Register new account
Edit account
Search

Ancient Domains Of Mystery, forum overview / Spoilers / swimming

Online users ( Unknown)
Application object not working properly at the moment, no clue who is online...

* Numbers in parentheses are the number of minutes since the user last loaded a page. Logged-in users time out after 40 minutes (unless they manually log out), lurkers and anonymous posters after 20.

Amanda Sedai
Registered user

Last page view:

7923 days, 12 hours, 42 minutes and 2 seconds ago.
Posted on Sunday, September 30, 2001 at 13:48 (GMT -5)

I don't have the swimming ability, but I do have a cursed ring of the fish and two waterproof blankets. Any idea how I can get another ring of the fish (I read you need two of them in order to avoid drowning) and/or learn to swim?

-Amanda Sedai, a save-scumming newbie. (Hey, at least I saved that little girl's dog. Gimme some credit... ;-))
Portrait
Tha Messiah
Registered user
Angel of Death

Last page view:

7777 days, 15 hours, 21 minutes and 34 seconds ago.
Posted on Sunday, September 30, 2001 at 15:53 (GMT -5)

yea ure right.You need two rings of the fish to breathe water.To learn swimmming try giving Blup the baby water dragon(In the village) potions of carrot juice.Bleesed ones ought to do the trick.

THE MESSIAH,I'm here now,Worship me.
Simius
Registered user

Last page view:

7422 days, 2 hours, 19 minutes and 10 seconds ago.
Posted on Sunday, September 30, 2001 at 16:00 (GMT -5)

You know, if you find a river in a dungeon,and you don't have the ability to swim, you can always cast a darkness spell and cross it in the dark.You don't drown you only get the message"you notice your equipment getting wet" or something like that, i don't remember it perfectly,but it's pretty helpful.
jokainen chanssi on mahollisuus
Amanda Sedai
Registered user

Last page view:

Posted on Sunday, September 30, 2001 at 16:31 (GMT -5)

Messiah, thanks. I was able to get enough carrot juice for him. (I bought three potions of it at Barnabas'. Who would have thought carrot juice would be such a hot item in the black market?;-))

Simius, I tried that and almost drowned. You sure you didn't have some kind of artifact that kept you from drowning?

-Amanda Sedai, a save-scumming newbie. (Hey, at least I saved that little girl's dog. Gimme some credit... ;-))
Sengoku
Registered user

Last page view:

7930 days, 11 hours, 48 minutes and 17 seconds ago.
Posted on Monday, October 01, 2001 at 16:05 (GMT -5)

Careful about divulging suicidal information Simius, you almost sent poor Amanda to her watery grave!

Sengoku
Amanda Sedai
Registered user

Last page view:

Posted on Monday, October 01, 2001 at 22:02 (GMT -5)

Ah, so he was trying to trick me... ;-) Unfortunately for him I happen to be a trollish barbarian. Pass the ketchup...

Lazy Cal
Unregistered user
Posted on Wednesday, October 03, 2001 at 15:16 (GMT -5)

If you cannot swim, you can use an ice ray (Nether Bolt, wand of frost, etc.) to freeze the water and cross it, but be careful. If you and your equipment weigh too much, the ice will break.

Amanda Sedai? Couldn't you have used the One Power to cross the water? :-)

Amanda Sedai
Registered user

Last page view:

Posted on Wednesday, October 03, 2001 at 23:43 (GMT -5)

Unfortunately, water is one of my weaker elements and I didn't have any angreal. ;-)

Simius
Registered user

Last page view:

7422 days, 2 hours, 19 minutes and 10 seconds ago.
Posted on Friday, October 05, 2001 at 14:00 (GMT -5)

I'm sorry,when tried with my char,it worked really well,and i checked that I didn't wear anything that helped me to breathe water and I didn't know how to swim.
I'm really sorry if anyone has drowned because of me.*Begs mercy on his knees.*I'm so sorry

maybe it's a bug

[Edited at 14:04, Friday, October 05, 2001 by Simius]
jokainen chanssi on mahollisuus
adomer
Registered user

Last page view:

8224 days, 17 hours, 15 minutes and 21 seconds ago.
Posted on Friday, October 05, 2001 at 14:14 (GMT -5)

well, since you're already on your knees.....
<evil grin>

this reminds me of the red dwarf episode where rimmer's trapped in prison on rimmer world and lister comes up with a daring escape plan and wins the confidence of cat and rimmer. that's when kryten steps up and says "yes sir, or we could just use the teleporter" ROFL!!!

sigh.....hope i'm not the only one that's seen it

[Edited at 14:19, Friday, October 05, 2001 by adomer]
Amanda Sedai
Registered user

Last page view:

Posted on Friday, October 05, 2001 at 21:38 (GMT -5)

No problem, Simius, I believe you. (Amanda troll not get to make Simius corpse? DARN... ;-))

Sengoku
Registered user

Last page view:

7930 days, 11 hours, 48 minutes and 17 seconds ago.
Posted on Monday, October 08, 2001 at 06:06 (GMT -5)

Adomer I saw that one! It was quite hilerious.

Sengoku

Color mixer:
Red: Green: Blue: HTML color code: result:      
Your Name: Check to login:

Your Message:

Read the
formating help
Are you a spambot? Yes No Maybe Huh?
Create poll? Yes No   What is this?
Poll question: