Register new account
Edit account
Search

Ancient Domains Of Mystery, forum overview / ADOM / pondering.

Online users ( Unknown)
Application object not working properly at the moment, no clue who is online...

* Numbers in parentheses are the number of minutes since the user last loaded a page. Logged-in users time out after 40 minutes (unless they manually log out), lurkers and anonymous posters after 20.

the mightyNHGH
Unregistered user
Posted on Tuesday, May 11, 2004 at 07:29 (GMT -5)

lvl 16 high elf. i did the pyramid. the arena. ran around in the gremlin a bit. im not sure what i should do next. i think maybe the animated forest but im afraid to die there. thats about as far as ive ever gotten. its that or the assassins guild, maybe i should try and get crowned somemore? input?
illumi
Unregistered user
Posted on Tuesday, May 11, 2004 at 08:12 (GMT -5)

ID, look for spellbooks, prepare for TOEF
Portrait
Morio
Registered user
Holy Champion of ADoM

Last page view:

3909 days, 17 hours, 21 minutes and 35 seconds ago.
Posted on Tuesday, May 11, 2004 at 11:22 (GMT -5)

Go to the ID to train your PC.

BTW what is your PV/DV on Coward

"I don't know what World War 3 will be fought with, but I know World War 4 with be fought with sticks and stones." - Albert Einstein
the mightyNHGH
Unregistered user
Posted on Tuesday, May 11, 2004 at 19:46 (GMT -5)

i died today.
the mightyNHGH
Unregistered user
Posted on Tuesday, May 11, 2004 at 19:47 (GMT -5)

stone golem, CoC, i was being careless.
Portrait
Jonesy
Registered user
Liberate Te Ex Inferis

Last page view:

6517 days, 7 hours, 48 minutes and 29 seconds ago.
Posted on Tuesday, May 11, 2004 at 20:10 (GMT -5)

Probably the Moon Sickle guardian, IIRC.

"If God did not exist, it would be necessary to invent him."- Voltaire
"Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven."- John Milton, Paradise Lost
"Yesterday we obeyed kings and bent our necks before emperors. But today we kneel only to truth, follow only beauty, and obey only love."- Kahlil Gibran
"I may disagree with what you have to say, but I shall defend, to the death, your right to say it."- Voltaire.
"What is freedom of expression? Without the freedom to offend, it ceases to exist."-Salman Rushdie
the mightyNHGH
Unregistered user
Posted on Tuesday, May 11, 2004 at 20:21 (GMT -5)

damn. im starting another. grey elf archer. any starting tips? i just did the healing quest. im gonna head to the HMV right now.

[Edited 1 time, last edit on 5/11/2004 at 20:22 (GMT -5) by its author]
J.
Registered user
You'll never get rid of me

Last page view:

5675 days, 13 hours, 59 minutes and 55 seconds ago.
Posted on Thursday, May 13, 2004 at 12:37 (GMT -5)

Tips? Definately USE other weapons than just the bow. You can kill pretty much everything you come across with a bow, but you'll get in trouble if you run out of arrows (could happen) or bump into some dopplegangers.

With an elf you might want to try learning a couple of spells.

If you're feeling happy, don't worry, it'll go away.

Originally posted by noob: "I'm everytime amazed how you people know to exploit every single little bug (or not-bug) for elaborated scumming tatics even if the feature seems completely useless or bad."
Portrait
KoRn DogG
Registered user
I wanna kill Andy sooo bad...

Last page view:

6401 days, 3 hours, 22 minutes and 35 seconds ago.
Posted on Thursday, May 13, 2004 at 17:52 (GMT -5)

ALWAYS get the blanket from the small cave, and kill everyhting you meet. if you can't get the blanket while killing everything you meet the character probably isn't worth it, and you should start a new one. I always do that, to prove if my character is really worth continuing or not. Also, they get Healing to start with don't they? If so, definitly do Guth'Alacks quest, you get an artifact out of it, and I think if you give him chaos creature corpses he will give you a free potion of cure corruption as well. Oh, and go a few levels into the ID after all this and get some loot, you will definitly need it.

"I concur that we are both atheists. I just believe in one less god than you do. When you come to realize why you dismiss all the other possible gods out there, you will know why I dismiss yours.
the mightyNHGH
Unregistered user
Posted on Thursday, May 13, 2004 at 19:43 (GMT -5)

they dont start with healing
Danielle Unlogged
Unregistered user
Posted on Thursday, May 13, 2004 at 22:33 (GMT -5)

Artifacts arent neccesarily great low levels, alot of artifacts makes it harder for pre/post cornwining, requiring higher levels.. the food level when your still doing teryino quests can be bad.. until you hit the arena food can be tight for many besides beastfighters and monks IMO.. meh.
Maastonakki
Registered user
A cute puppy

Last page view:

5834 days, 23 hours, 8 minutes and 3 seconds ago.
Posted on Friday, May 14, 2004 at 01:47 (GMT -5)

yeah... i don't know why but usually when I meet a chaotic or lawful altar or convert neutral altar to either of these, i usually get precrowned in 10 minutes... or so, starting only with, say, 1-2 rations.. it might take one prayer though, just to get satiated... this just me

honzalinek
Unregistered user
Posted on Friday, May 14, 2004 at 06:14 (GMT -5)

BTW, Guth'Alack - if you give him chaos creature corpses he will give you a free potion of cure corruption... But it doesnt work e.g. with chaos rats corpses - my experience.
I read somewhere that they must be higher chaos creatures. What does it mean? What about for example chaos lizzards?
Molach
Registered user
Lord of DurisMud

Last page view:

5153 days, 59 minutes and 58 seconds ago.
Posted on Friday, May 14, 2004 at 08:33 (GMT -5)

Black druid
All 5 orb guardians
A few more. Greater black unicorn Im pretty sure
J.
Registered user
You'll never get rid of me

Last page view:

5675 days, 13 hours, 59 minutes and 55 seconds ago.
Posted on Friday, May 14, 2004 at 15:19 (GMT -5)

Regular black unicorns work too, IIRC. Multi-headed chaos dragon.

Anyone tried it with some quite "normal", but tough, chaos creatures, like greater molochs?

If you're feeling happy, don't worry, it'll go away.

Originally posted by noob: "I'm everytime amazed how you people know to exploit every single little bug (or not-bug) for elaborated scumming tatics even if the feature seems completely useless or bad."
Some guy
Unregistered user
Posted on Saturday, May 15, 2004 at 23:34 (GMT -5)

I think I tried the minotaur emperor corpse once, and I don't think that it worked.

Color mixer:
Red: Green: Blue: HTML color code: result:      
Your Name: Check to login:

Your Message:

Read the
formating help
Are you a spambot? Yes No Maybe Huh?
Create poll? Yes No   What is this?
Poll question: