Register new account
Edit account
Search

Ancient Domains Of Mystery, forum overview / Spoilers / a good start

Online users ( Unknown)
Application object not working properly at the moment, no clue who is online...

* Numbers in parentheses are the number of minutes since the user last loaded a page. Logged-in users time out after 40 minutes (unless they manually log out), lurkers and anonymous posters after 20.

meestro_mozart
Unregistered user
Posted on Tuesday, May 25, 2004 at 04:42 (GMT -5)

just started a drakeling mindcrafter. i picked up an orcish spear hoping it wouldn't be cursed and it turns out it's an "orcish spear of devestation +1 5d8+10".. i looooove that. only level 2! i also found stomafilla and two chaotic altars, one on PC:4. precrowned with nature's companion. doin great.
Portrait
Mewto
Registered user

Last page view:

3600 days, 13 hours, 7 minutes and 48 seconds ago.
Posted on Tuesday, May 25, 2004 at 10:44 (GMT -5)

lucky you
For the Horde!
Portrait
Celavi
Registered user
...rawr.

Last page view:

7018 days, 18 hours, 12 minutes and 58 seconds ago.
Posted on Tuesday, May 25, 2004 at 11:14 (GMT -5)

I would have screamed in delight, jumped around the house, and danced on the table with mugs of root beer raised high in the air...
...if it was me who could say all of that.

Neverthless, congratulations. I bid you goodluck and hope your character will fare farther on.

Amusement spread across his sultry lips as a feminine hand touched his. "What?" A faint voice trailed along the wind and whispered into his ears, drops of sweat dripping down to the soil followed by heavy breathing and panting. "Nothing. I just like the way you taste."

"Hey," a female voice interrupted. "Stop talking to that glass of orange juice. You're freaking me out."
Portrait
Morio
Registered user
Holy Champion of ADoM

Last page view:

3899 days, 9 hours, 1 minute and 21 seconds ago.
Posted on Tuesday, May 25, 2004 at 11:58 (GMT -5)

After such an amount of luck your character will probably face lots of problems soon

"I don't know what World War 3 will be fought with, but I know World War 4 with be fought with sticks and stones." - Albert Einstein
Warlord*
Unregistered user
Posted on Tuesday, May 25, 2004 at 12:56 (GMT -5)

Beware of blocks hitting from nowhere...
Portrait
KoRn DogG
Registered user
I wanna kill Andy sooo bad...

Last page view:

6390 days, 19 hours, 2 minutes and 21 seconds ago.
Posted on Tuesday, May 25, 2004 at 18:49 (GMT -5)

You will most likely have to face a steel golem in the *very* near future.

"I concur that we are both atheists. I just believe in one less god than you do. When you come to realize why you dismiss all the other possible gods out there, you will know why I dismiss yours.
meestro_mozart
Unregistered user
Posted on Tuesday, May 25, 2004 at 20:19 (GMT -5)

lol, the sad thing is i know you guys are right. i haven't lost that spear to a trap yet though. it's happened before that i found a quaterstaff of devestation from my first kill! a bandit in lawienthoel. it blew up less than 5 min later.

i did run into an ogre magus, but mental blast scared him off in one hit. with a spear that good it's kinda hard to train mindcraft, but i'll live. lol.

oh, one more thing, i was also lucky enough to have a wand of digging for the altar on PC:4 so i didn'thave to drag the monsters too far. ok ok enough bragging or else this guy will drop dead.

[Edited 1 time, last edit on 5/25/2004 at 20:21 (GMT -5) by its author]
Portrait
wakka
Registered user
Tha kitten slayer

Last page view:

6721 days, 15 hours, 30 minutes and 10 seconds ago.
Posted on Wednesday, May 26, 2004 at 07:24 (GMT -5)

Mindcraft really doesn't need to be trained, but in the beginning it trains concentration. The best way for a mindcrafter to survive is to mainly melee, and use mindcraft to confuse and attack a lot of monsters at a time.
IMO

And my point was...
Portrait
Alex
Registered user
Master Necromancer

Last page view:

6509 days, 5 hours, 24 minutes and 50 seconds ago.
Posted on Wednesday, May 26, 2004 at 11:05 (GMT -5)

wow. I have a cool char at the moment (dark elf paladin) and he was doing damn well, so adom decided to kick me in the ass for being cocky and precrowned me with black tome :/

What do you wish for? wands of cat repellent_
Portrait
Morio
Registered user
Holy Champion of ADoM

Last page view:

3899 days, 9 hours, 1 minute and 21 seconds ago.
Posted on Wednesday, May 26, 2004 at 13:01 (GMT -5)

What do you guys do when you find the black tome, do you just leave it

"I don't know what World War 3 will be fought with, but I know World War 4 with be fought with sticks and stones." - Albert Einstein
Portrait
Jonesy
Registered user
Liberate Te Ex Inferis

Last page view:

6506 days, 23 hours, 28 minutes and 15 seconds ago.
Posted on Wednesday, May 26, 2004 at 13:07 (GMT -5)

I grab it, then give it to the ratling.

"If God did not exist, it would be necessary to invent him."- Voltaire
"Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven."- John Milton, Paradise Lost
"Yesterday we obeyed kings and bent our necks before emperors. But today we kneel only to truth, follow only beauty, and obey only love."- Kahlil Gibran
"I may disagree with what you have to say, but I shall defend, to the death, your right to say it."- Voltaire.
"What is freedom of expression? Without the freedom to offend, it ceases to exist."-Salman Rushdie
Draco
Unregistered user
Posted on Thursday, May 27, 2004 at 08:30 (GMT -5)

I had a nice start too. Found a Wand of MC and Scroll of D, so I decided to give a shot for Ultra ending.
It seemed to work out just fine... until I realized that I was on D47, and my char was lv29. Now, what I need is some 15M exp, so that I can go for Filk.
I've been playing over 100 days already, so corruption is becoming a major issue...
wakka*
Unregistered user
Posted on Thursday, May 27, 2004 at 09:05 (GMT -5)

find a wish, penetrating ego or phse daggers or !demon ammo and wish for emperor moloch. lots of good exp. you'd just better do it in a pretty open cave. 7lbs help.
Draco
Unregistered user
Posted on Thursday, May 27, 2004 at 09:32 (GMT -5)

I'm kinda trying to avoid that. Last week my 35lvlish char died doing that. Some movement calculation mistake and: HP(200+) --> HP(0). It will be my last resort after D50 if I don't have anough exp.
Btw, it's best to do it in the wilderness.
meestro_mozart
Unregistered user
Posted on Thursday, May 27, 2004 at 12:01 (GMT -5)

draco, if you have scrolls of peace, 3 or 4, you can camp out in the lower blue dragon caves. 150-200 dragons should get you to the low 40's. after that start killing shopkeepers then vaults in the ID. depending on your character you might could wipe out nuurag for a good boost.

ok i wanna update on my character. i found a RoI and Cloak of Invisibility just lyin around in teh pyramid, that's good luck. i also found a stack of 19 penetrating quarrels, which were VERY neccesary for the living wall on rehetep's level. even my spear couldn't touch it and i dind't have enough PP to TB it to death. i managed, after seemingly forever, to get a second precrowning which was...drumroll...preserver!!! i usually never get one usefull precrown much less two. (nature's companion) and the willpower is awesome for mindcrafters. i have had some bad luck too though. while harvesting stoma i get "you hear a distant wind" so i go to wipe out the vortex before it gets my herbs right? as soon as i open the door boooom...no more stoma. the big room only has morgia, better than nothing of course, but could be much better.

this is my first mindcrafter to make it past lvl 3 or so and i have to say telekinetic blast is great, especially being able to smash trapped doors with it. rock on

Color mixer:
Red: Green: Blue: HTML color code: result:      
Your Name: Check to login:

Your Message:

Read the
formating help
Are you a spambot? Yes No Maybe Huh?
Create poll? Yes No   What is this?
Poll question: