Register new account
Edit account
Search

Ancient Domains Of Mystery, forum overview / Spoilers / Screw doppelganger kings!

Online users ( Unknown)
Application object not working properly at the moment, no clue who is online...

* Numbers in parentheses are the number of minutes since the user last loaded a page. Logged-in users time out after 40 minutes (unless they manually log out), lurkers and anonymous posters after 20.

Cepheid
Unregistered user
Posted on Thursday, June 03, 2004 at 01:59 (GMT -5)

Deep in CoC with my uber powerful killer bug. I meet a DK on beserk, hits me really hard... I attack him, then got confused and decided to teleport past my bug, of course since this was not a corridor it didn't work. Well a few turns later i get the message, "You sense the loss of a friend!!!"

Damn... hate those Doppelgangers!!! now i have a greater vault of emperor liches and i have to ignore them... damn it.
Portrait
DRakelevel4
Registered user
Death to the living

Last page view:

7206 days, 4 hours, 42 minutes and 10 seconds ago.
Posted on Thursday, June 03, 2004 at 02:11 (GMT -5)

ya got the same hate as you for those greater undead vaults

you throw the blessed potion of gain atributes at the rat,you miss the potion is smashed,the rat hits you,you are bleding,you throw the amulet of life saving at the rat, you miss,the rat hits you, you get angry,you drink the blessed potion of poison,you cast slow on you self,you cast magic misle,it bounces you are hit it bounces you are hit .......... you are hit,you die
Portrait
Alex
Registered user
Master Necromancer

Last page view:

6508 days, 17 hours, 38 minutes and 22 seconds ago.
Posted on Friday, June 04, 2004 at 07:47 (GMT -5)

bah, greater undead vaults aren't so hard.
well, ok, they are. but you'll benefit more than you lost in the long run if your stats haven't yet been raised other than training/herbs. My winner got two of them in a row - they took me about an hour each but I got an absolute shitload of artifacts.
What do you wish for? wands of cat repellent_

[Edited 1 time, last edit on 6/5/2004 at 05:38 (GMT -5) by Alex]
TheTimpen
Registered user

Last page view:

6849 days, 19 hours, 56 minutes and 21 seconds ago.
Posted on Friday, June 04, 2004 at 10:22 (GMT -5)

As long as I don't take 'em on melee, they are never a noisance.
The Real J.
Registered user
The faceless swordsman

Last page view:

5614 days, 5 hours, 55 minutes and 29 seconds ago.
Posted on Friday, June 04, 2004 at 13:07 (GMT -5)

Hmmm... Don't know about 1.1.x but in 1.0.0 they (DKs that is) are easy pickings if one is suitably prepared. At least I seem to recall so. You see, they can't fight in the dark. So just cast darkness, use a crystal of darkness or read a scroll of darkness and give 'em a right royal kicking.

J.
Sytytä toiselle tuli ja hän pysyy lämpimänä jonkin aikaa.
Sytytä hänet palamaan ja hän pysyy lämpimänä loppuelämänsä.

[Edited 1 time, last edit on 6/4/2004 at 13:08 (GMT -5) by The Real J.]
Portrait
Maelstrom
Registered user
The Knight of the Black Rose

Last page view:

3117 days, 18 hours, 28 minutes and 5 seconds ago.
Posted on Friday, June 04, 2004 at 15:35 (GMT -5)

Doppelganger kings are very easy to kill if you have some wands/spells a good shield and low to-hit.
They copy your stats, so if you have 120 DV and 15 to-hit, they'll have that too. And they don't have ball spells :D
A pessimist sees a dark tunnel.
An optimist sees a light at the end of that tunnel.
A realist sees a train.
And the train driver sees three idiots on the tracks.
Portrait
Alex
Registered user
Master Necromancer

Last page view:

Posted on Saturday, June 05, 2004 at 05:39 (GMT -5)

they also don't seem to copy your resistances. I killed one with one acid bolt just now, which was slightly humbling.
Cepheid
Unregistered user
Posted on Sunday, June 06, 2004 at 04:09 (GMT -5)

I killed it using magic missile... just irritated because it killed my pet... ah well all's well that ends well.
firestorm
Unregistered user
Posted on Sunday, June 06, 2004 at 04:41 (GMT -5)

Ran into one as an archer once in the library. They suck the most as archers cos youd dont really have many spells (if any at all).and since most of your attacks are with missiles which they dodge,ugh.anyway, i poisoned my dagger (only decent weapon i had cos i was relying on arrows), got in close, stabbed him, waited till i hit him,then ran away (with my seven leaguers, gotta love them and good think he apparently didnt duplicate those either,hehe)..then i walked around killing the other freaks in the library.within a couple of minutes, i checked my kill list and it read "1 doppleganger king" so he'd apparently got away and dropped dead ;)
Portrait
Alex
Registered user
Master Necromancer

Last page view:

Posted on Sunday, June 06, 2004 at 06:02 (GMT -5)

You ought to have spells as an archer, you get the concentration skill.
firestorm
Unregistered user
Posted on Sunday, June 06, 2004 at 06:59 (GMT -5)

I'll take it up with the adom gods i guess *rolls eyes*. You either get spells or you don't. I just didnt get any spellbooks or not any offensive ones, whatever, i dont really remember.

Color mixer:
Red: Green: Blue: HTML color code: result:      
Your Name: Check to login:

Your Message:

Read the
formating help
Are you a spambot? Yes No Maybe Huh?
Create poll? Yes No   What is this?
Poll question: