Register new account
Edit account
Search

Ancient Domains Of Mystery, forum overview / General / Forum error in user settings

Online users ( Unknown)
Application object not working properly at the moment, no clue who is online...

* Numbers in parentheses are the number of minutes since the user last loaded a page. Logged-in users time out after 40 minutes (unless they manually log out), lurkers and anonymous posters after 20.

J.
Registered user
You'll never get rid of me

Last page view:

5667 days, 16 hours, 50 minutes and 50 seconds ago.
Posted on Saturday, May 29, 2004 at 03:56 (GMT -5)

I tried to use the option to remove my avatar without replacing it with a new one, so I ticked the box where it said to do so, and after pressing the "update information" button I got this error message on an otherwise blank white page:

Provider error '80020005'

Type mismatch.

/forum/user_upd.asp, line 102

So Jan, when you get around to messing with the forum stuff next time, you might want to take a look at this. That, or I'm incredibly stupid and did something wrong.

Oh, and I'm using Mozilla Firefox version 0.8 if that makes any difference.

Tried it with Explorer and got some error message with that too.

If you're feeling happy, don't worry, it'll go away.

Originally posted by noob: "I'm everytime amazed how you people know to exploit every single little bug (or not-bug) for elaborated scumming tatics even if the feature seems completely useless or bad."

[Edited 2 times, last edit on 5/29/2004 at 04:00 (GMT -5) by J.]
Portrait
Celavi
Registered user
...rawr.

Last page view:

7021 days, 5 hours, 24 minutes and 7 seconds ago.
Posted on Monday, May 31, 2004 at 09:52 (GMT -5)

This happened quite a number of times, and I still recall complaining about it a long time ago. Nobody seemed to have cared, though.

I'm suspecting the people here are afraid to touch the subject of this particular matter. Say, an urban legend of sorts? *raises brow*

Amusement spread across his sultry lips as a feminine hand touched his. "What?" A faint voice trailed along the wind and whispered into his ears, drops of sweat dripping down to the soil followed by heavy breathing and panting. "Nothing. I just like the way you taste."

"Hey," a female voice interrupted. "Stop talking to that glass of orange juice. You're freaking me out."
Lavos
Registered user
Cardiovascular Endurance

Last page view:

7099 days, 18 hours, 55 minutes and 47 seconds ago.
Posted on Monday, May 31, 2004 at 15:53 (GMT -5)

That happens to me all the time. Usually after a few tries it works though. I'm not sure if it's my computer, or the actual site. But, Urban Legend sounds better.

(:
J.
Registered user

Last page view:

Posted on Monday, May 31, 2004 at 17:53 (GMT -5)

So you don't get it all the time? I've been trying a few times but still doesn't work. Sheesh.

Originally posted by noob: "I'm everytime amazed how you people know to exploit every single little bug (or not-bug) for elaborated scumming tatics even if the feature seems completely useless or bad."
Portrait
Jan Erik
Administrator

Last page view:

12 hours, 50 minutes and 19 seconds ago.
Posted on Tuesday, June 01, 2004 at 18:31 (GMT -5)

Hmm, I'll look into it...

Jan Erik Mydland
HoF admin
Portrait
Jan Erik
Administrator

Last page view:

Posted on Tuesday, June 01, 2004 at 19:08 (GMT -5)

There, I was trying to set the immage data to "Nothing" instead of "Null", it didn't like that. I could have sworn that it used to work, but maybe I forgot to test it or someting.

All existing posts will have your avatar replaced with "nothing" (just a blank space), and all new one will have no avatar...

Wish I had coded the message "headers" differently, as it is now changes in avatar types and titles are not retroactive, and I don't feel like manualy ediging 26.116 messages right now :P Hmm, can probably work around that though, just a bit of work to change the database structure at this point...

Jan Erik Mydland
HoF admin
J.
Registered user

Last page view:

Posted on Wednesday, June 02, 2004 at 05:56 (GMT -5)

Haha, you lost your avatar! :P

Wooo! It worked, thx.

[Edited 1 time, last edit on 6/2/2004 at 05:56 (GMT -5) by J.]
Portrait
Jan Erik
Administrator

Last page view:

Posted on Wednesday, June 02, 2004 at 10:26 (GMT -5)

Didn't loose it, just removed it to check if it worked, just forgot to upload it agian before I posted that :P

Jan Erik Mydland
HoF admin
J.
Registered user

Last page view:

Posted on Wednesday, June 02, 2004 at 15:24 (GMT -5)

Hey, you put up a new feature too. Showing when registered users were here last time. Pretty neat.

Portrait
Jan Erik
Administrator

Last page view:

Posted on Wednesday, June 02, 2004 at 15:30 (GMT -5)

Yep, it was a sudden stroke of inspiration :P Figured if it was going to be dynamic I might as well add something like that too :D

Took a while to make too, perfectionist that I am I wanted to make the grammar and plural correct under all conditions too... One heck of a lot of if cheks in there :D

Jan Erik Mydland
HoF admin

[Edited 1 time, last edit on 6/2/2004 at 15:31 (GMT -5) by Jan Erik]

Color mixer:
Red: Green: Blue: HTML color code: result:      
Your Name: Check to login:

Your Message:

Read the
formating help
Are you a spambot? Yes No Maybe Huh?
Create poll? Yes No   What is this?
Poll question: