all of that was on DH: 1. DH: 2 was actually better, just lots, lots, LOTS of spider factories... and a moloch. I only decided to get on him some ten levels later, when I finally got stone axe of penetration in my clutches.

Well, but ADOM said "sorry" in a real nice way :-) On a Khelly level there was a werewolf lord, killed him and his minions, found glowing wand. 3 charges. (First time ever. I've seen a lot of wishes from pools and RoDS, but no WoWi before this.)

Greater Segmentation Vault (emperor memory leak surronded by memory leak kings and master memory leaks)
J.
Registered user
You'll never get rid of me

Last page view:

5673 days, 6 hours, 7 minutes and 32 seconds ago.
Posted on Sunday, April 11, 2004 at 18:18 (GMT -5)

pulsedriver, you might not have known but fire is the last thing you should use there. Using fire makes the whole forest, all of the trees, hostile. Normally only a small part of them is hostile and you can move around quite freely.

If you're feeling happy, don't worry, it'll go away.

Originally posted by noob: "I'm everytime amazed how you people know to exploit every single little bug (or not-bug) for elaborated scumming tatics even if the feature seems completely useless or bad."
C<U>
Unregistered user
Posted on Sunday, April 11, 2004 at 22:45 (GMT -5)

Only go through the forest with invis. and teleport spell/control.
Jdwpom
Unregistered user
Posted on Monday, April 12, 2004 at 00:34 (GMT -5)

First time through, I just walked rather carefully. If you don't specifically attack any of the trees, you should do quite well, learn to use the 5 key until a good spot opens up for you to walk into, and occasionally back-tracking is good - the dwarf did say that it takes great willpower to do the AniForest, and the will to not just power through like a dickhead comes under that category to me.

Same char - lvl17. Big Punch, Amulet of Rapid Healing, Rusty bracers of regeneration and a Troll... *You Splatter the Animated tree* He now has 68 animated tree kills... that's just going through once, and he had full hitpoints when he got to the other side. DV/PV 1/18 on berserk.. 33 Str helped here...
TheTimpen
Registered user

Last page view:

Posted on Monday, April 12, 2004 at 04:57 (GMT -5)

I killed some ~250 animated trees with a drakeling barb. It was kinda annoying when they got through 136 dv and finally shredded me to pieces.

Note to self, avoid killing animated trees.
Portrait
Morio
Registered user
Holy Champion of ADoM

Last page view:

3907 days, 9 hours, 29 minutes and 12 seconds ago.
Posted on Monday, April 12, 2004 at 05:42 (GMT -5)

I killed about 700 trees with my lvl 50 wizard after finishing the game (Improved fireball is quite useful in the animated forest)

"I don't know what World War 3 will be fought with, but I know World War 4 with be fought with sticks and stones." - Albert Einstein
pulsedriver
Registered user
appretince ;]

Last page view:

Posted on Monday, April 12, 2004 at 13:01 (GMT -5)

yup, thanks for the answers. yes, i noticed it while using baptism of fire that they get mad. but when i was using hellish flames, they still dont care, but there are too many of them. i have corruption telleport but dont control it. dont have invisibility too but i have the cloak. unfortunately most of the fprest is hostile (scorched about 180).
pulsedriver
Registered user
appretince ;]

Last page view:

Posted on Monday, April 12, 2004 at 13:09 (GMT -5)

and 1 more thing - is there any site with some advices, monster info, magical item info etc because i have many questions .... and dont want to garbage this forum with them ????

J.
Registered user
You'll never get rid of me

Last page view:

5673 days, 6 hours, 7 minutes and 32 seconds ago.
Posted on Monday, April 12, 2004 at 14:46 (GMT -5)

http://www.andywlms.com/adom/

There's pretty much everything that's known about ADOM. If you don't mind getting horribly spoiled, read it. Your game might be much more fun discovering stuff on your own though.

If you're feeling happy, don't worry, it'll go away.

Originally posted by noob: "I'm everytime amazed how you people know to exploit every single little bug (or not-bug) for elaborated scumming tatics even if the feature seems completely useless or bad."
pulsedriver
Registered user
appretince ;]

Last page view:

Posted on Monday, April 12, 2004 at 15:01 (GMT -5)

thx man, i was on the site but i didnt noticed the guidebook.

Some guy
Unregistered user
Posted on Wednesday, April 14, 2004 at 00:35 (GMT -5)

Every other post has a link to the guidebook... lol.

I always try the DH first, but sometimes I hit something like a titan, and end up having to through the forest and I hate the forest. One thing you can do if you have really high mining or hammerhead... mine a path around the forest along the right and top edges. Trees still spawn in there but you can't get surrounded, which is useful.

Color mixer:
Red: Green: Blue: HTML color code: result:      
Your Name: Check to login:

Your Message:

Read the
formating help
Are you a spambot? Yes No Maybe Huh?
Create poll? Yes No   What is this?
Poll question: