Register new account
Edit account
Search

Ancient Domains Of Mystery, forum overview / ADOM / Sigh what should I do now

Online users ( Unknown)
Application object not working properly at the moment, no clue who is online...

* Numbers in parentheses are the number of minutes since the user last loaded a page. Logged-in users time out after 40 minutes (unless they manually log out), lurkers and anonymous posters after 20.

Invid
Unregistered user
Posted on Monday, April 12, 2004 at 03:06 (GMT -5)

I started a Troll Wizard and by some exceptional luck, started with 17 learning! Got my first precrowning ever... attempted to go for another one but no god wouldn't give it to me. Nearly died in DH2 when this quickling king brought me down to 4 hp. I prayed... and accidentaly got crowned :(

Now i find myself rather screwed again, approaching 90 day limit (at 82 days already) no SLBs, no AoL, so can't proceed past khel. The mystic didn't give me any SoCRs.

I am only level 16, the question I want to ask is, is it worth it to continue playing? Will the corruption kill me b4 i manage to finish the game? Right now i am trying to do the gremlim trick on DH2 and getting rather pissed at myself because not only i didn't only create 1, but 3 teleportion traps!

Anyways stupid adom wont give me my SLB's or AoLs or SoCRs, instead it chooses to give me whirlwind, which is irritating because i am doing more damage with my crossbow.

so... what should i do now???

p/s i've got the RoHK, crown of science, griff bloodaxe, found the secret entrance to the HMV. Haven't done the ToEF yet. Been training Magic missile and frost bolt... and have teleport, invisibility etc...

Do you think SLBs are more useful than AoLs
Yes  No
Check results

TheTimpen
Registered user

Last page view:

6858 days, 2 hours, 30 minutes and 3 seconds ago.
Posted on Monday, April 12, 2004 at 04:55 (GMT -5)

If you can take on all the steel golems, drain the pools in darkforge and hope for a wish.
Maastonakki
Registered user
A cute puppy

Last page view:

5832 days, 9 hours, 35 minutes and 3 seconds ago.
Posted on Monday, April 12, 2004 at 18:22 (GMT -5)

and don't do the gremling farming unless you can take care of corruption at dh2.. go to rift, if you have enuff climbing... dive to id..
you can finish the game no prob still :P

Can you get to the bug temple? with spells it's easy

Invid
Unregistered user
Posted on Monday, April 12, 2004 at 19:54 (GMT -5)

Already drained above mentioned pools.. i could still do the bug temple.. but worried about the xp increase... cant go to rift yet... not high lvl enuff?

I'll dive into the id...

Thanks.
Maastonakki
Registered user
A cute puppy

Last page view:

Posted on Tuesday, April 13, 2004 at 07:39 (GMT -5)

but worried about the xp increase | eh?

Your climbing btw isn't 100 yet for rift then, or then it is and your willpower is below 20.. anyway, if you have 100 climbing and 100 stealth you get the weird tome from library which is accessible via rift, and the weird tome equals as five SoCR

TheTimpen
Registered user

Last page view:

6858 days, 2 hours, 30 minutes and 3 seconds ago.
Posted on Tuesday, April 13, 2004 at 09:15 (GMT -5)

Those monsters in the rift can be nasty though, a werewolf king almost got me when i went there :(
Maastonakki
Registered user
A cute puppy

Last page view:

Posted on Tuesday, April 13, 2004 at 11:56 (GMT -5)

yeah... I had recently 4 ancient dragons there... all were of different color, and I even had one karmic dragon... beh those were a pain.. the black one burned some leet stuph... but then again, a low price for 5 SoCR..

And I think rift is a good place to stay and exp (the rift, not library) if you have some means of corruption removal, since the danger level is pretty high -> lotsa baddies -> lotsa exp... and good stuff, too! once got a WoW there.. but then again, just once.. anyway. I think I'm gonna start a new character, it's been way too much since the last one (some 2 hours, perhaps).

Portrait
Alex
Registered user
Master Necromancer

Last page view:

6517 days, 12 minutes and 4 seconds ago.
Posted on Tuesday, April 13, 2004 at 15:30 (GMT -5)

I hate the damn rift. My char had 100 climbing, 45 dexterity, both corruptions, not burdened, and he STILL fell and lost a shitload of nice potions.

What do you wish for? wands of cat repellent_
Some guy
Unregistered user
Posted on Wednesday, April 14, 2004 at 00:28 (GMT -5)

Which is why I always drop all potions, wands and scrolls in the nearby TotHK before going down the rift. I never get both corruptions anyway. I've only ever once got into the quickling tree, and that was with a scummed char.
Maastonakki
Registered user
A cute puppy

Last page view:

Posted on Wednesday, April 14, 2004 at 01:05 (GMT -5)

the best way to avoid item destruction you don't want is to get all those scrolls of light and darkness and potions of sickness and all the stuff like that with you when you fall..

Portrait
wakka
Registered user
Tha kitten slayer

Last page view:

6729 days, 10 hours, 17 minutes and 24 seconds ago.
Posted on Wednesday, April 14, 2004 at 08:32 (GMT -5)

I took only a bit of stuff with me: artifacts and no potions. I lost a fortune bisquit and a blanket, I think. (3 items max, not sure). just take the essential.

And my point was...

Color mixer:
Red: Green: Blue: HTML color code: result:      
Your Name: Check to login:

Your Message:

Read the
formating help
Are you a spambot? Yes No Maybe Huh?
Create poll? Yes No   What is this?
Poll question: