Register new account
Edit account
Search

Ancient Domains Of Mystery, forum overview / Spoilers / Dwarven Halls and the RNG

Online users ( Unknown)
Application object not working properly at the moment, no clue who is online...

* Numbers in parentheses are the number of minutes since the user last loaded a page. Logged-in users time out after 40 minutes (unless they manually log out), lurkers and anonymous posters after 20.

Cepheid
Unregistered user
Posted on Thursday, June 17, 2004 at 05:17 (GMT -5)

Well the RNG saw fit to give me a ring of djinni summoning in dwarftown shop, and i immediately happily proceeded to go save khely, nearly dying on the way through the forest, so i decide to come back through the DH.

Well guess what was on DH2? A tension room with most notably, ancient black dragon, Greater fire elemental, Greater Earth elemental, Earth elemental, and not to mention this *Thumb* every few steps... so i either have a moloch, greater moloch, titan on my tail. So said.. i proceed to flee and nearly get demolished by the earth elementals.

How am i going to fight these guys?

What do arrows of slaying do? i have 25 of them are they any good? Guidebook says they slay everything so can i use them against those elementals?
Cepheid
Unregistered user
Posted on Thursday, June 17, 2004 at 05:19 (GMT -5)

Oh yeah.. whats the fastest game time anyone has finished in? I am trying for that challenge man thing with a bard...

Oh did i mention.. i have also found 3 rings of ice so far... :/

stupid rng.
Portrait
Morio
Registered user
Holy Champion of ADoM

Last page view:

3899 days, 2 hours, 44 minutes and 35 seconds ago.
Posted on Thursday, June 17, 2004 at 05:26 (GMT -5)

Yes you can use them against the elementals, BTW what lvl are you
"I don't know what World War 3 will be fought with, but I know World War 4 with be fought with sticks and stones." - Albert Einstein
Portrait
Alex
Registered user
Master Necromancer

Last page view:

6508 days, 23 hours, 8 minutes and 4 seconds ago.
Posted on Thursday, June 17, 2004 at 06:08 (GMT -5)

if you have a scroll of magic mapping, bless it, read it to find the down staircase, then teleport.
or take the animated forest. I had to do that for a while one time cause of a balor on DH:2.
What do you wish for? wands of cat repellent_
Cepheid
Unregistered user
Posted on Thursday, June 17, 2004 at 07:01 (GMT -5)

Level 16 now... been crowned with cloak of oman.. no teleport control...

Draco
Unregistered user
Posted on Thursday, June 17, 2004 at 07:35 (GMT -5)

In my opinion, the animated forest really isn't that dangerous. Decent shield, few lvls on shields, coward tactic, and then just avoid hitting them. I think it's much more easier to lose one's life in DH.
___
Túrin
Registered user
Wildman of the Woods

Last page view:

6921 days, 19 hours, 24 minutes and 33 seconds ago.
Posted on Thursday, June 17, 2004 at 13:01 (GMT -5)

I find the forest to be quite simple as long as you have teleport/control. Get some wands of door creation, clear the spaces exactly next to both sets of stairs, make doors and close them (the last 2 are very easy with invisibility), and just teleport when you need to get up or down.
Túrin Turambar Dagnir Glaurunga
Maastonakki
Registered user
A cute puppy

Last page view:

5824 days, 8 hours, 31 minutes and 3 seconds ago.
Posted on Thursday, June 17, 2004 at 13:09 (GMT -5)

draco, you don't use a shield in the forest.. you use two shields so even if accidentally hitting the wrong key you can't attack the trees, plus it gives extar pv

Do you have some wands of digging? make your own route in the animated forert at the edges of the place..
meestro_mozart
Unregistered user
Posted on Thursday, June 17, 2004 at 15:05 (GMT -5)

or dip wands of digging into booze and dig your way around. there's enough room at the edges to have a safe hallway. trees might not even follow if you're invisible, i'm not sure.
Portrait
wakka
Registered user
Tha kitten slayer

Last page view:

6721 days, 9 hours, 13 minutes and 24 seconds ago.
Posted on Friday, June 18, 2004 at 03:53 (GMT -5)

This is _almost_ on-thread, about RNG:
found murderous mithril broadsword of vampirism in UD something (lvl > 10). then, in about 2 minutes got killed by a ... gnoll chieftain, I think. the char was a drakeling wizard IIRC...
And my point was...

Color mixer:
Red: Green: Blue: HTML color code: result:      
Your Name: Check to login:

Your Message:

Read the
formating help
Are you a spambot? Yes No Maybe Huh?
Create poll? Yes No   What is this?
Poll question: