Register new account
Edit account
Search

Ancient Domains Of Mystery, forum overview / Spoilers / Ultra yet again:)

Online users ( Unknown)
Application object not working properly at the moment, no clue who is online...

* Numbers in parentheses are the number of minutes since the user last loaded a page. Logged-in users time out after 40 minutes (unless they manually log out), lurkers and anonymous posters after 20.

Egg king
Unregistered user
Posted on Wednesday, April 14, 2004 at 03:27 (GMT -5)

Ok managed to back to where I was but this time with a mindcrafter, only thing Im missing is my L+ have got to L but any tips on a fast way to do it. I currently have a beggar locked in a room and keep giving him stomafilla and money, is there a faster way of doing this?
Maastonakki
Registered user
A cute puppy

Last page view:

5824 days, 15 hours, 1 minute and 29 seconds ago.
Posted on Wednesday, April 14, 2004 at 03:55 (GMT -5)

try wishing for master liches and kill them ^^ (okay don't do that)

Portrait
Alex
Registered user
Master Necromancer

Last page view:

6509 days, 5 hours, 38 minutes and 30 seconds ago.
Posted on Wednesday, April 14, 2004 at 04:01 (GMT -5)

Get a pet, take it to the ToEF and constantly heal it.

What do you wish for? wands of cat repellent_
Portrait
Ekaterin
Moderator on this forum

Last page view:

5766 days, 16 hours, 34 minutes and 21 seconds ago.
Posted on Wednesday, April 14, 2004 at 04:02 (GMT -5)

This may not help you now, but the way I do it is to wear the blessed amulet of order and just go about my business until I'm L+. What level are you? The amulet works slower at higher levels and not at all above level 45 or so.
maestro_mozart
Unregistered user
Posted on Wednesday, April 14, 2004 at 15:39 (GMT -5)

yeah just do what ekaterin is saying, if you're not rushed for corruption just keep killin dragons. of course, the way these things work is, once you manage to forget that what you're doing is looking for L+ you'll get it immediately after that. that's how it works. if you're going for an ultra ending and trying to get as many points as you can don't go back outside the caves, time bonuses are pretty good from what i hear. i think the most i ever scored was 11 million with normal ending. dunno really.
Larrack
Unregistered user
Posted on Thursday, April 15, 2004 at 01:04 (GMT -5)

Amulet of order can get you to L+? My experience has been different.
Egg King
Unregistered user
Posted on Thursday, April 15, 2004 at 05:13 (GMT -5)

Sorry should have put down the details (playing WC3:)
Ok Lvl 50 human mindcrafter wearing blessed amulet of order. Sacing Si whenever I get the chance and giving blessed stomafilla and money to a beggar (Female of course) whos locked in the basement. Its so evil, its good! I love it:) The real question is how long this is going to take?
When I find another scroll of balance, I will test how much Im getting (But if someone out there could do it for me, I will have have your babys (many times:)
Portrait
Alex
Registered user
Master Necromancer

Last page view:

6509 days, 5 hours, 38 minutes and 30 seconds ago.
Posted on Thursday, April 15, 2004 at 06:33 (GMT -5)

Larrack, I've had an amulet of order take me to L+, but only at low levels (below 20). According to the guidebook, there's no reason why it shouldn't be able to do it as long as it's still having an effect, which lasts up until level 46. It says that 'the "easiest" way of getting there seems to be giving 4-5 millions of gold to beggars in steps of 1000 - if you have the money and can perform one give action in two seconds, it'll still take more than two hours. It follows that this is a major PITA.'
You need 5-6000 stones on the white side for L+ when you read scroll of balance, just so you know.

What do you wish for? wands of cat repellent_
Egg King
Unregistered user
Posted on Thursday, April 15, 2004 at 08:17 (GMT -5)

Yeah I know the stone number but Im using large amounts of stomafilla to do it (3 groups in the big room) and Im wondering if this is faster or not? Been doing it in bunch's of 10 a go and I want to know how much I'm getting a trip (around 100, mostly blessed, 100 herb:)
Ok so Im training my trident skill (almost grand:) and getting more water (4 left:() at the same time, so its a good thing but Id like to know how many time I will have to do this:(.
wakka*
Unregistered user
Posted on Thursday, April 15, 2004 at 15:14 (GMT -5)

don't know how it works on high levels: give the sheriff bandit/outlaw/whatnot corpses.
maestro_mozart
Unregistered user
Posted on Friday, April 16, 2004 at 03:42 (GMT -5)

i dunno why you're wasting your time with that. you probably couldnt' gotten it already with a greater red dragon vault or some such place. blue dragons or even nuurag varn. just about anywhere in CoC is good for getting l + other than a white unicorn vault
Egg King
Unregistered user
Posted on Friday, April 16, 2004 at 04:55 (GMT -5)

One word..... Corruption!
J.
Registered user
You'll never get rid of me

Last page view:

5665 days, 5 hours, 53 minutes and 21 seconds ago.
Posted on Friday, April 16, 2004 at 15:24 (GMT -5)

If you have survival, gather seeds in the wilderness and give them to beggars in Holeinthewall. Decently fast way in real time, takes quite long in game time though.

If you're feeling happy, don't worry, it'll go away.

Originally posted by noob: "I'm everytime amazed how you people know to exploit every single little bug (or not-bug) for elaborated scumming tatics even if the feature seems completely useless or bad."
firestorm
Unregistered user
Posted on Friday, April 16, 2004 at 20:22 (GMT -5)

Hunting red dragons in the wild (less corruption in wild), they also drop some good stuff.I like to have as much corruption as possible anyway (before going down to D:50, removed by the white unicorn)....not to mention you;re gonna run into dragon vaults in the CoC even if youre not looking for them (the vaults also have a few artifacts, so youre gonna have to clear them anyway)
maestro_mozart
Unregistered user
Posted on Friday, April 16, 2004 at 23:25 (GMT -5)

i don't see how you could get any extra corruption by getting l + in CoC. if you've gotta do the last 15-20 lvls anyway it'll actually save you time and corruption. by the time you're done with nuurag, barney, earth temple and such and such you'll be l + or very close. and if you didn't find an altar on your way then that's what teleport is for. of course you don't wanna go to d:50 yet.

this, for some reason, reminds me of a cheat game i was playing once. i was standing in the chaos plane crowned lawful and started wishing for goodwives and little girls so i could slaughter them. got to chaotic - pretty quick. what a great way to end a chaos finish, stab your lawful god right in the face, lol. i also killed andy whilst drunk and blind and just about every other modifier that shows up on the screen. elvish wine sure does the trick
Some guy
Unregistered user
Posted on Saturday, April 17, 2004 at 20:09 (GMT -5)

Elvish wine? Never heard of it.
Portrait
Majin
Registered user
Pierced

Last page view:

7313 days, 2 hours, 34 minutes and 33 seconds ago.
Posted on Sunday, April 18, 2004 at 04:27 (GMT -5)

*think* its just blessed booze? and orcish beer is cursed booze?

What do you Wish for?_
Egg King
Unregistered user
Posted on Sunday, April 18, 2004 at 04:32 (GMT -5)

Small problem with your theory of dragon killing already made my way down, have the full set of orbs and only need to put them in their places to open the last lvls. I up to about 4500 stones now so only about 2 more trips left then the quickling tree for more speed and then the final assault.
Its about 15-25 mins per trip and about 200 stones a trip, so its ok time wise and am on day 84. So might have time to do a quick run though the rift but being a mindcrafter I might give it a miss.
Egg King
Unregistered user
Posted on Monday, April 19, 2004 at 03:46 (GMT -5)

Mission complete!:)

Easier than I thought it would be still, didnt beat my top score(first ever game normal finish with a monk)
Stuffed up the quickling tree though:(

Color mixer:
Red: Green: Blue: HTML color code: result:      
Your Name: Check to login:

Your Message:

Read the
formating help
Are you a spambot? Yes No Maybe Huh?
Create poll? Yes No   What is this?
Poll question: