Register new account
Edit account
Search

Ancient Domains Of Mystery, forum overview / ADOM / Mindcrafting....

Online users ( Unknown)
Application object not working properly at the moment, no clue who is online...

* Numbers in parentheses are the number of minutes since the user last loaded a page. Logged-in users time out after 40 minutes (unless they manually log out), lurkers and anonymous posters after 20.

TheTimpen
Registered user

Last page view:

6856 days, 8 hours, 39 minutes and 56 seconds ago.
Posted on Monday, June 07, 2004 at 11:22 (GMT -5)

Anyone know if this trains mana?
NMBLNG
Unregistered user
Posted on Monday, June 07, 2004 at 21:28 (GMT -5)

I don't think mindcraft specificly does it, but using PP does, I think. Out of curiosity, what race do you play as? I'm usualy a Drakeling or Dark Elf.
It
Unregistered user
Posted on Tuesday, June 08, 2004 at 07:01 (GMT -5)

How can I even use mindcrafter´s powers?
Portrait
Morio
Registered user
Holy Champion of ADoM

Last page view:

3905 days, 9 hours, 58 minutes and 28 seconds ago.
Posted on Tuesday, June 08, 2004 at 07:06 (GMT -5)

press tab or alt+i
Not sure about the alt+i tough
"I don't know what World War 3 will be fought with, but I know World War 4 with be fought with sticks and stones." - Albert Einstein
Möwe
Registered user

Last page view:

6615 days, 17 hours, 46 minutes and 10 seconds ago.
Posted on Tuesday, June 08, 2004 at 07:11 (GMT -5)

I think it's Ctrl+i.

I'm not sure if I remember correctly, but I think with the drakeling mindcrafter I played, the mana stat never increased by itself. So using mindcraft probably doesn't train mana.
TheTimpen
Registered user

Last page view:

6856 days, 8 hours, 39 minutes and 56 seconds ago.
Posted on Tuesday, June 08, 2004 at 09:26 (GMT -5)

I play drakeling mindcrafter to :)

Nice st/to and not to heavy ma/wi penalties.

Edit: Drakeling is good for all classes almost.

[Edited 1 time, last edit on 6/8/2004 at 09:26 (GMT -5) by TheTimpen]
Flamedrake
Registered user
The Crazy Axe wielding Pyro

Last page view:

6183 days, 23 hours, 57 minutes and 48 seconds ago.
Posted on Friday, June 18, 2004 at 08:41 (GMT -5)

without doubt on that Timpen
I think you can use that tab key to get to the mindcract menu in at least one of the dos versons I know you can, but winbeta4 is Ctrl+i
Stuff happens & you cant stop it, unless you can.
NMBLNG
Registered user
Wrath of the blade of paradise

Last page view:

7195 days, 12 hours, 31 minutes and 39 seconds ago.
Posted on Friday, June 18, 2004 at 10:37 (GMT -5)

Ctr-x also gets you there.

I have a REALLY good game going with a gnomish mindcrafter. Only lvl.17, but he has 147pp and 120hp! Incredible for a mindcrafter. All my stats are close enough for the ! of balance trick to work. The bad thing is, I'm a bit unarmered. 40DV and 11PV, only immune to acid, though I have an adamantium scimitar to train with, once I get some decent food I'll be using the sword of Nonnak. Now I have to go and get past the dwarven halls. I like mincrafters, thet have teleport control :) And mindwave takes care of any monsters that try to swarm me. Telekenetic blast helps with minless monsters and stuff you shouldn't touch otherwise. Any advice?
Warlord*
Unregistered user
Posted on Friday, June 18, 2004 at 12:56 (GMT -5)

Yes, be extremely careful and train your weapon skills.
Portrait
Jonesy
Registered user
Liberate Te Ex Inferis

Last page view:

6513 days, 25 minutes and 22 seconds ago.
Posted on Friday, June 18, 2004 at 14:24 (GMT -5)

Go on coward if you have that low of a DV. Stay on coward, and use your blasts to kill them. (Or use wands.)
"If God did not exist, it would be necessary to invent him."- Voltaire
"Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven."- John Milton, Paradise Lost
"Yesterday we obeyed kings and bent our necks before emperors. But today we kneel only to truth, follow only beauty, and obey only love."- Kahlil Gibran
"I may disagree with what you have to say, but I shall defend, to the death, your right to say it."- Voltaire.
"What is freedom of expression? Without the freedom to offend, it ceases to exist."-Salman Rushdie
NMBLNG
Registered user

Last page view:

Posted on Friday, June 18, 2004 at 17:03 (GMT -5)

Got crowned! Ring of immunity! Now for a ring of ice. And some training in the gramlin caves. Anyone know a good way to train Strength and Apperance? So I can beef up my melee and so I can use the ! of balance trick...and willpower too. Telekenetic Blast can be used against corruptors safely, but costs alot. (I'll need it around +30...) Oh, I should probably move this to the Spoiler section.
Portrait
Jonesy
Registered user
Liberate Te Ex Inferis

Last page view:

6513 days, 25 minutes and 22 seconds ago.
Posted on Friday, June 18, 2004 at 18:24 (GMT -5)

You can't raise Appearance, other than wishes or potions. Strength, you can eat giant corpses, or orge corpses I believe. Only works to about 20 or 25. Something like that.

Also, if you have invisibility, you can use the TB/Invisibilty bug to blast everything to hell. Unlike bolt spells for a spellcaster, the monsters don't detect you when you TB them whilst invisible.
"If God did not exist, it would be necessary to invent him."- Voltaire
"Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven."- John Milton, Paradise Lost
"Yesterday we obeyed kings and bent our necks before emperors. But today we kneel only to truth, follow only beauty, and obey only love."- Kahlil Gibran
"I may disagree with what you have to say, but I shall defend, to the death, your right to say it."- Voltaire.
"What is freedom of expression? Without the freedom to offend, it ceases to exist."-Salman Rushdie
NMBLNG
Registered user

Last page view:

Posted on Saturday, June 19, 2004 at 12:13 (GMT -5)

That would be fun. All I need now is a good source of invisibility and LOTS of mana and willpower. I think Athletics helps appearance. I think I may have to scum and wish for that and Find Weakness.
Portrait
Iridia
Moderator on this forum
YASD

Last page view:

3762 days, 20 hours, 26 minutes and 38 seconds ago.
Posted on Monday, June 21, 2004 at 12:39 (GMT -5)

Appearance... Actually, that gelee royal you get from the beehives can cure scars, if you have them, and up your appearance. Also, for female characters there's the Frog Quest.
Die Gedanken sind Frei
Portrait
Armada
Registered user

Last page view:

1232 days, 23 hours, 49 minutes and 36 seconds ago.
Posted on Tuesday, June 22, 2004 at 16:52 (GMT -5)

Actually i believe you can raise appearance if you are a monk by practicing your kata. Simply kick at an open square a few times occasionally.

This goes along with the idea that increasing Athletics boosts appearance
Some guy
Unregistered user
Posted on Friday, June 25, 2004 at 16:39 (GMT -5)

But you can't get any stats above 25 with potions of balance, can you? I've never found potions of balance very useful. The only stat raising trick I do besides herbs is using orcish helmets and carrot juice to get my perception above 20. This works best with a really bad helmet, like perception -5
Portrait
Iridia
Moderator on this forum
YASD

Last page view:

3762 days, 20 hours, 26 minutes and 38 seconds ago.
Posted on Saturday, June 26, 2004 at 16:51 (GMT -5)

You might also try giant corpses and rings of weakness. Make sure you drop all your stuff before you put the ring on, as a strength of 1-3 can really crush you.
Die Gedanken sind Frei
Some guy
Unregistered user
Posted on Sunday, June 27, 2004 at 16:58 (GMT -5)

Don't worry, I know about rings of weakness. The thing is... never got one!

I'd wish for one if I got a greater giant vault but... never got a single greater vault at all, either!! In three trips to D:50!!!

Sorry, just had to do a little venting.

Color mixer:
Red: Green: Blue: HTML color code: result:      
Your Name: Check to login:

Your Message:

Read the
formating help
Are you a spambot? Yes No Maybe Huh?
Create poll? Yes No   What is this?
Poll question: