Register new account
Edit account
Search

Ancient Domains Of Mystery, forum overview / ADOM / Help?

Online users ( Unknown)
Application object not working properly at the moment, no clue who is online...

* Numbers in parentheses are the number of minutes since the user last loaded a page. Logged-in users time out after 40 minutes (unless they manually log out), lurkers and anonymous posters after 20.

This thread is 2 pages long.
Go to page 1 2
Jordan
Unregistered user
Posted on Thursday, May 06, 2004 at 17:00 (GMT -5)

Okay, I am probably going to sound like a total n00b but. I start out in this place surrounded by mountains. My character is a Grey Elf Ranger, who is good at bows. Where should I go, and where can I find a bow? Any help whatsoever would be appriciated. :D
Portrait
Jonesy
Registered user
Liberate Te Ex Inferis

Last page view:

6517 days, 6 hours, 46 minutes and 42 seconds ago.
Posted on Thursday, May 06, 2004 at 17:25 (GMT -5)

You should come with one, IIRC. If not, walk around in the wilderness till you get a barbarian/the raider group encounter, and kill some for a bow. I believe both generate Short Bows only, which generally are 2,0.

"If God did not exist, it would be necessary to invent him."- Voltaire
"Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven."- John Milton, Paradise Lost
"Yesterday we obeyed kings and bent our necks before emperors. But today we kneel only to truth, follow only beauty, and obey only love."- Kahlil Gibran
"I may disagree with what you have to say, but I shall defend, to the death, your right to say it."- Voltaire.
"What is freedom of expression? Without the freedom to offend, it ceases to exist."-Salman Rushdie
Portrait
Alex
Registered user
Master Necromancer

Last page view:

6519 days, 12 hours, 43 minutes and 17 seconds ago.
Posted on Thursday, May 06, 2004 at 17:28 (GMT -5)

You pray upon the ADOM elders for guidance. A bright light shines around you!
Suddenly a URL is lying at your feet:

http://www.andywlms.com/adom

What do you wish for? wands of cat repellent_
Jordan
Unregistered user
Posted on Thursday, May 06, 2004 at 17:33 (GMT -5)

Thanks, I noticed that I started with one. My, I keep getting killed by a swamp hydra. Arrgh!!!

Unregistered user
Posted on Thursday, May 06, 2004 at 22:11 (GMT -5)

Don't go into the swamps untill you're at a good level. Stay at the dungeon systems, wander the plains, but be careful.
Jordan
Unregistered user
Posted on Thursday, May 06, 2004 at 23:33 (GMT -5)

Yeah, I didn't know how to go into a town or dungeon. Now I am in a dungeon looking for a "mad" carpenter. Level 3, I need to decide on a skill. Hmm...
Klavert
Registered user
The Hurthling

Last page view:

6530 days, 14 hours, 11 minutes and 45 seconds ago.
Posted on Friday, May 07, 2004 at 04:25 (GMT -5)

Just keep trying. Don't resort to the guidebook or help from others too soon. Of course, millions of your characters will die, but that's just part of the fun :D

Klavert
-I want ye to slay a rat to prove your valor- Thrundarr
That really happened to me :D
Warlord*
Unregistered user
Posted on Friday, May 07, 2004 at 09:34 (GMT -5)

Except if you think from the characters' POV...

but true, do not use the GB or forums first, it ruins the fun of finding things for yourself.
Jordan
Unregistered user
Posted on Friday, May 07, 2004 at 09:53 (GMT -5)

Oh, okay. I won't.
J.
Registered user
You'll never get rid of me

Last page view:

5675 days, 12 hours, 58 minutes and 8 seconds ago.
Posted on Friday, May 07, 2004 at 10:04 (GMT -5)

Read the manual, though.

If you're feeling happy, don't worry, it'll go away.

Originally posted by noob: "I'm everytime amazed how you people know to exploit every single little bug (or not-bug) for elaborated scumming tatics even if the feature seems completely useless or bad."
Jordan
Unregistered user
Posted on Friday, May 07, 2004 at 10:41 (GMT -5)

Umm... One more question, after completing the first dungeon quest (with the carpenter), the leader asks Munxip to lower prices. Why is it that large rations cost about 1/3 as much as the regular ones? And even then, the row of rations on the bottom is even cheaper. Does this have something to do with cursed, uncursed, and blessed?
Portrait
Maelstrom
Registered user
The Knight of the Black Rose

Last page view:

3128 days, 13 hours and 33 minutes ago.
Posted on Friday, May 07, 2004 at 10:55 (GMT -5)

Large rations give as much food points as iron rations, but iron rations weight half as much as the large ones - that's why they cost less.
About the cost - buy one of each, eat them and read the message. The cheapest are spoiled (half the food the normal ones are) and the expensive ones taste good (25% more food points then the regular ones).

A pessimist sees a dark tunnel.
An optimist sees a light at the end of that tunnel.
A realist sees a train.
And the train driver sees three idiots on the tracks.

[Edited 1 time, last edit on 5/7/2004 at 16:55 (GMT -5) by Maelstrom]
Revelation
Registered user
I'll think up a title later...

Last page view:

5798 days, 7 hours, 43 minutes and 58 seconds ago.
Posted on Friday, May 07, 2004 at 11:44 (GMT -5)

Have you done the puppy quest yet, Jordan?
Thomas Biskup, the Creator, casts Final Code. You become doomed. Your equipment turns to dust! You feel corrupted. You are stunned! You feel like you haven't eaten in days. You are starving!. Your Willpower drops to 0. You PP becomes 0. You die.
Would you like to see the last message before your death? (y/N)

Jordan
Unregistered user
Posted on Friday, May 07, 2004 at 12:05 (GMT -5)

No, I thought that that quest was kind of hard. I was going to search a bit in the wilderness to get my level up. Or am I mistaken. Are there any special items that will be of use?
Portrait
@
Registered user
Q('_'Q)(>'_')>

Last page view:

6681 days, 13 hours, 31 minutes and 41 seconds ago.
Posted on Friday, May 07, 2004 at 20:19 (GMT -5)

Heh, i remember when i didint know how to enter towns and leaved the game for few days :DD

<xxxxo~~~~oxxxx> SWORDCHUK

Portrait
Morio
Registered user
Holy Champion of ADoM

Last page view:

3909 days, 16 hours, 19 minutes and 48 seconds ago.
Posted on Saturday, May 08, 2004 at 05:45 (GMT -5)

Jordan, I suggest that you don't try the puppy quest until you gain some levels if you are a new player, since it's quite hard even for experienced players.

"I don't know what World War 3 will be fought with, but I know World War 4 with be fought with sticks and stones." - Albert Einstein
Jordan
Unregistered user
Posted on Saturday, May 08, 2004 at 11:24 (GMT -5)

Yeah, but don't you have to get there before the 4th game day? Or else it will be dead?
J.
Registered user

Last page view:

Posted on Saturday, May 08, 2004 at 11:50 (GMT -5)

It'll be dead, but you should still visit the cave for stuff and experience. You'll even receive a small lawful bonus for bringing back the corpse of the dog.

Originally posted by noob: "I'm everytime amazed how you people know to exploit every single little bug (or not-bug) for elaborated scumming tatics even if the feature seems completely useless or bad."
Portrait
Alex
Registered user
Master Necromancer

Last page view:

6519 days, 12 hours, 43 minutes and 17 seconds ago.
Posted on Saturday, May 08, 2004 at 11:52 (GMT -5)

Yes, the puppy dies after four days. The quest isn't at all necessary though, and there's still some benefit to be gained from delivering the corpse much later. You can still explore the dungeon for exp and stuff, just wait a bit as it's harder than the carpenter/druid dungeon.

What do you wish for? wands of cat repellent_
Some guy
Unregistered user
Posted on Saturday, May 08, 2004 at 23:57 (GMT -5)

You have to be very lucky to get the dog out of that dungeon alive. Even when I actually manage to get to PC:6 before 4 days have passed, it gets killed by a cat of some kind on PC:5 half the time. I've think that's happened to me 3 times, and I've saved the dog about 3 times.
J.
Registered user

Last page view:

Posted on Sunday, May 09, 2004 at 05:51 (GMT -5)

What I do is I dive down to the last level as fast as I can, but I don't do anything there, just generate the level before day 4 so the dog is alive. Then I come back up, go about my businesses, do the carpenter quest, and when I'm ready I go back for the dog. Time doesn't pass when you're not on the level so the dog stays alive if you manage to get to PC:6 before day 4.

Or, if I'm playing a bard, I go to the ID, hang around, search for stuff, level up til about level 6 or 7, then go do the carpenter quest. After that it's about day 3 and I go save the dog. Gotta love those 7 league boots as an heir reward.

Portrait
Mewto
Registered user

Last page view:

3610 days, 20 hours, 26 minutes and 15 seconds ago.
Posted on Sunday, May 09, 2004 at 13:16 (GMT -5)

Best heir gift in my opinion
For the Horde!
Adom Maniac
Unregistered user
Posted on Tuesday, May 18, 2004 at 14:27 (GMT -5)

Hi everybody! I'm new here... I've got a necromancer on level 9 and i killed Tywat Parre :). A tak poza tym to s¹ tu jacyœ polacy??????
Jordan
Unregistered user
Posted on Tuesday, May 18, 2004 at 16:37 (GMT -5)

What was that last part? Sorry, I can't help as I haven't gotten there before. I'm a n00b, sad but true. ;-)
Portrait
@
Registered user
Q('_'Q)(>'_')>

Last page view:

Posted on Tuesday, May 18, 2004 at 17:45 (GMT -5)

Ai mitä sä tol lopul tarkotat?

Portrait
@
Registered user
Q('_'Q)(>'_')>

Last page view:

Posted on Tuesday, May 18, 2004 at 17:45 (GMT -5)

=P

Portrait
@
Registered user
Q('_'Q)(>'_')>

Last page view:

Posted on Tuesday, May 18, 2004 at 17:47 (GMT -5)

MY GREAT ADVICES:First, buy food, then go to the ID, level up there to somthing like 6-9 then do carpenter quesif u dont have healing skill, best race/class compinations are:Gnomish Barbarian, High Elf Beastfighter, Drakeling Bard and Troll Healer^^

Portrait
Mewto
Registered user

Last page view:

3610 days, 20 hours, 26 minutes and 15 seconds ago.
Posted on Wednesday, May 19, 2004 at 02:12 (GMT -5)

I usually do carpenter quest before anything in the game if I don't have healing. Healing is more important than leveling up
For the Horde!
Maastonakki
Registered user
A cute puppy

Last page view:

5834 days, 22 hours, 6 minutes and 16 seconds ago.
Posted on Wednesday, May 19, 2004 at 07:07 (GMT -5)

no it's not if you happen to have candle... with candle one might even complete the game even healing.

Warlord*
Unregistered user
Posted on Wednesday, May 19, 2004 at 08:45 (GMT -5)

Completely possible, the healing power of Candle is really dramatic.
Go to page 1 2

Color mixer:
Red: Green: Blue: HTML color code: result:      
Your Name: Check to login:

Your Message:

Read the
formating help
Are you a spambot? Yes No Maybe Huh?
Create poll? Yes No   What is this?
Poll question: