Register new account
Edit account
Search

Ancient Domains Of Mystery, forum overview / ADOM / ARGH! My elementalist....

Online users ( Unknown)
Application object not working properly at the moment, no clue who is online...

* Numbers in parentheses are the number of minutes since the user last loaded a page. Logged-in users time out after 40 minutes (unless they manually log out), lurkers and anonymous posters after 20.

Confused
Unregistered user
Posted on Monday, April 19, 2004 at 23:38 (GMT -5)

I have the best of luck, and the worst of luck. I've started to get back in adom and play my fav char, an elementalist. Each time I start a new one, they seem better than before yet I keep dying at stupid times. Traps, ogre magus, ants and even yrrgs the mad carpenter one time. Can anyone give me some advice? I'm usually lvl 12-15 when im done the puppy,carpenter,raider,crimelord quest yet I die from time to time...
Some guy
Unregistered user
Posted on Friday, April 23, 2004 at 20:30 (GMT -5)

I can think of way more rediculous ways to die. Have you ever found a long sword of devastation in the first dungeon you entered, and then been killed by a WMoPC(!!) mere moments later?

Oh advice... well, just keep trying. And it couldn't hurt to read the guidebook at www.andywlms.com/adom. It really helps to know what you're doing.
Portrait
DaN
Registered user
Cursed and Doomed

Last page view:

7000 days, 5 hours, 56 minutes and 9 seconds ago.
Posted on Thursday, April 29, 2004 at 16:18 (GMT -5)

d'aagghh i keep having the same problems and it's always the same reason - lack of concentration (no, not the skill :P). i never realise how low my health is or mistake a strong monster for another. i just gotta remember to read all the damn messages at the top of the screen
Portrait
Armada
Registered user

Last page view:

1235 days, 1 hour, 33 minutes and 22 seconds ago.
Posted on Thursday, April 29, 2004 at 17:02 (GMT -5)

Its a Turn-based game. Just take your time :P

Portrait
DaN
Registered user
Cursed and Doomed

Last page view:

7000 days, 5 hours, 56 minutes and 9 seconds ago.
Posted on Friday, April 30, 2004 at 20:27 (GMT -5)

ugh, and don't play drunk or in any sort of intoxication. really, there aere many oter games to play while boozed up, ADOM ain't one of 'em. try GTA instaead ;)
Portrait
Alex
Registered user
Master Necromancer

Last page view:

6517 days, 8 hours, 5 minutes and 43 seconds ago.
Posted on Saturday, May 01, 2004 at 09:33 (GMT -5)

Heh, I know what you mean DaN. I was playing a beastfighter once while slightly drunk and saw a brown @ in the DH, thought it was a caveman and started pumelling, then suddenly saw the words 'doppelganger king' at the top of the screen. sobered me up hella quick :)

What do you wish for? wands of cat repellent_
Portrait
Taz
Registered user

Last page view:

5034 days, 16 hours, 23 minutes and 7 seconds ago.
Posted on Sunday, May 02, 2004 at 08:39 (GMT -5)

lol, i should try taht sometime :P
the other bad thing aobut playing drunk is that my typing skills quickly deteriorate. so instead of going 'Z', 'f', '4' to cast magic missile to the left, i might go 'a', 'f', '4' to pickpocket some great big monster next to me...

Taz: A potion of gain attributes (4s) is lying here. Suddenly a stone block hits your head! Something on the ground is smashed to pieces!
PeanutGod: Awwww no! How harsh is that! This is where you need the artefact 'mop and bucket'.
Some guy
Unregistered user
Posted on Monday, May 03, 2004 at 18:08 (GMT -5)

"The greater moloch notices your attempt and gets angry!"

Man, that would be funny to watch.

Color mixer:
Red: Green: Blue: HTML color code: result:      
Your Name: Check to login:

Your Message:

Read the
formating help
Are you a spambot? Yes No Maybe Huh?
Create poll? Yes No   What is this?
Poll question: