Register new account
Edit account
Search

Ancient Domains Of Mystery, forum overview / ADOM / how do you get a "pet"?

Online users ( Unknown)
Application object not working properly at the moment, no clue who is online...

* Numbers in parentheses are the number of minutes since the user last loaded a page. Logged-in users time out after 40 minutes (unless they manually log out), lurkers and anonymous posters after 20.

not good
Unregistered user
Posted on Sunday, July 11, 2004 at 17:03 (GMT -5)

One time loooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooong ago i had a spider following me when i first started a game, how do i get a monster to follow me?
J.
Registered user
You'll never get rid of me

Last page view:

5670 days, 22 hours, 26 minutes and 46 seconds ago.
Posted on Sunday, July 11, 2004 at 19:15 (GMT -5)

***SPOILY***This might be ***SPOILY***, but I can't be bothered with the tags. Isn't that big of a deal.

Bards start the game with some companion. You can play music to tame animals. Figurines of wondrous power create a monster, tame if blessed. Blessed scrolls of familiar summoning create a random companion. Beggars start following you around if you give them much gold. That one guy in the high mountain village will follow you if he likes you and you know the password.

That's pretty much it. I think.
If you're feeling happy, don't worry, it'll go away.

Originally posted by noob: "I'm everytime amazed how you people know to exploit every single little bug (or not-bug) for elaborated scumming tatics even if the feature seems completely useless or bad."
Portrait
Alex
Registered user
Master Necromancer

Last page view:

6514 days, 22 hours, 11 minutes and 55 seconds ago.
Posted on Sunday, July 11, 2004 at 19:43 (GMT -5)

I think some monsters (humanoid ones) will join you for gold. not sure about that though.
you can also wish for 'friends' etc. and you'll get a pet.
What do you wish for? wands of cat repellent_
Portrait
Alex
Registered user
Master Necromancer

Last page view:

6514 days, 22 hours, 11 minutes and 55 seconds ago.
Posted on Sunday, July 11, 2004 at 19:44 (GMT -5)

oh, and if you get a figurine of wondrous power use it in the SMC. I did that with a level 50 char and got a giant bat with 500+ hp :)
What do you wish for? wands of cat repellent_

Unregistered user
Posted on Sunday, July 11, 2004 at 22:39 (GMT -5)

Beggars will join for food too.
Portrait
Ekaterin
Moderator on this forum

Last page view:

5772 days, 9 hours, 7 minutes and 46 seconds ago.
Posted on Monday, July 12, 2004 at 04:47 (GMT -5)

Cats can be tamed with rat corpses, meat or fish (cave tigers won't accept rat corpses). Dogs can be tamed with bones, and farmers start with a dog. Necromancers can raise humanoid corpses to be their undead slaves.
J.
Registered user
You'll never get rid of me

Last page view:

5670 days, 22 hours, 26 minutes and 46 seconds ago.
Posted on Monday, July 12, 2004 at 07:00 (GMT -5)

Duh! Slaves!

Well, that's what you get for posting at 2am.

Oh, one more. Using an uncursed ring of djinni summoning will give you a djinni companion. I don't know why you'd want an idiot djinni following you around instead of a wish, but it's a possibility nonetheless.
If you're feeling happy, don't worry, it'll go away.

Originally posted by noob: "I'm everytime amazed how you people know to exploit every single little bug (or not-bug) for elaborated scumming tatics even if the feature seems completely useless or bad."
Portrait
eppztr
Registered user
droog

Last page view:

7047 days, 7 hours, 37 minutes and 31 seconds ago.
Posted on Thursday, July 15, 2004 at 09:53 (GMT -5)

once when i was new to adom i found a RoDS and used while unblessed because i didn't know that i could get a wish. it gained lots of experience and became extremely powerful actually :-) but it eventually turned on me and killed me :(

also the first wish i got was from a pool in the PC and i wished for immortality ;) i just got laughed at
the greater moloch equips the hulking armor

Color mixer:
Red: Green: Blue: HTML color code: result:      
Your Name: Check to login:

Your Message:

Read the
formating help
Are you a spambot? Yes No Maybe Huh?
Create poll? Yes No   What is this?
Poll question: