Register new account
Edit account
Search

Ancient Domains Of Mystery, forum overview / ADOM / Ventriloquism

Online users ( Unknown)
Application object not working properly at the moment, no clue who is online...

* Numbers in parentheses are the number of minutes since the user last loaded a page. Logged-in users time out after 40 minutes (unless they manually log out), lurkers and anonymous posters after 20.

Hankjim
Unregistered user
Posted on Thursday, September 27, 2001 at 19:29 (GMT -5)

I've found ventriloquism fairly useful in creating enough space between you and a cat to close doors. But if you use it on a monster that isn't hostile, is it considered a chaotic act (ie, like pickpocketing)?

Thanks,
Hankjim
Portrait
Jan Erik
Administrator

Last page view:

18 hours, 50 minutes and 16 seconds ago.
Posted on Thursday, September 27, 2001 at 20:57 (GMT -5)

I don't think so. IIRC monsters won't even become hostile if you use it on them...

But even if it is the penalty is minute at best, so unless you are holding out or a scertain girdle I can't see any problem with it's use.

Jan Erik Mydland
HoF admin
Hankjim
Unregistered user
Posted on Thursday, September 27, 2001 at 21:02 (GMT -5)

The reason why I'm asking is because I just tried it on the sheriff and he turned hostile on me! And it turns other monsters hostile as well. It's a great way to get monsters mad at you, provided there is no alignment penalty.
Portrait
Jan Erik
Administrator

Last page view:

18 hours, 50 minutes and 16 seconds ago.
Posted on Thursday, September 27, 2001 at 21:24 (GMT -5)

Guess I remember incorectly then, heh...

Anyway, I don't think there is an alignment penalty, though I don't use it very often so I can't say for sure.

Either way the penalty is defenently a lot smaller than what you get from just hitting someone over the head without provocation.

I'll try to remember to use it a bunch the next time I get a char with a deacent law skill and ventriloquism going, and see if there is any "transgressions" involved.

Jan Erik Mydland
HoF admin
Hankjim
Unregistered user
Posted on Friday, September 28, 2001 at 13:19 (GMT -5)

I tested it last night, and my alignment went from L to LN when I did Ventriloquism on a non-hostile monster, so it appears there is a small alignment hit, much like pickpocketing. I'm not sure the Law skill would help in detecting such a minor transgression, though.

Hankjim

Color mixer:
Red: Green: Blue: HTML color code: result:      
Your Name: Check to login:

Your Message:

Read the
formating help
Are you a spambot? Yes No Maybe Huh?
Create poll? Yes No   What is this?
Poll question: