Register new account
Edit account
Search

Ancient Domains Of Mystery, forum overview / ADOM / ADOM Contest

Online users ( Unknown)
Application object not working properly at the moment, no clue who is online...

* Numbers in parentheses are the number of minutes since the user last loaded a page. Logged-in users time out after 40 minutes (unless they manually log out), lurkers and anonymous posters after 20.

This thread is 4 pages long.
Go to page 1 2 3 4
Portrait
Celavi
Registered user
...rawr.

Last page view:

7029 days, 9 hours, 52 minutes and 42 seconds ago.
Posted on Friday, May 28, 2004 at 03:01 (GMT -5)

That's right.
Yet another ADOM competition, brought to you and hosted by none other than yours truly.
Basically, the aim of the contest is to maim the highest possible score there is with your character. However, in order to do so you also need to obey the rules and remember the limitations:

• First and foremost; cheating- whether it be savescumming, changing the date(for self-beneficial game advantages), or other of that sort- is not allowed.
  • Contestants are given two shots at the contest. Once you lose your character for the second time, the game ends. You may submit multiple scores that both your characters achieved.
  • Do not post senseless, pointless, and annoying messages at this thread. For example: "omg im winning the game haha my character rulz you all suk!!!111threethousand" Please only write decent, interesting stories or anything relevant to the progress of your current character.

In order to heat it all up, I've decided to prepare prizes for the 1st and 2nd winners of the contest.
1st Prize- An image banner, along with a few other things; all the well to signify your triumphant and high rank amongst the players.
2nd Prize- An image banner, and the satisfaction of knowing that you won 2nd place.

Closing date for contest application is on the 5th of June. The contest starts now; and ends about two weeks later.

A warning to all those who cheat in the game, lie to me, break or disobey the given rules, or be dishonest of their character stories:
You will be mauled by a forest bear, doomed and cursed by an ancient karmic lizard, get stuck and entangled in huge sticky webs, bitten and poisoned by a giant tarantula, blinded permanently by a sudden flash of light, stumble into walls in the dark, and eventually get eaten by a grue.

Thank you for your time. Have a nice day- and a goodluck to all of you wish to participate.

Amusement spread across his sultry lips as a feminine hand touched his. "What?" A faint voice trailed along the wind and whispered into his ears, drops of sweat dripping down to the soil followed by heavy breathing and panting. "Nothing. I just like the way you taste."

"Hey," a female voice interrupted. "Stop talking to that glass of orange juice. You're freaking me out."

[Edited 1 time, last edit on 5/28/2004 at 03:02 (GMT -5) by Celavi]
Portrait
Mewto
Registered user

Last page view:

3611 days, 4 hours, 47 minutes and 32 seconds ago.
Posted on Friday, May 28, 2004 at 03:49 (GMT -5)

My first char, Lollipop, the dwarven weaponsmith.

For the Horde!
Portrait
the mighty NHGH
Registered user
pRAise "BOB"!

Last page view:

7182 days, 10 hours, 59 minutes and 42 seconds ago.
Posted on Friday, May 28, 2004 at 05:21 (GMT -5)

ill start tomorrow morning.
Grey Elf Archer as usual.

For the Good "Bob" selleth all, even the least and the last; and all buyers are joyous unto his selling.

And those who knoweth not the Good "Bob" from the Evil "Bob" shall verily sell away their souls, and shall be lost.
TheTimpen
Registered user

Last page view:

6860 days, 23 hours, 22 minutes and 33 seconds ago.
Posted on Friday, May 28, 2004 at 05:44 (GMT -5)

I'll start with the first one when I come home from school => Drakeling Barbarian most likely :)
Portrait
@
Registered user
Q('_'Q)(>'_')>

Last page view:

6681 days, 21 hours, 52 minutes and 58 seconds ago.
Posted on Friday, May 28, 2004 at 06:36 (GMT -5)

Competition..Again

<xxxxo~~~~oxxxx> SWORDCHUK

Möwe
Registered user

Last page view:

6620 days, 8 hours, 28 minutes and 47 seconds ago.
Posted on Friday, May 28, 2004 at 06:57 (GMT -5)

I'm in.
Ssrissa, a drakeling bard.
Maastonakki
Registered user
A cute puppy

Last page view:

5835 days, 6 hours, 27 minutes and 33 seconds ago.
Posted on Friday, May 28, 2004 at 07:12 (GMT -5)

me too am in, gonna play a drakeling paladin as the first char (omg im winning the game haha my character rulz you all suk!!!111threethousand)

edit: just a reminder to myself, first kill large bat (i'm aiming for normal victory, but iwant to get ToTRR after closing gate)

OH NOEZ HE GOT KILLED :[
oh well i'm gonna try again later..

[Edited 2 times, last edit on 5/28/2004 at 07:19 (GMT -5) by Maastonakki]
Portrait
Alex
Registered user
Master Necromancer

Last page view:

6519 days, 21 hours, 4 minutes and 34 seconds ago.
Posted on Friday, May 28, 2004 at 07:47 (GMT -5)

I'm in, and doing well!
Leshraor, human barbarian.
got healing, i'm currently in the process of getting precrowned on a chaotic altar - hope I don't get sacrificed again - and a ratling thief on VD:7 dropped an ordinary ring! of course, I can't identify it yet, and it's probably just a ring of damage like usual. oh, and barnabas is selling seven league boots +3,+1.

What do you wish for? wands of cat repellent_
Warlord*
Unregistered user
Posted on Friday, May 28, 2004 at 09:16 (GMT -5)

I think I'm in too.
Drakeling wizard lvl 11 now, just precrowned (lawful) with Wyrmlance. Found some nice stuff, adamantium weapons and shields. Got a nice build up of offensive spells including lightning ball. Leveled up in ID a bit first, then went through SMC (invisibility spell helped a lot there), went through UD, visited HMV and now doing the druid and the small girl quests.
Warlord*
Unregistered user
Posted on Friday, May 28, 2004 at 09:55 (GMT -5)

Brought the girl back her puppy's corpse and then went after the crazy druid. Got acid immunity there, brought the corpse to the druid and got PoCC and gardening. Then I decided to go to UD to finish a couple of tension rooms and minor vaults I left there on my first visit. I also wanted the waterproof blanket from SMC as I missed it too. Too sure of myself I charged the SMC and hacked my way to the stairway down.
The last room before the exit, running through it, I noticed something summoning a lot aid. Well, I was 2 step from getting into corridor, so I just walked forward. 1 step before safety, I got killed. Reading the last messages, it was a werewolf lord, summoned a lot of dire wolves. The W.lord criticalled me and hit me 3 times, then 3 dire wolves hit me 2 times each, bringing me 2 hp below 0 :(
Again, my own lack of concentration killed my char. Damn...
scored some 70k points.
Portrait
DRakelevel4
Registered user
Death to the living

Last page view:

7217 days, 8 hours, 8 minutes and 22 seconds ago.
Posted on Friday, May 28, 2004 at 10:05 (GMT -5)

i'm in olso
Don't know what to play with but i'll give it my best and -------What hapens if the game crashes can i make a backup save gest in case this hapens,I don't wana play for 10 hours gest to lose it all
By the way i don't have internet at home so i go to an internet cafe and can't come to often so you wont be hearing from me more then once per day

you throw the blessed potion of gain atributes at the rat,you miss the potion is smashed,the rat hits you,you are bleding,you throw the amulet of life saving at the rat, you miss,the rat hits you, you get angry,you drink the blessed potion of poison,you cast slow on you self,you cast magic misle,it bounces you are hit it bounces you are hit .......... you are hit,you die

[Edited 1 time, last edit on 5/28/2004 at 10:15 (GMT -5) by DRakelevel4]
Portrait
Jonesy
Registered user
Liberate Te Ex Inferis

Last page view:

6517 days, 15 hours, 7 minutes and 59 seconds ago.
Posted on Friday, May 28, 2004 at 10:45 (GMT -5)

I generated my character, a class I've never played before:Mindcrafter. He was generated with a Potion of Dex, and a PoGA, which I need to get blessed.

Edit: First kill was a beggar, btw.

"If God did not exist, it would be necessary to invent him."- Voltaire
"Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven."- John Milton, Paradise Lost
"Yesterday we obeyed kings and bent our necks before emperors. But today we kneel only to truth, follow only beauty, and obey only love."- Kahlil Gibran
"I may disagree with what you have to say, but I shall defend, to the death, your right to say it."- Voltaire.
"What is freedom of expression? Without the freedom to offend, it ceases to exist."-Salman Rushdie

[Edited 2 times, last edit on 5/28/2004 at 11:08 (GMT -5) by Jonesy]
Portrait
Celavi
Registered user
...rawr.

Last page view:

7029 days, 9 hours, 52 minutes and 42 seconds ago.
Posted on Friday, May 28, 2004 at 10:50 (GMT -5)

Just a reminder to all contestants: You are given two chances at the contest. So if you die once, you can go back and give it another shot.

Savescumming a backup file in order to restore any crashed game occurances is as always, allowed.
Please post the exact score of your characters once you're practically done with them or the game ends.

Thank you to all those who are willing to participate in this competition. Goodluck, everyone!

Amusement spread across his sultry lips as a feminine hand touched his. "What?" A faint voice trailed along the wind and whispered into his ears, drops of sweat dripping down to the soil followed by heavy breathing and panting. "Nothing. I just like the way you taste."

"Hey," a female voice interrupted. "Stop talking to that glass of orange juice. You're freaking me out."

[Edited 1 time, last edit on 5/28/2004 at 12:03 (GMT -5) by Celavi]
Portrait
Armada
Registered user

Last page view:

1237 days, 14 hours, 32 minutes and 13 seconds ago.
Posted on Friday, May 28, 2004 at 11:00 (GMT -5)

Oh im in of course. Banners are always better than the lack of prizes we got from the other tournament :)

Im going to do a drakish beastfighter, named Aldous after the main character in the Exile/Avernum series

Portrait
Armada
Registered user

Last page view:

Posted on Friday, May 28, 2004 at 11:10 (GMT -5)

that was a quick death. Stupid ants :P. Not sure what my 2nd attempt will be

Dalavita
Registered user
Knight fanatic

Last page view:

5888 days, 6 hours, 2 minutes and 37 seconds ago.
Posted on Friday, May 28, 2004 at 11:12 (GMT -5)

I'm in with Dalavita the human assassin.

Everyone should be judged individually. No matter the race, social status, beliefs etc.
Portrait
Armada
Registered user

Last page view:

Posted on Friday, May 28, 2004 at 11:23 (GMT -5)

My next character will either be Maxwell, the human fighter. Or Trogdor the Trollish barbarian (True beserker :P).

Ive been playing too many fighters as of late, so i guess ill do the Troll. I can only hope for a wish for Food Preservation

Edit:Im out already. Trollish barbarian falls to a chaos brother after slaughtering the healer and Yriggs.

[Edited 1 time, last edit on 5/28/2004 at 11:36 (GMT -5) by Armada]
Portrait
Alex
Registered user
Master Necromancer

Last page view:

Posted on Friday, May 28, 2004 at 12:01 (GMT -5)

hrm, things have taken a turn. still alive, though having a bit of trouble. I ate a kobold shaman corpse and thought I could pray for healing, apparently not. I had to drink a crapload of unIDd pots to cure it, which included, somehow, a potion of gain attributes, a potion of cure corruption, and a potion of exchange. the latter switched around my toughness and mana, which at the time were 25 and 8 respectively. that could be good in the long run but I'm feeling pretty fragile at the moment, and of course I can't find any damn morgia roots.

oh and my two precrownings yielded hammer of the gods and hammerhead :(

TheTimpen
Registered user

Last page view:

Posted on Friday, May 28, 2004 at 12:03 (GMT -5)

Walking down in the UD found some nice equipment and my first near death experience. Got sick by a rat yippie!!! and while fighting some tarantulas I got the final fever attack. 1 hp, poisoned and already used 2 prayers.
I'm dead I think, but I start drinking potions. First potion => You feel more connected to the mana flow of Ancardia.
Second potion => You feel relieved!!!!!
I was on UD8 so I ran up to the worldmap and waited some to regain hp =)

Edit: Lvl 11 atm :)

[Edited 1 time, last edit on 5/28/2004 at 12:07 (GMT -5) by TheTimpen]
Klavert
Registered user
The Hurthling

Last page view:

6530 days, 22 hours, 33 minutes and 2 seconds ago.
Posted on Friday, May 28, 2004 at 12:04 (GMT -5)

I'm going to play Klavert, the Grey Elven Wizard.

Klavert
-I want ye to slay a rat to prove your valor- Thrundarr
That really happened to me :D
Portrait
Jonesy
Registered user
Liberate Te Ex Inferis

Last page view:

Posted on Friday, May 28, 2004 at 12:19 (GMT -5)

My character is already doing well. Saved the Cute Dog, killed the raider lord, grabbed his corpse, and got precrowned twice in the PC, when 3 altars where generated in all, plus a scroll shop. The RNG has it out for me.

First precrowning generated Celestrix(Good for little else but sacking), but the second generated Nature's Companion. Went to the Holeinthewall, and found Whirlwind there (Didn't go to Holeinthewall for my first kill, I found the beggar in the room I was generated in the PC. Almost killed me, too.) Bought it with my money from killing the raider lord, and the money from the PC. Got a minor vault generated on level 4 of the PC, full of wights and the like. Got my Toughness to 19 by eating corpses.

I've been playing somewhat well for this character, as I haven't done too many risks so far with him.

Almost forgot, I blessed my PoGA and the PoD and drank them.

"Yesterday we obeyed kings and bent our necks before emperors. But today we kneel only to truth, follow only beauty, and obey only love."- Kahlil Gibran
"I may disagree with what you have to say, but I shall defend, to the death, your right to say it."- Voltaire.
"What is freedom of expression? Without the freedom to offend, it ceases to exist."-Salman Rushdie

[Edited 1 time, last edit on 5/28/2004 at 12:20 (GMT -5) by Jonesy]
Portrait
Alex
Registered user
Master Necromancer

Last page view:

Posted on Friday, May 28, 2004 at 12:24 (GMT -5)

Celestrix?? I thought that didn't exist any more or something.

Portrait
Jonesy
Registered user
Liberate Te Ex Inferis

Last page view:

Posted on Friday, May 28, 2004 at 12:29 (GMT -5)

I'm running ToGU's patch on my version of ADOM-Sage, so Celestrix springs up every once in a while. I'm also running Vladimir Panteleev's ingot crash bug fix.

Warlord*
Unregistered user
Posted on Friday, May 28, 2004 at 13:14 (GMT -5)

I guess Adom don't want me to compete before winning the game. The second try, drakeling wizard, got to ID to level up like the first, died to a stoneblock on second level :\
Portrait
Jonesy
Registered user
Liberate Te Ex Inferis

Last page view:

Posted on Friday, May 28, 2004 at 13:16 (GMT -5)

Ouch. That's why you kick doors diagonally. (Or was it in the middle of a room or something?

Warlord*
Unregistered user
Posted on Friday, May 28, 2004 at 15:01 (GMT -5)

Middle of the room...was full health too, but...oh well
TheTimpen
Registered user

Last page view:

Posted on Friday, May 28, 2004 at 15:49 (GMT -5)

Got crowned with vanquisher edit: and acid immunity, went down to ID to lvl some, got one hitted by a damn troll. 155 hp............. 73067 points

[Edited 1 time, last edit on 5/28/2004 at 15:49 (GMT -5) by TheTimpen]
Portrait
Armada
Registered user

Last page view:

Posted on Friday, May 28, 2004 at 15:57 (GMT -5)

You must have been deep to be Instakilled by a troll

J.
Registered user
You'll never get rid of me

Last page view:

5675 days, 21 hours, 19 minutes and 25 seconds ago.
Posted on Friday, May 28, 2004 at 16:24 (GMT -5)

May I again suggest, no-one make the trader's guild owe you money(like, don't change water potions into poison with the poison hands corruption). It's bugged and can give you STRANGE scores, from -1 billion to +1 billion. C has a couple of these chars in the HoF. It's not exactly cheating but not very fair either.

If you're feeling happy, don't worry, it'll go away.

Originally posted by noob: "I'm everytime amazed how you people know to exploit every single little bug (or not-bug) for elaborated scumming tatics even if the feature seems completely useless or bad."

[Edited 2 times, last edit on 5/28/2004 at 16:25 (GMT -5) by J.]
Klavert
Registered user
The Hurthling

Last page view:

6530 days, 22 hours, 33 minutes and 2 seconds ago.
Posted on Friday, May 28, 2004 at 17:06 (GMT -5)

OK, my first competitor died of being doomed and getting sick from a pool.
A shame, i started to like him. He reached level 10 and got 19456 as final score. 15703xps.

Normally i barely ever drink from pools, i wonder what made me decide to drink from it anyway. I think i had a surplus of luck today. The rest of my day has been perfect, so god probably just wanted to compensate :D
You see, god is just like ADOM :D

Klavert
-I want ye to slay a rat to prove your valor- Thrundarr
That really happened to me :D
Go to page 1 2 3 4

Color mixer:
Red: Green: Blue: HTML color code: result:      
Your Name: Check to login:

Your Message:

Read the
formating help
Are you a spambot? Yes No Maybe Huh?