Register new account
Edit account
Search

Ancient Domains Of Mystery, forum overview / ADOM / Question about Kranach

Online users ( Unknown)
Application object not working properly at the moment, no clue who is online...

* Numbers in parentheses are the number of minutes since the user last loaded a page. Logged-in users time out after 40 minutes (unless they manually log out), lurkers and anonymous posters after 20.

Túrin
Registered user
Wildman of the Woods

Last page view:

6932 days, 8 hours, 13 minutes and 57 seconds ago.
Posted on Friday, June 04, 2004 at 11:39 (GMT -5)

OK, I started out a drakish beastfighter today after a few months away from the game, ran down and got the puppy quest really quick (finding cloak of invisibility on the way for the SMC), then, only being level 5, decided to do Kranach. I was N+ after the cute dog and remained there after killing Kranach, but when I talked to the sheriff I was lowered to N=. Can anyone explain why?

(I've already had to pray twice, if that is of any signifigance.)
Túrin Turambar Dagnir Glaurunga
Jurne
Registered user

Last page view:

6676 days, 5 hours, 22 minutes and 57 seconds ago.
Posted on Friday, June 04, 2004 at 11:44 (GMT -5)

I think the Kranach quest changes your alignment to neutral, and you were close enough for it to just bring you to N=
So if you were N-, it probably would have brought you to N= too.
You wish to kill me? Good thing I brought my psychic hamster named Hamster with me...
Portrait
Ekaterin
Moderator on this forum

Last page view:

5776 days, 22 hours, 53 minutes and 19 seconds ago.
Posted on Friday, June 04, 2004 at 11:56 (GMT -5)

I think that what the Kranach quest does to your alignment depends on what your alignment was to begin with.

If you're neutral (NC to N+) it pulls you towards N=. [You are doing it to even out the Balance.]

If you're lawful (NL or better) it makes you more lawful. [You are doing it to uphold the law.]

If you're chaotic (CN or worse) it has no effect on your alignment as far as I know. [You are doing it for the reward.]

I don't know why this quest has these complicated effects on alignment when most others are just lawful, chaotic, or occasionally neutral.

Color mixer:
Red: Green: Blue: HTML color code: result:      
Your Name: Check to login:

Your Message:

Read the
formating help
Are you a spambot? Yes No Maybe Huh?
Create poll? Yes No   What is this?
Poll question: