Register new account
Edit account
Search

Ancient Domains Of Mystery, forum overview / ADOM / female swordsman

Online users ( Unknown)
Application object not working properly at the moment, no clue who is online...

* Numbers in parentheses are the number of minutes since the user last loaded a page. Logged-in users time out after 40 minutes (unless they manually log out), lurkers and anonymous posters after 20.

Portrait
wakka
Registered user
Tha kitten slayer

Last page view:

6732 days, 5 hours, 51 minutes and 43 seconds ago.
Posted on Monday, May 31, 2004 at 06:57 (GMT -5)

I saw one of those.
anyone seen female berserkers/princes/lords/emperors? (is it possible, or is the swordsmen the only ones with this minor flaw?)
do they have a female/male (blank) status?berserkers, that is.

And my point was...
Portrait
Armada
Registered user

Last page view:

1237 days, 13 hours, 14 minutes and 3 seconds ago.
Posted on Monday, May 31, 2004 at 09:35 (GMT -5)

Swordsman is just a generic title. Like Fireman. You don't actually HAVE to be a man to be called that.

Just sometimes the womans rights groups go a little overboard...Firewoman? That doesn't sound right. Though that song by the Cult is pretty good :)

There are no female beserkers that i know of. Thats why the whole wedding ring thing is so funny

[Edited 1 time, last edit on 5/31/2004 at 10:51 (GMT -5) by Armada]
Portrait
Celavi
Registered user
...rawr.

Last page view:

7029 days, 8 hours, 34 minutes and 32 seconds ago.
Posted on Monday, May 31, 2004 at 09:46 (GMT -5)

Berserkers are homosexuals. So. Well.
It... didn't felt quite right typing that. *cries*

Amusement spread across his sultry lips as a feminine hand touched his. "What?" A faint voice trailed along the wind and whispered into his ears, drops of sweat dripping down to the soil followed by heavy breathing and panting. "Nothing. I just like the way you taste."

"Hey," a female voice interrupted. "Stop talking to that glass of orange juice. You're freaking me out."
J.
Registered user
You'll never get rid of me

Last page view:

5675 days, 20 hours, 1 minute and 15 seconds ago.
Posted on Monday, May 31, 2004 at 12:18 (GMT -5)

Let's not go the British way and start calling snowmen snow statues.

If you're feeling happy, don't worry, it'll go away.

Originally posted by noob: "I'm everytime amazed how you people know to exploit every single little bug (or not-bug) for elaborated scumming tatics even if the feature seems completely useless or bad."
The Real J.
Registered user
The faceless swordsman

Last page view:

5625 days, 8 hours, 3 minutes and 31 seconds ago.
Posted on Tuesday, June 01, 2004 at 01:35 (GMT -5)

You seem to be forgetting female doppelganger kings. I guess TB should have at least added doppelganger queens to make things sensible...

Sytytä toiselle tuli ja hän pysyy lämpimänä jonkin aikaa.
Sytytä hänet palamaan ja hän pysyy lämpimänä loppuelämänsä.
Draco
Unregistered user
Posted on Tuesday, June 01, 2004 at 04:45 (GMT -5)

Talking about making things sebsible: How is it even possible to know the gender of a doppleganger?
The Real J.
Registered user
The faceless swordsman

Last page view:

5625 days, 8 hours, 3 minutes and 31 seconds ago.
Posted on Tuesday, June 01, 2004 at 05:40 (GMT -5)

Draco: doppelgangers also imitate the sex of the PC. So if one's playing a female char there will only be female doppelgangers, female doppelganger lords and doppelganger queens.

OTOH: if doppelgangers are so good at imitating the PC shouldn't they be referred to as Foo, the <sex> <race> <class> ?

Oh, and since doppelgangers also imitate monsters has anyone witnessed a doppelganger imitating another doppelganger ?

Sytytä toiselle tuli ja hän pysyy lämpimänä jonkin aikaa.
Sytytä hänet palamaan ja hän pysyy lämpimänä loppuelämänsä.
Portrait
Maelstrom
Registered user
The Knight of the Black Rose

Last page view:

3128 days, 20 hours, 36 minutes and 7 seconds ago.
Posted on Tuesday, June 01, 2004 at 09:07 (GMT -5)

Yes, it has been seen, usually when a doppelganger goes into a blind rage, attacks itself and then LOOKS LIKE HIMSELF AND IS CONFUSED BY IT :D

A pessimist sees a dark tunnel.
An optimist sees a light at the end of that tunnel.
A realist sees a train.
And the train driver sees three idiots on the tracks.
Portrait
Armada
Registered user

Last page view:

1237 days, 13 hours, 14 minutes and 3 seconds ago.
Posted on Tuesday, June 01, 2004 at 09:53 (GMT -5)

What the hell does a doppleganger look like when its not mimicking something else though? Maybe thats what confused it, as it has no real form? :/

monkee
Unregistered user
Posted on Wednesday, June 02, 2004 at 11:52 (GMT -5)

in d&d games, like baldur's gate, they are kinda featureless humanoids. thin, colorless and you gain 2000xp if u kill one :D:D:D
Warlord*
Unregistered user
Posted on Wednesday, June 02, 2004 at 12:13 (GMT -5)

Not with the newer rules, in IWD 2 they give some 300 xp IIRC... oh the useless posts, but oh well.
Portrait
KoRn DogG
Registered user
I wanna kill Andy sooo bad...

Last page view:

6401 days, 9 hours, 23 minutes and 55 seconds ago.
Posted on Friday, June 04, 2004 at 20:49 (GMT -5)

I'll try to get a doppelanger as a pet or tame one with a bard and see if he confuses other monsters.
"I concur that we are both atheists. I just believe in one less god than you do. When you come to realize why you dismiss all the other possible gods out there, you will know why I dismiss yours.
Portrait
Mewto
Registered user

Last page view:

3611 days, 3 hours, 29 minutes and 22 seconds ago.
Posted on Saturday, June 05, 2004 at 02:01 (GMT -5)

if a char has a very big LoS about 15 tiles(is that what they're called?) and he sees a doppleganger, did the doppleganger already copy his stats&stuff, though he can't see the char?
For the Horde!
Portrait
Alex
Registered user
Master Necromancer

Last page view:

6519 days, 19 hours, 46 minutes and 24 seconds ago.
Posted on Saturday, June 05, 2004 at 05:34 (GMT -5)

Tiiimme to dieee, simiaannssss!

ahem.

I was under the impression that dp kings' stats are copied when the monster is generated. That gives me an idea: next time I enter the library, I'll take off all my equipment and wear a ring of weakness. I always seem to find dp kings there.
What do you wish for? wands of cat repellent_

[Edited 1 time, last edit on 6/5/2004 at 05:35 (GMT -5) by Alex]
J.
Registered user
You'll never get rid of me

Last page view:

5675 days, 20 hours, 1 minute and 15 seconds ago.
Posted on Saturday, June 05, 2004 at 06:53 (GMT -5)

I just wished for one in the gremlin caves while experimenting, and got a weak one. Lvl 1, hits:84, dam:8-41. My char has 1148 hit points and all stats at 99, so doppleganger kings don't copy every stat you have, just DV/PV and speed. Those also change if you change yours, for example if you change tactics. But otherwise I think the level of the DK is dependent on the danger level, and so are their hitpoints and attack. My damage is 4d5+43 to 4d5+82 depending on tactics, so the DK didn't mimic my damage either.

Oh and in case anyone was wondering, yes, my char has a WoWi(2000000000 charges).

Wow, wished for another one in the gremlin cave, and this one was a bit tougher: level:79 DV:222(mine was 174!) PV:59(mine was 45!) hits:478 attacks:8 damage:32-65(not really, hit me 2 times out of 8 attacks in a turn and I was left with 1 hp out of 1148) speed:250(same as mine) So, it seems that DKs can even surpass your values!
If you're feeling happy, don't worry, it'll go away.

Originally posted by noob: "I'm everytime amazed how you people know to exploit every single little bug (or not-bug) for elaborated scumming tatics even if the feature seems completely useless or bad."

[Edited 2 times, last edit on 6/5/2004 at 07:13 (GMT -5) by J.]
Portrait
Mewto
Registered user

Last page view:

3611 days, 3 hours, 29 minutes and 22 seconds ago.
Posted on Monday, June 07, 2004 at 09:00 (GMT -5)

"gulp"
For the Horde!

Color mixer:
Red: Green: Blue: HTML color code: result:      
Your Name: Check to login:

Your Message:

Read the
formating help
Are you a spambot? Yes No Maybe Huh?
Create poll? Yes No   What is this?
Poll question: