Register new account
Edit account
Search

Ancient Domains Of Mystery, forum overview / General / Warcraft3 Vs Broodwar

Online users ( Unknown)
Application object not working properly at the moment, no clue who is online...

* Numbers in parentheses are the number of minutes since the user last loaded a page. Logged-in users time out after 40 minutes (unless they manually log out), lurkers and anonymous posters after 20.

Portrait
@
Registered user
Q('_'Q)(>'_')>

Last page view:

6677 days, 13 hours, 10 minutes and 37 seconds ago.
Posted on Thursday, June 03, 2004 at 05:21 (GMT -5)

Which is better? both are wery good, wc3 meelee is fun whit heroes, broodwar has many funny maps tough but wc3 roleplaying maps are better than sc's but sc has good dbz maps =P

<xxxxo~~~~oxxxx> SWORDCHUK

Is Warcraft3 The Dark side?
Yes  No
Check results

Unregistered user
Posted on Saturday, June 05, 2004 at 18:25 (GMT -5)

I liked Starcraft better. WarCraft3 didn't let you get as big armies. And no boats either. And too much reliance on magical abilities.
Jurne
Registered user

Last page view:

6672 days, 5 hours, 47 minutes and 42 seconds ago.
Posted on Saturday, June 05, 2004 at 19:00 (GMT -5)

There's boats now... just FYI
You wish to kill me? Good thing I brought my psychic hamster named Hamster with me...
Portrait
KoRn DogG
Registered user
I wanna kill Andy sooo bad...

Last page view:

6397 days, 1 hour, 59 minutes and 44 seconds ago.
Posted on Tuesday, June 08, 2004 at 18:55 (GMT -5)

WC3 kicks broodwars ass a thousand times. Jesus, thats the dumbest question I have ever heard someone ask :D

FYI: but then again, I don't really like DBZ...
"I concur that we are both atheists. I just believe in one less god than you do. When you come to realize why you dismiss all the other possible gods out there, you will know why I dismiss yours.

[Edited 1 time, last edit on 6/8/2004 at 18:56 (GMT -5) by KoRn DogG]
Portrait
@
Registered user
Q('_'Q)(>'_')>

Last page view:

Posted on Thursday, June 10, 2004 at 06:48 (GMT -5)

Man, have u ever played broodwar ums? but mostly i play bw cos almost all my friends dont have wc3 only 3does and 1of them thinks it sux and 1 of em as too slow comp XD

Portrait
KoRn DogG
Registered user
I wanna kill Andy sooo bad...

Last page view:

6397 days, 1 hour, 59 minutes and 44 seconds ago.
Posted on Thursday, June 10, 2004 at 13:16 (GMT -5)

I own broodwar.
"I concur that we are both atheists. I just believe in one less god than you do. When you come to realize why you dismiss all the other possible gods out there, you will know why I dismiss yours.
Portrait
@
Registered user
Q('_'Q)(>'_')>

Last page view:

Posted on Thursday, June 10, 2004 at 18:02 (GMT -5)

ahà?

Bezrend
Registered user

Last page view:

3282 days, 17 hours, 37 minutes and 41 seconds ago.
Posted on Sunday, June 13, 2004 at 11:26 (GMT -5)

WIth both, I play Golems (Broodwar) and Footmen Wars (WC3). Or Hero Survival on WC3. See, I'm terrible at either of the actual games.
NMBLNG
Registered user
Wrath of the blade of paradise

Last page view:

7195 days, 18 hours, 31 minutes and 55 seconds ago.
Posted on Wednesday, June 16, 2004 at 21:39 (GMT -5)

I like the style of Starcraft better that Warcraft III. Not neccesaraly of the game in general, more of the kind of tactics used. But WC3 does have much better graphics and maps. I with they would make altitude efects more realistic, though...
Portrait
Jan Erik
Administrator

Last page view:

4 days, 8 hours, 36 minutes and 33 seconds ago.
Posted on Friday, July 02, 2004 at 21:55 (GMT -5)

I like Warcraft 3 (just bought the expantion), I agree that heroes (and theyr abilities) tend to play a to big role though. That and the fact that the default food limit of 90 on most maps virtualy makes it impossible to have more than one or two good unit groups, so if you are out attacking your base is virtualy defenseless (scrolls of town portal and simmilar are important).

I'm aparently not very good at these kinds of games though, I usualy beat the computer (on normal), but only because it's predictable so I just build a inpenetrable defence where they always attack and wait untill they run out of resourses and then I move out and mop them up :P

On some of the campaign missions that doesn't work to well though because the enemy have a limitless supply of units and I only end up running out of resourses myself :-/ Those missions tend to be relatively easy once you figure out what to do though.

I digg the "rpg" style maps though, that bonus Orc campaign in the expantion was brilliant, multiple interlinked maps you could move between at will and all that. Very hack & slash naturaly, but still neat.
Jan Erik Mydland
HoF admin
Portrait
Mewto
Registered user

Last page view:

3606 days, 20 hours, 5 minutes and 11 seconds ago.
Posted on Wednesday, July 07, 2004 at 03:05 (GMT -5)

I like Neverwinter Nights more than Warcraft, though warcraft is one of my favorites too
For the Horde!
Portrait
@
Registered user
Q('_'Q)(>'_')>

Last page view:

Posted on Wednesday, July 07, 2004 at 09:01 (GMT -5)

Yea i have better games then wc3 but we are talking bout broodwar and wc3 :PP

Portrait
Jan Erik
Administrator

Last page view:

4 days, 8 hours, 36 minutes and 33 seconds ago.
Posted on Wednesday, July 07, 2004 at 13:53 (GMT -5)

LOL, speaking of heroes beeng to important: I just completed the last level of Frosen Throne using nothing but the two heroes (Arthas and that spider thing (Anak'erub or something) :D

Well I did buld a base at the first obelisk but then I realised there was not enough room to build all important buildings and I kept getting attacked from all directions and my gold reserves where running low. I did have a small mining operation going at the start location, but when the blood elves wiped that out I suddenly found myself without acolytes.

I did however have a tonne of shades so I came up with a new tactic. Instead of spending lots of resourses guarding each of the obelisk's power sircles I made a sircle of invisible shades around one of the sircles, this prevented Ilidan from reaching it, unfortunately after a few failed attempts he would simply move on to the next one and I had no way to make additional shades. But then I got another "brilliant" idea. Instead of keeping him out I made a small opening in my shade "cage" and when I came to claim the obelisk I made them suround him and then ordered them to stand grond and left him there, he could not move and he had nothing to detect the shades that blocked him, and without Ilidan the blue Naga bases stopped attacking (lousy AI, he had a tonne of units just sitting on that island in the top right corner where I couldn't reach, but they never interfered).

Then I moved on the offensive, using the carrion swarm and a few death coils I soon had a nice pile of dead nagas in lady Vash'es base so I cast Animate Dead and recalled my heroes while the resuling invulnerable undead nagas tore though the military buildings in the base untill they disolved. Then I moved in the heroes again and mopped up the rest, in one or two more hit and run operations.

The blood elves where a bit thougher (those darn spellbreakers and theyr feedback skill), but the crypt fiend hero can take a LOT of punishment so once I had cleared away the magic towers and the barracks and done the animate dead trick a couple of times I had crippeled the bood elve's ability to build units too and quickly wiped out most of the base.

Then it was just a matter of cleaning out the two small blue naga bases that guarded the remaining obelisk's and then finaly let Ilidan out of his "cage", kill him and claim the last obelisk, and wolla! Mission acomplised :P

Somehow I don't think that is the way you are "supposed" to do it, but hey if it works...

Cool credits, wonder there they have hidden away that model with Arthas playing that nifty guitar, can't rememver having seen that one in the editor...
Jan Erik Mydland
HoF admin

[Edited 1 time, last edit on 7/7/2004 at 14:48 (GMT -5) by its author]
satyricon
Registered user
sir Greybald 'tama' Balorg

Last page view:

5835 days, 21 hours, 31 minutes and 30 seconds ago.
Posted on Thursday, July 08, 2004 at 04:33 (GMT -5)

BroodWar Rulez but i thing wc3 i good to
they could add the cool triggers into starEdit :( its soo poor
Portrait
Mewto
Registered user

Last page view:

3606 days, 20 hours, 5 minutes and 11 seconds ago.
Posted on Thursday, July 08, 2004 at 05:07 (GMT -5)

hei @, on these forums topics usually change very fast
For the Horde!
Portrait
@
Registered user
Q('_'Q)(>'_')>

Last page view:

Posted on Friday, July 09, 2004 at 18:36 (GMT -5)

=P

Staredit, meh. get Sc Extra editor

Sargoth
Registered user
Bard

Last page view:

4963 days, 4 hours, 5 minutes and 54 seconds ago.
Posted on Saturday, August 28, 2004 at 20:20 (GMT -5)

Brood War still makes me stay up until 5 am some mornings, so guess which one i prefer. :-D
http://tankefel.blogspot.com/

So far you have only killed one wild cat.
TheTimpen
Registered user

Last page view:

6856 days, 14 hours, 40 minutes and 12 seconds ago.
Posted on Saturday, September 04, 2004 at 18:53 (GMT -5)

Brood War is easily much better in real games than wc3. It offers a much bigger variety in tactics, counters, units, and excitement. It is also much more balanced.
Raj Ahten
Unregistered user
Posted on Friday, December 24, 2004 at 16:05 (GMT -5)

War3 is wayyy better but im only saying this based off of the map settings maps cause I dont like the real game of either.

Color mixer:
Red: Green: Blue: HTML color code: result:      
Your Name: Check to login:

Your Message:

Read the
formating help
Are you a spambot? Yes No Maybe Huh?
Create poll? Yes No   What is this?
Poll question: