Register new account
Edit account
Search

Ancient Domains Of Mystery, forum overview / ADOM / stuck

Online users ( Unknown)
Application object not working properly at the moment, no clue who is online...

* Numbers in parentheses are the number of minutes since the user last loaded a page. Logged-in users time out after 40 minutes (unless they manually log out), lurkers and anonymous posters after 20.

Portrait
Danielle
Registered user
Queen of Teryino

Last page view:

7155 days, 20 hours, 7 minutes and 53 seconds ago.
Posted on Thursday, May 06, 2004 at 17:00 (GMT -5)

ok, i did somethign stupid, i used a scroll of teleportation, thinking i would teleport the dwarf elder away and found it was cursed, it warped me, luckily i have teleport control frm a blink dog, now the stupid thing, i decided why nto get rolfs axe, so im now in the little room.. no way to telport out.. I used 2 charges of a blessed digging wand and it did nothing.. i read a spellbook with low lit and it did nothing but burst into flames (firebolt, no biggie) .. no wands of teleportation.. what do i do? I have the wand of digging still, maybe i can wrench one more use but will it work?
Portrait
Jonesy
Registered user
Liberate Te Ex Inferis

Last page view:

6517 days, 10 hours, 39 minutes and 25 seconds ago.
Posted on Thursday, May 06, 2004 at 17:22 (GMT -5)

Nope. Those walls are undiggable.

If you know/have a create monster wand/spell, perhaps you will get a teleporting monster when you use it. Only way I think you can get out.

You could, possibly, curse your SoCR/PoCC if you have them, and hope that the corruption will be the teleporting one.

"If God did not exist, it would be necessary to invent him."- Voltaire
"Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven."- John Milton, Paradise Lost
"Yesterday we obeyed kings and bent our necks before emperors. But today we kneel only to truth, follow only beauty, and obey only love."- Kahlil Gibran
"I may disagree with what you have to say, but I shall defend, to the death, your right to say it."- Voltaire.
"What is freedom of expression? Without the freedom to offend, it ceases to exist."-Salman Rushdie
Some guy
Unregistered user
Posted on Thursday, May 06, 2004 at 17:27 (GMT -5)

I don't think you can ever teleport other people with scrolls, though I'm not sure. And the dwarven elder is teleport resistant anyway.

I would give up in your current situation, but if you really want to keep using this guy, wands of monster creation might make a pixie, and give you a pixie corpse, or you might be able to pickpocket a useful wand or scroll from monsters you create, if dwarftown is on D:10 or D:11 you can wait for the teleportisis corruption, though you probably won't have enough food for that.

Here's my best advice: be more careful with future characters, this one is probably screwed.
Portrait
Alex
Registered user
Master Necromancer

Last page view:

6519 days, 16 hours and 36 minutes ago.
Posted on Thursday, May 06, 2004 at 17:29 (GMT -5)

the dwarven mystic prison claims another soul . . .

What do you wish for? wands of cat repellent_
Portrait
Danielle
Registered user
Queen of Teryino

Last page view:

7155 days, 20 hours, 7 minutes and 53 seconds ago.
Posted on Friday, May 07, 2004 at 03:07 (GMT -5)

I tried a wand of wonder, recharged 3 times with booze hehe.. light and stregth of atlantis, wee.

in a last ditch effort, ibless and drink a potion of wonder.

"You suddenly know how to cast the 'Teleportation' spell."

all i can say is, omfg ROFL
Klavert
Registered user
The Hurthling

Last page view:

6530 days, 18 hours, 4 minutes and 28 seconds ago.
Posted on Friday, May 07, 2004 at 04:28 (GMT -5)

cooool!!!!
Now, prepare for some really tough luck, because ADOM's got it's own kind of humor.

Klavert
-I want ye to slay a rat to prove your valor- Thrundarr
That really happened to me :D
Portrait
Morio
Registered user
Holy Champion of ADoM

Last page view:

3909 days, 20 hours, 12 minutes and 31 seconds ago.
Posted on Friday, May 07, 2004 at 07:03 (GMT -5)

Spoiler
BTW I think the walls of that room are destroyable with a WoD

"I don't know what World War 3 will be fought with, but I know World War 4 with be fought with sticks and stones." - Albert Einstein
J.
Registered user
You'll never get rid of me

Last page view:

5675 days, 16 hours, 50 minutes and 51 seconds ago.
Posted on Friday, May 07, 2004 at 10:02 (GMT -5)

True, but at that point of the game you probably won't have one yet. It would make the town hostile as well.

If you're feeling happy, don't worry, it'll go away.

Originally posted by noob: "I'm everytime amazed how you people know to exploit every single little bug (or not-bug) for elaborated scumming tatics even if the feature seems completely useless or bad."
Portrait
Morio
Registered user
Holy Champion of ADoM

Last page view:

3909 days, 20 hours, 12 minutes and 31 seconds ago.
Posted on Friday, May 07, 2004 at 10:28 (GMT -5)

I didn't know that.

"I don't know what World War 3 will be fought with, but I know World War 4 with be fought with sticks and stones." - Albert Einstein

Color mixer:
Red: Green: Blue: HTML color code: result:      
Your Name: Check to login:

Your Message:

Read the
formating help
Are you a spambot? Yes No Maybe Huh?
Create poll? Yes No   What is this?
Poll question: