Register new account
Edit account
Search

Ancient Domains Of Mystery, forum overview / ADOM / What talents do you choose?

Online users ( Unknown)
Application object not working properly at the moment, no clue who is online...

* Numbers in parentheses are the number of minutes since the user last loaded a page. Logged-in users time out after 40 minutes (unless they manually log out), lurkers and anonymous posters after 20.

Maijn
Unregistered user
Posted on Friday, April 16, 2004 at 23:37 (GMT -5)

Ive been converted to a treasure hunter, so my talents (for warrior types)now go in this order:
Alert, Miser, Treasure Hunter
Healthy, Longstride, Then i pick hardy and the ones leading up to Immune to Pain (yay!), after that i usually pick stealthy and sixth sense (having 90% of your best items destroyed by an acid trap SUCKS)
illumi
Unregistered user
Posted on Saturday, April 17, 2004 at 03:45 (GMT -5)

um ... I usually select the first few talents for DV

Careful, Quick, Defensive Fighter, Dodger (if meet the skill requirement), Shield Talents X 3, Longstride (for walking faster), Carrying Capacity Talents x 3 ... the rest are random ^^
Warlord*
Unregistered user
Posted on Saturday, April 17, 2004 at 04:29 (GMT -5)

I always go for Treasure hunter first, then I pick healthy and if a spellcaster, I go for charged and book learners.
Klavert
Registered user
The Hurthling

Last page view:

6528 days, 9 hours, 44 minutes and 22 seconds ago.
Posted on Saturday, April 17, 2004 at 04:53 (GMT -5)

I usually play spellcasters.
Then i go for these talents: potent aura, strong aura, mighty aura, good learner, good book learner, great learner, great book learner

Klavert
-I want ye to slay a rat to prove your valor- Thrundarr
That really happened to me :D
Ry
Registered user
The Eternal Newbie

Last page view:

7138 days, 20 hours, 27 minutes and 48 seconds ago.
Posted on Saturday, April 17, 2004 at 05:50 (GMT -5)

All the speed talents are just excellent. So that - Long Stride, Quick, Very Quick, Greased Lightning is my usual choice for warriors and the like. Dwarves go for the Mithril Skin and Immune To Pain (I'm already there anyway, so why not take it?). And for spellcasters I agree with Klavert and Warlord, a few extra castings are often worth it. Even Clvl 35 casters can find themselves with 25 castings remaining in Acid Ball, which's really frustrating... I also take Charged usually for them.

Greater Segmentation Vault (emperor memory leak surronded by memory leak kings and master memory leaks)
Portrait
DaN
Registered user
Cursed and Doomed

Last page view:

7000 days, 6 hours, 6 minutes and 20 seconds ago.
Posted on Saturday, April 17, 2004 at 12:33 (GMT -5)

the last few characters i've played i've tried to go for treasure hunter, i pick alertness, miser but can't get treasure hunter. are there other prerequisits i'm forgetting?

i like long stride just to give you that edge when running away ;)
the carrying talents are nice too but i tend to go for the DV talents and the nice spellcaster/offensive talents (depending on character)

[Edited 1 time, last edit on 4/17/2004 at 12:47 (GMT -5) by DaN]
Portrait
KoRn DogG
Registered user
I wanna kill Andy sooo bad...

Last page view:

6398 days, 21 hours, 53 minutes and 25 seconds ago.
Posted on Saturday, April 17, 2004 at 15:19 (GMT -5)

I usually play a dark elven ranger or a dwarven ranger depending on if i want to play a lawful or chaotic. So if I play the dwarven Rander I get:
Boon to the family, Heir, Affinity with axes, Ambedextrious, and the rest after that are what I think will help me best in the current situation I am in. I get boon to the family so I can get heir, which gives rangers a masterwork mithrel battle axe. Then I get affinity with axes so I can hit more with it, then ambedextrious so I can hit with 2 weapons easier.

If I play the dark elf, I get Affinity with swords, and abmbedestrious and then I choose the ones that I think will help my current situation.

"I concur that we are both atheists. I just believe in one less god than you do. When you come to realize why you dismiss all the other possible gods out there, you will know why I dismiss yours.
Ry
Registered user
The Eternal Newbie

Last page view:

7138 days, 20 hours, 27 minutes and 48 seconds ago.
Posted on Saturday, April 17, 2004 at 16:17 (GMT -5)

Masterwork mithril battle axe? Is it worth it? You can usually expect to find some (foo) of slaughtering, mayhem or, if you're lucky, of devastation in the first few levels, imho... Orcish spear of mayhem! woohoo! And a nice DV bonus on top of it! That axe is not indestructible, anyway...

Greater Segmentation Vault (emperor memory leak surronded by memory leak kings and master memory leaks)
Portrait
KoRn DogG
Registered user
I wanna kill Andy sooo bad...

Last page view:

6398 days, 21 hours, 53 minutes and 25 seconds ago.
Posted on Saturday, April 17, 2004 at 17:28 (GMT -5)

I know, but it is nice to start with. I usually have that axe untill I am level 15 or higher, then I usually find a better one. I just take it because it makes starting that much easier.

"I concur that we are both atheists. I just believe in one less god than you do. When you come to realize why you dismiss all the other possible gods out there, you will know why I dismiss yours.
Some guy
Unregistered user
Posted on Saturday, April 17, 2004 at 18:52 (GMT -5)

And other talents make finishing easier. I never get heir.

I always get treasure hunter, then the carrying talents no matter what I'm playing, then healthy and long stride and sixth sense if I have enough perception, and then I start doing magic talents with spellcasters and pv talents with fighters.
Maastonakki
Registered user
A cute puppy

Last page view:

5832 days, 17 hours, 38 minutes and 53 seconds ago.
Posted on Saturday, April 17, 2004 at 19:01 (GMT -5)

first alert, ofcourse... If I have multiple talents in beginning I won't take miser and so on... I usually take tough or strong... anyway, when the game 'starts' I'll go for miser -> thunter, then healthy

Then dependeing on class I'll go for hardy or potent aura and then good learner etc... hard to tell, sometimes I take the talents kind of random... the talent's aren't that big boost to your character anyway.. except for Thunter and healthy..

TheTimpen
Registered user

Last page view:

6858 days, 10 hours, 33 minutes and 53 seconds ago.
Posted on Sunday, April 18, 2004 at 09:19 (GMT -5)

I do almost the same, I take alert, then learned (that bump to 15/20 learning is worth it), then tough, then strong if i have the talents.
When i level i go for treasure hunter then healthy then i usually take the dv/pv bonus talents.
J.
Registered user
You'll never get rid of me

Last page view:

5673 days, 8 hours, 30 minutes and 45 seconds ago.
Posted on Sunday, April 18, 2004 at 13:36 (GMT -5)

Alert, miser, treasure hunter. Healthy if I'm playing with some weakling. Speed talents pretty much always. Carrying bonuses if I don't have anything else to pick, I'm a bit of a packrat.

With gnomish bards I like to take charming, boon to the family, heir, alert, miser and treasure hunter all at lvl 1 ;)

If you're feeling happy, don't worry, it'll go away.

Originally posted by noob: "I'm everytime amazed how you people know to exploit every single little bug (or not-bug) for elaborated scumming tatics even if the feature seems completely useless or bad."
Draco
Unregistered user
Posted on Sunday, April 18, 2004 at 14:47 (GMT -5)

Longstride is a must. After that I usually take those PV/health talents or quick, goodshot and keenshot, so that I get quickshot. And after that, carrying bonuses.

Color mixer:
Red: Green: Blue: HTML color code: result:      
Your Name: Check to login:

Your Message:

Read the
formating help
Are you a spambot? Yes No Maybe Huh?
Create poll? Yes No   What is this?
Poll question: