Register new account
Edit account
Search

Ancient Domains Of Mystery, forum overview / General / beer or booze?

Online users ( Unknown)
Application object not working properly at the moment, no clue who is online...

* Numbers in parentheses are the number of minutes since the user last loaded a page. Logged-in users time out after 40 minutes (unless they manually log out), lurkers and anonymous posters after 20.

This thread is 2 pages long.
Go to page 1 2
Maastonakki
Registered user
A cute puppy

Last page view:

5826 days, 23 hours, 57 minutes and 42 seconds ago.
Posted on Wednesday, May 19, 2004 at 09:50 (GMT -5)

is beer better than booze?
Yes  No
Check results

Portrait
Mewto
Registered user

Last page view:

3602 days, 22 hours, 17 minutes and 41 seconds ago.
Posted on Wednesday, May 19, 2004 at 09:51 (GMT -5)

I'm no alcoholic or american/english/australian/indian,... so what's the difference?
For the Horde!
Maastonakki
Registered user
A cute puppy

Last page view:

Posted on Wednesday, May 19, 2004 at 09:53 (GMT -5)

what i mean with booze generally is teh strong drinks, vol. 20 and upper... or let's say vol 30 and upper :K

Portrait
Mewto
Registered user

Last page view:

3602 days, 22 hours, 17 minutes and 41 seconds ago.
Posted on Wednesday, May 19, 2004 at 09:56 (GMT -5)

I'm almost 15. The strongest thing that I drank was home-made jewish brew and original apple cider with 4,7% alcohol bought here in Finland
For the Horde!
J.
Registered user
You'll never get rid of me

Last page view:

5667 days, 14 hours, 49 minutes and 34 seconds ago.
Posted on Wednesday, May 19, 2004 at 10:51 (GMT -5)

Depends, really. If you're watching the icehockey championships with a couple of friends, beer is definately the way to go. But on the other hand, if you're 14-15 years old and don't have a lot of money, better get someone to buy you booze (like Koskenkorva) since it's a whole lot cheaper to get drunk on booze than on beer, especially now with the new tax rates.

If you're feeling happy, don't worry, it'll go away.

Originally posted by noob: "I'm everytime amazed how you people know to exploit every single little bug (or not-bug) for elaborated scumming tatics even if the feature seems completely useless or bad."
Draco
Unregistered user
Posted on Wednesday, May 19, 2004 at 15:56 (GMT -5)

I've kinda grown tired to beer... It doesn't even taste good anymore. And constant emptying of the "little man" isn't at all that funny. So, I'm starting to prefer booze.
KillerClawLobster
Registered user
Ancient Chaos Lobster

Last page view:

6463 days, 17 hours, 56 minutes and 44 seconds ago.
Posted on Wednesday, May 19, 2004 at 16:08 (GMT -5)

I personally like to have some of both...
But then again it depends on if one has to get up early the next day and go to work or something. If so, then beer is the way to go. Otherwise mix it up! Beer. Shot. Repeat until desired level of inebriation sets in...

The All-Powerful Ancient Chaos Lobster is here. Boil some water and melt some butter!
Maastonakki
Registered user
A cute puppy

Last page view:

Posted on Wednesday, May 19, 2004 at 17:17 (GMT -5)

I'd say for the yongers beer is better, really... I mean, koskenkorva (vol 40~~) can give the wrong 'understanding' (can't figure the right word there, too boozed.. no.. beered) of booze. I mean if yongster takes his / her first asses (perseet, meaning totally drunk.) from stronger alcohos he'll / she'll have a chance of becoming an absolutist. and that sucks. I mean, when a first timer drinks, he will under-estimate the power of teh alcohol (at least i did), and he (i'm saying he because i'm tired of typing that he / she) will drink just too much of it at the first time. that leads to: state 1; "omfg i'm drunk :~~)" state 2; "*burb* let's go have some fun at the city" state 3; "I wanna go to home." state 4; "I'm gonna puke." state 5; waking up in the morning, shaming your ass off to your parents...

okay i dunno if that made any sense, but anyway...

edit: ofcourse that absolutist thing is totally nonsense, what was I thinking, I drank perseet at my first time too so... and I'm doing well on my quest for becoming an alcoholic.. hmm..

edit 2: okay this post didn't make any sense, so let's just all say ":~~E^^;;;;;;E"

[Edited 2 times, last edit on 5/19/2004 at 17:19 (GMT -5) by Maastonakki]
Portrait
Palagran
Registered user
Furry Hybrid

Last page view:

6364 days, 21 hours, 37 minutes and 55 seconds ago.
Posted on Thursday, May 20, 2004 at 07:41 (GMT -5)

I'm very fond of Bacardi, myself. Beer just doesn't taste good at all, no matter how I look at it. Shooters, though (alcoholic lemonade and such), are quite nice.
TheTimpen
Registered user

Last page view:

6852 days, 16 hours, 52 minutes and 42 seconds ago.
Posted on Thursday, May 20, 2004 at 09:07 (GMT -5)

Booze easily, I love vodka and my homemade distilled "mesk". Beer is for chilling and then i rather have a strong (7% atleast) cider.

But yeah, the newcomers should go for easier alcohol like beer and such since its easy to overdo it with booze if you dont know your limits.
Portrait
Armada
Registered user

Last page view:

1229 days, 8 hours, 2 minutes and 22 seconds ago.
Posted on Thursday, May 20, 2004 at 15:57 (GMT -5)

Bacardi is an Evil drink! It lures you in with its good taste, especially when you mix it with Sprite. To make the story short i got alcohol poisoning from that one, and id been drinking for a while.

As to which kind i prefer? Depends on who im drinking with (I dont drink alone). If im just hanging out at a party i prefer beer. But if its just me and my brother well start taking shots of something hard

Portrait
Palagran
Registered user
Furry Hybrid

Last page view:

6364 days, 21 hours, 37 minutes and 55 seconds ago.
Posted on Friday, May 21, 2004 at 01:07 (GMT -5)

Heh, I got poisoning from it too. It was an awful experience, but the good times I've had with it more than make up for the bad times. Even so, I handle the 151 with extreme caution now.
Wojtas
Registered user

Last page view:

7245 days, 4 hours, 20 minutes and 51 seconds ago.
Posted on Monday, May 24, 2004 at 13:12 (GMT -5)

What is booze??... i was thinking that is the same alcohol as beer... hmm... and strongest thing i was drinking is spirytus ratyfikowany with 98% but that was rather an experiment with 50ml of that...my favourite alcohol is beer żywiec....but the thing im drinking usualy is a thing of some "cult" in my country ;) it is called tanie wino (cheap wine) some as, komandos or cherry 18... it is good cause is cheap ( 1l of 12-14% alcohol for something about 1,25 euro ;)
Portrait
Maelstrom
Registered user
The Knight of the Black Rose

Last page view:

3120 days, 15 hours, 24 minutes and 26 seconds ago.
Posted on Monday, May 24, 2004 at 13:26 (GMT -5)

1,25 euro for a plonk? That expensive stuff you're drinking Wojtas! "Wiśnia Mocna" (Cherry, Strong :P Yeah, it's called "wine", but it's water with synthetic taste&colour and filled with alcohol until it's about 20-25%) costs 2,90 zl/0,6 Euro.
Stuff like that is called "inventions" and it's a thing you drink, when you want to get drunk and don't give a *** about what you drink ;)

But personally, I'm rather fond of good booze, especially good brandy. Whiskey or coniac will also do, but I'd sell one of my kidneys for a big truck of Stock 84.

A pessimist sees a dark tunnel.
An optimist sees a light at the end of that tunnel.
A realist sees a train.
And the train driver sees three idiots on the tracks.
Maastonakki
Registered user
A cute puppy

Last page view:

Posted on Tuesday, May 25, 2004 at 07:42 (GMT -5)

why do you people live in countries with zero alcohol tax... i wanna live in a country like that too.

Portrait
Maelstrom
Registered user

Last page view:

Posted on Tuesday, May 25, 2004 at 12:05 (GMT -5)

There IS an alcohol tax in Poland. It gets really big after the magic 40%, that's why those cheap plonks are in the 15-25% range: the tax is minimal on those kind of things.
Anyway, if you'd ever drank that stuff, you wouldn't want to live in a country like ours ;P Most of the "inventions" are so cheap, because it's complete s**t. Lots of that stuff has sulfur floating in it (the "taste&colour" is so cheap synthetics, they need sulfur, or sulfuric acid, to keep it from decomposing - I've seen a bottle with a "15% alcohol, 10% SO2" label).

A realist sees a train.

[Edited 4 times, last edit on 5/25/2004 at 12:10 (GMT -5) by Maelstrom]
Portrait
Ryan Klein
Registered user
Because I said so is why!

Last page view:

1658 days, 9 hours, 44 minutes and 17 seconds ago.
Posted on Wednesday, May 26, 2004 at 10:14 (GMT -5)

All I drink (now that 21 is fast approaching,) os pure liquor with orange (mostly vodka or jack)

Wojtas
Registered user

Last page view:

Posted on Thursday, May 27, 2004 at 02:02 (GMT -5)

You know Maelstrom why our wines are so no good in taste??... cause they put small amount H2SO4 in alcohol to stop the fermentation process... 2,90 za butelke?? to chyba u nas na śląsku coś drożej jest... And hmm... dont say that wine under 5 zł (1 euro) is bad... last 4 times when i was drinking that it wasn`t bad in taste, i think they put smaller amount of sulfur acid in alcohol than before... pozdro :)
Portrait
Maelstrom
Registered user

Last page view:

Posted on Thursday, May 27, 2004 at 10:30 (GMT -5)

Actually it's H2SO3.
Anyway, I don't drink that kind of stuff if I'm not drunk already.
Especially since we got into the European Union, and the prices of imported alcohols dropped drasticly (I mean REALLY drasticly - a bottle of Johnny Walker costs currently just 50% more then a bottle of local vodka.), and I can afford a good bottle of brandy/whiskey whenever the need arises.

A realist sees a train.

[Edited 1 time, last edit on 5/27/2004 at 10:31 (GMT -5) by Maelstrom]
Wojtas
Registered user

Last page view:

Posted on Thursday, May 27, 2004 at 10:58 (GMT -5)

H2SO3 or H2SO4 same efect for liver ;)... and local vodka more expensive than johny walker??... i dont gonna belive it before i dont gonna see it...
Maastonakki
Registered user
A cute puppy

Last page view:

Posted on Saturday, May 29, 2004 at 03:44 (GMT -5)

maelstrom how much does a bottle of beer, or let's say a sixpack cost there? or a can...
Here we have like 1e/bottle... sixpack usually with 5.5e~ and a 12-pack 10e...

Before finland reduced it's alcohol tax twelve pack was like 14-15e! that was a hell for us beerholics

J.
Registered user
You'll never get rid of me

Last page view:

5667 days, 14 hours, 49 minutes and 34 seconds ago.
Posted on Saturday, May 29, 2004 at 03:48 (GMT -5)

Supermarkets are competing with eachother using beer. They sell beer like they used to sell coffee and milk, without profit, but to get people to come to their stores just for the beer and buy other stuff at the same time. With some very big markets you can get a "koppa"(a crate of beer with 24 bottles of 1/3 l, making 8 litres) for around 15-18 euros. Well, used to, maybe they've raised the prices again a bit.

Talking about taxation: when the parliament decided to lower taxation on alcohol, they lowered the taxes on strong drinks some 33%, while beer got lowered about 14%, stuff like wine and long drinks maybe 5% and less. Now a few months later they're wondering why people are drinking only booze and they're thinking of making the taxation more reasonable again at autumn. What a bunch of dumbasses, every normal citizen figured it out in five minutes that folk would drink more booze instead of beer if it's cheaper to get drunk with it.

If you're feeling happy, don't worry, it'll go away.

Originally posted by noob: "I'm everytime amazed how you people know to exploit every single little bug (or not-bug) for elaborated scumming tatics even if the feature seems completely useless or bad."

[Edited 1 time, last edit on 5/29/2004 at 03:52 (GMT -5) by J.]
Maastonakki
Registered user
A cute puppy

Last page view:

Posted on Saturday, May 29, 2004 at 04:55 (GMT -5)

What do you expect the parliament to be if we have an absolutist as a prime minister?

Wojtas
Registered user

Last page view:

Posted on Saturday, May 29, 2004 at 09:21 (GMT -5)

Maastonakki i will give you an example...
1 euro = 5 zloty +/- 1zloty... cheapest beer cost something about 1,25-1,5 zloty (chep but color of urina and taste of water)and realy good beer like żywiec or okocim mocne (in my opinion better than carlsberg or heineken) is for something about 3zloty ... J. it is f***g expensive in Your country it seems like 1 liter of beer is for something about 2 euros!!... this is a crime in my opinion...
Portrait
Maelstrom
Registered user

Last page view:

Posted on Saturday, May 29, 2004 at 12:39 (GMT -5)

Again, Wojtas must live in a VERY expensive ;P place. I've seen quite a lot "beer" sold for less then 0,2 euro (1 zł) per can (or plastic bottle).
The avarege beer in a can costs ~0,5 Euro, a bottle goes for 0,4 Euro - but that's Polish beer, the imported beers start from 0,8 Euro, and go up to 1,2 Euro.
That's cheap, but if you think it can't get any cheaper, visit the Czech Republic - those guys sell absolutly spectacular beer for 4-9 CK (one Czech Korona is ~0,15 zł, that's 0,03 Euro).

A realist sees a train.
Wojtas
Registered user

Last page view:

Posted on Saturday, May 29, 2004 at 13:58 (GMT -5)

Hmm... Maelstrom in what part of our beautiful of country do You live??... the cheepest beer in my region (Bytom) is super piwosz for 1,25-,1,5 zl... and i know... in czech republic they have really cheap beer, i remember that when i was in czech republic i was drinking some beer (dont remember mark of it) for 10ck and with quality of our lech... i hope that european union dont gonna make alcohol more expensive :/:/
Portrait
Maelstrom
Registered user

Last page view:

Posted on Saturday, May 29, 2004 at 19:49 (GMT -5)

Acctually, us joining the EU is going to make beer even cheaper. Remember, the Czech companies can now sell beer in our country at THEIR prices :D And because of that, every beer company that would want to keep on the market will have to lower their prices.
Anyway, that does nothing for me, as I generaly don't like beer (I know, somthing like that should be treated in a hospital, but I can't stand the taste of beer anymore :/ ).

P.S. Wojtas, as for my part of the country: does WLKP ring a bell? Poznań is a wonderful place, if you want to get drunk quickly, get your ass kicked and loose most of you possesions even quicker. And get writed down by the police 3 times, in between.

A realist sees a train.

[Edited 1 time, last edit on 5/29/2004 at 19:51 (GMT -5) by Maelstrom]
Portrait
Armada
Registered user

Last page view:

1229 days, 8 hours, 2 minutes and 22 seconds ago.
Posted on Saturday, May 29, 2004 at 19:57 (GMT -5)

No its actually going to raise the cheap beer prices, and lower the more expensive prices. Averaging them. I took economics, you must believe me :P

Wojtas
Registered user

Last page view:

Posted on Sunday, May 30, 2004 at 02:25 (GMT -5)

No Armada i dont wanna belive You, i dont wanna :P, and belive me Maelstrom, Bytom isn`t safe place too...
Portrait
wakka
Registered user
Tha kitten slayer

Last page view:

6724 days, 40 minutes and 3 seconds ago.
Posted on Monday, May 31, 2004 at 03:42 (GMT -5)

the First time I got drunk was of red wine ( I think) I wasn't too drunk at that time. the second time, I was 16, and drank about 0,5 l pirtu mixed with (warm, yuck) lemonade. (spirits, about 95%) and I was dead drunk. the hangover was SO bad. it lasted the whole day. I was feeling a bit shaky in the next morning too. the effect of that gig was that I didn't drink anything with alcohol for 6 months. the smell of anticeptics almost made me puke. I STILL (4 years later) can't drink too much hard stuff( above 40%) and sometimes I throw up even from a single tequila.

lesson: better start with beer and cider and build up from there.

And my point was...
Go to page 1 2

Color mixer:
Red: Green: Blue: HTML color code: result:      
Your Name: Check to login:

Your Message:

Read the
formating help
Are you a spambot? Yes No Maybe Huh?
Create poll? Yes No   What is this?
Poll question: