Register new account
Edit account
Search

Ancient Domains Of Mystery, forum overview / ADOM / Is it worth continuing?

Online users ( Unknown)
Application object not working properly at the moment, no clue who is online...

* Numbers in parentheses are the number of minutes since the user last loaded a page. Logged-in users time out after 40 minutes (unless they manually log out), lurkers and anonymous posters after 20.

Portrait
Danielle
Registered user
Queen of Teryino

Last page view:

7153 days, 13 hours, 24 minutes and 36 seconds ago.
Posted on Thursday, April 22, 2004 at 19:36 (GMT -5)

ok.. First off I kicked the altar in dwarf town wondering what would happen and it smashed, the god said somethign about a punishment? any idea? curse or doom maybe? Also.. I know everyone says go scum ID for spell books but ALL i ever find are things liek light and darkness books.. maybea knock..

one mroe question.. how do you get a trollish healer through the first 15 levels or so? i always run out of food and can never find enough, im not to CoC yet so usually no access to Stomifillia herbs and i dont have enough money or carrying capacity to buy a ton of heavy rations from teryino
Portrait
Jan Erik
Administrator

Last page view:

19 hours, 12 minutes and 6 seconds ago.
Posted on Thursday, April 22, 2004 at 22:03 (GMT -5)

Well gods can do a number of things if you tick them off, chances are if you didn't notice anyting right away he simply cursed all your items this time (meaning you got of relatively easy, though avoid herbs, potions and scrolls untill you can get it unforced cause they tend to have bad effects when cursed).

You could try going a bit deeper into the dungeon. The more dangerous an area is the better stuff is generated (wich include books).

As for trollish healers I would recomend running straight for the CoC ASAP (drop by town to get quests first though, maybe even do SMC). Once there find the arena. Fight a couple of matches to get money, then buy all the cooked lizards and fried bats can you can get hold off (as a troll you can eat all the other stuff too, but it's barely worth the efford as it's not very nutricious food, but it's not heavy either so feel free)... Hang around long enough for at least one re-stock. That should give you enough food to last you for quite a while, even with a trollish healer.

Jan Erik Mydland
HoF admin
Portrait
Danielle
Registered user
Queen of Teryino

Last page view:

Posted on Thursday, April 22, 2004 at 22:32 (GMT -5)

well problem with the lizard food,the first time i made it to the arena i was able to buy 150 total i think the first restock, ever since theyve never sold more then 1 per restock
Portrait
Ekaterin
Moderator on this forum

Last page view:

5774 days, 20 hours, 48 minutes and 34 seconds ago.
Posted on Friday, April 23, 2004 at 04:17 (GMT -5)

Eat corpses, and train your Food Preservation skill by carrying around corpses you can't eat (such as kobolds). Food Preservation increases the chance that monsters will leave corpses.

Once you're Hungry! (with the exclamation mark) pray and your god will feed you, but don't do this too much or he'll get annoyed.

If you do the SMC, go down to the UD - you might find some herbs there.

If those tips don't help with your food problem, stop playing trolls, as they eat twice as much as everyone else.
Portrait
Mewto
Registered user

Last page view:

3608 days, 17 hours, 35 minutes and 41 seconds ago.
Posted on Friday, April 23, 2004 at 04:22 (GMT -5)

I think there is one female and male ratling trader so you could buy at least 200 lizards.
For the Horde!
Portrait
Danielle
Registered user
Queen of Teryino

Last page view:

Posted on Friday, April 23, 2004 at 09:26 (GMT -5)

I figured it out this morning, im just ditzy, when i went to talk to the traders it says somethign liek How many would you like tou pruchase then = 1 or somethign.. i thought that meant one, so i said 100 this mornign just to check and I got 72, the full stock, so yea, im stupid ^.^

ok and another question, if im nuetral in the dwarftown, could I sac everyone in there for piety? I mean, there all lawful according to the GB.. and eventually I would need to tele or fight the elder.. elsewise, all saccable?

(spelling edit)

[Edited 1 time, last edit on 4/23/2004 at 09:27 (GMT -5) by Danielle]
maastonakki^^nonreg
Unregistered user
Posted on Friday, April 23, 2004 at 14:20 (GMT -5)

fight the elder? you don't have to fight him.
Portrait
Alex
Registered user
Master Necromancer

Last page view:

6517 days, 9 hours, 52 minutes and 43 seconds ago.
Posted on Sunday, April 25, 2004 at 05:18 (GMT -5)

Killing all those nice dwarves would make you chaotic anyhow.

What do you wish for? wands of cat repellent_
Quo Vadimus
Unregistered user
Posted on Monday, April 26, 2004 at 03:18 (GMT -5)

Saccing non-hostile dwarven npcs in a non-hostile dwarven town sounds like an awfully wastful way to quit your game to me...
Portrait
Armada
Registered user

Last page view:

1235 days, 3 hours, 20 minutes and 22 seconds ago.
Posted on Monday, April 26, 2004 at 09:38 (GMT -5)

You cant sac the Elder, that much i know for sure. And he is very hard to kill for such a low level, i wouldnt try

J.
Registered user
You'll never get rid of me

Last page view:

5673 days, 10 hours, 7 minutes and 34 seconds ago.
Posted on Monday, April 26, 2004 at 12:40 (GMT -5)

Yeah, he's got a PV of one hundred or something.

If you're feeling happy, don't worry, it'll go away.

Originally posted by noob: "I'm everytime amazed how you people know to exploit every single little bug (or not-bug) for elaborated scumming tatics even if the feature seems completely useless or bad."
Portrait
Armada
Registered user

Last page view:

1235 days, 3 hours, 20 minutes and 22 seconds ago.
Posted on Monday, April 26, 2004 at 13:31 (GMT -5)

Yea, i tested with a stethoscope on one of my recent characters, he had a PV of 100, but health wasnt too high. If you have a cache of wands you could kill him, but then the muscular dwarves would probably get ya

Color mixer:
Red: Green: Blue: HTML color code: result:      
Your Name: Check to login:

Your Message:

Read the
formating help
Are you a spambot? Yes No Maybe Huh?
Create poll? Yes No   What is this?
Poll question: