Register new account
Edit account
Search

Ancient Domains Of Mystery, forum overview / Spoilers / second precrowning

Online users ( Unknown)
Application object not working properly at the moment, no clue who is online...

* Numbers in parentheses are the number of minutes since the user last loaded a page. Logged-in users time out after 40 minutes (unless they manually log out), lurkers and anonymous posters after 20.

Maastonakki
Registered user
A cute puppy

Last page view:

5824 days, 9 hours, 2 minutes and 38 seconds ago.
Posted on Thursday, April 22, 2004 at 01:00 (GMT -5)

What are you guesses? how many living sacs does it take? I usually get it after 100-150 living sacrificies, but my gnomish wizard didn't get it after more than 200 living sacs... and he after that stepped on the altar with a harpy in the line of sight.
ahh the insanity

TheTimpen
Registered user

Last page view:

6850 days, 1 hour, 57 minutes and 38 seconds ago.
Posted on Thursday, April 22, 2004 at 05:13 (GMT -5)

I've done it once, it took maybe ~20 rl minutes with an altar just below smc.
The third one I gave up on though :P

Unregistered user
Posted on Thursday, April 22, 2004 at 05:29 (GMT -5)

Yeah.. it usually is like that, but this char had a very hard time trying to get second precrowning... I sacced 50 creatures, prayed, unheard... did it again... again... again... then stepped on that altar accidentally. Oh well, he was just a normal wizard with his hatchet of slaughtering and far slayer... nothing too serious, I guess.. :e

This reminds me from getting a mithril longsword of penetrating with another wizard, and he also stepped on altar by accident... Playing chaotic is risky! :DEAD
Ry
Registered user
The Eternal Newbie

Last page view:

7130 days, 11 hours, 51 minutes and 33 seconds ago.
Posted on Thursday, April 22, 2004 at 05:54 (GMT -5)

Sure, second one is costly, but generally worth it. But third one is a waste of your time. Of course, sometimes it just doesn't pay off... my current char, dwarven mindcrafter, received staff of the archmagi and whirlwind as his precrowning gifts... well, at least ToEF is not going to be a problem...

Greater Segmentation Vault (emperor memory leak surronded by memory leak kings and master memory leaks)
Some guy
Unregistered user
Posted on Friday, April 23, 2004 at 21:50 (GMT -5)

My last guy had a chaotic altar generated next to the stairs in the caves of chaos, and I accidentally stepped on it every time I was going up... lol. Fortunately nothing bad came of it.
Dalrok
Unregistered user
Posted on Saturday, April 24, 2004 at 06:10 (GMT -5)

My lawful elementalist has an altar in PC5. I got first precrowning in about 5 minutes, but have been saccing for ages and still very close only. Must've sacced over 500 monsters.
Ry
Registered user
The Eternal Newbie

Last page view:

7130 days, 11 hours, 51 minutes and 33 seconds ago.
Posted on Saturday, April 24, 2004 at 06:58 (GMT -5)

You should've tried praying. Getting "extremely close" for a second time IS possible, but it's quite hard and not actually necessary for a precrowning.

Greater Segmentation Vault (emperor memory leak surronded by memory leak kings and master memory leaks)

Color mixer:
Red: Green: Blue: HTML color code: result:      
Your Name: Check to login:

Your Message:

Read the
formating help
Are you a spambot? Yes No Maybe Huh?
Create poll? Yes No   What is this?
Poll question: