Register new account
Edit account
Search

Ancient Domains Of Mystery, forum overview / Spoilers / Level Increase

Online users ( Unknown)
Application object not working properly at the moment, no clue who is online...

* Numbers in parentheses are the number of minutes since the user last loaded a page. Logged-in users time out after 40 minutes (unless they manually log out), lurkers and anonymous posters after 20.

Zuzz
Registered user

Last page view:

5358 days, 7 hours, 59 minutes and 45 seconds ago.
Posted on Thursday, July 15, 2004 at 22:17 (GMT -5)

Is there a way to know how many stats/ability increase you can get with each starsign/race/proffesion?? eg trolls get 3 increases in ability, wizards start with up to 6.
I was hoping they is a calculator to work the best possible increases.
I also have noticed that my Level 31 dark elf wizard has 9 increses each level up.

Blah Blah Blah
sexy_lexy
Unregistered user
Posted on Friday, July 16, 2004 at 01:07 (GMT -5)

yeah there is somewhere, andy williams probably. you might think a few stats here and there will help you. maybe a little, but just stay alive. that's all you gotta do.
Portrait
Maelstrom
Registered user
The Knight of the Black Rose

Last page view:

3116 days, 19 hours, 4 minutes and 17 seconds ago.
Posted on Friday, July 16, 2004 at 03:56 (GMT -5)

Stat increases depend on your Learning (Le) and your birth sign (Book grants +1 each level, Cup gives +1 for half of the levels - 1st, 3rd, 5th and so on).
You get an extra skill increase if you Learning is 15, then another if it is 17, 19, 21 - you get the idea, right?
Classes and races don't have anything to do with the number of skill increases, but the xps needed to advance are strictly race&class dependant (So no matter how much learning you've got, you won't level up faster).
A pessimist sees a dark tunnel.
An optimist sees a light at the end of that tunnel.
A realist sees a train.
And the train driver sees three idiots on the tracks.
Portrait
Ekaterin
Moderator on this forum

Last page view:

5765 days, 5 hours, 10 minutes and 25 seconds ago.
Posted on Friday, July 16, 2004 at 04:16 (GMT -5)

Almost. The extra skill increases for high Learning come at 15, 20, 25, ... rather than 15, 17, 19 ...

Bards get two more increases than everyone else at the beginning, and three more than everyone else once they reach level 6.
TheTimpen
Registered user

Last page view:

6848 days, 20 hours, 32 minutes and 33 seconds ago.
Posted on Saturday, July 17, 2004 at 22:41 (GMT -5)

Believe me, starting with a book born wizard with 25 learning really is fun.
Portrait
Maelstrom
Registered user
The Knight of the Black Rose

Last page view:

3116 days, 19 hours, 4 minutes and 17 seconds ago.
Posted on Monday, July 19, 2004 at 03:21 (GMT -5)

No it isn't - you get all your skills to 100 in the first few levels, and there's nothing for you to do. And ofcourse, grey elven wizards (which are just about the only ones capable of reaching 25+ Le) don't get ANY usefull skills, that can't be trained without gaining levels, so what's the point? I'd rather play an orcish ranger with Le:4, and have usefull skills to increase.
A pessimist sees a dark tunnel.
An optimist sees a light at the end of that tunnel.
A realist sees a train.
And the train driver sees three idiots on the tracks.

[Edited 1 time, last edit on 7/19/2004 at 03:22 (GMT -5) by Maelstrom]
Zuzz
Registered user

Last page view:

5358 days, 7 hours, 59 minutes and 45 seconds ago.
Posted on Monday, July 19, 2004 at 05:43 (GMT -5)

Thanks all

Blah Blah Blah
sexy_lexy
Unregistered user
Posted on Thursday, July 22, 2004 at 02:44 (GMT -5)

i thought you were talkin about physical attributes. i know what maelstrom is saying about it being kinda pointless having lots of skill increases available with no real need for them. kinda bein a prick about it though, lol. it's ok, if my mom named me maelstrom i'd be mad too.

again i think no matter what stats or skills you start off with, or even what superb items you do or don't find, staying alive is the only thing that matters. of course you wanna have great shit to have more fun yadda yadda, but you won't have any fun when your character with eternium everything and 10 artifacts dies from paralyzation when your weak, dumb chara remembers to wear his protection amulets and such.

Color mixer:
Red: Green: Blue: HTML color code: result:      
Your Name: Check to login:

Your Message:

Read the
formating help
Are you a spambot? Yes No Maybe Huh?
Create poll? Yes No   What is this?
Poll question: