Register new account
Edit account
Search

Ancient Domains Of Mystery, forum overview / General / Final Fantasy 6

Online users ( Unknown)
Application object not working properly at the moment, no clue who is online...

* Numbers in parentheses are the number of minutes since the user last loaded a page. Logged-in users time out after 40 minutes (unless they manually log out), lurkers and anonymous posters after 20.

This thread is 2 pages long.
Go to page 1 2
Amanda Sedai
Registered user

Last page view:

7926 days, 9 hours, 38 minutes and 57 seconds ago.
Posted on Sunday, October 14, 2001 at 23:39 (GMT -5)

Jan Erik, which emulator are you using? zsnes has the option to create keys for diagnol moves.

-Amanda Sedai, a save-scumming newbie. (Hey, at least I saved that little girl's dog. Gimme some credit... ;-))
TRB115
Registered user

Last page view:

7835 days, 12 hours, 29 minutes and 39 seconds ago.
Posted on Monday, October 15, 2001 at 00:14 (GMT -5)

Oh, I'm all for getting Life 3. Great spell. And you might find that last dragon you were looking for if you don't have the Pheonix Esper yet (along with a certain thief :))
But you see, if you run him out of MP, he will try to cast Ultima before he dies, but it will fail because, well, he's out of MP.
But Life 3 works too.

No one touches my Princess!!
LIGHT WARRIORS??
You impertinent fools.
I, Garland, will knock you all down!!

- Garland in US version of FF1
Arion
Registered user

Last page view:

7898 days, 11 hours, 43 minutes and 43 seconds ago.
Posted on Monday, October 15, 2001 at 06:10 (GMT -5)

Nononono...

Sabin's blitz's are easy to do. You don't have to use the diagonal keys at all. Square included a neat trick in the game: if some move requires you to push for example down, down-left and left (Aurabolt, IIRC) you push down, down, left, left and it works the same. But you don't have to push the last left.

Aurabolt
down,down,left

Fire Dance
left,left,down,down,right (or was it the other way around)

and so on... (I think it works on SNES and I've used it in Zsnes)

"No more shiny ones. Oh well, back to lurking I guesses."
Amanda Sedai
Registered user

Last page view:

Posted on Tuesday, October 16, 2001 at 11:53 (GMT -5)

cool, never knew about that.

-Amanda Sedai, a save-scumming newbie. (Hey, at least I saved that little girl's dog. Gimme some credit... ;-))
Portrait
Jan Erik
Administrator

Last page view:

5 hours, 9 minutes and 59 seconds ago.
Posted on Tuesday, October 16, 2001 at 13:17 (GMT -5)

I use an ANCIENT version of SNES9X (DOS 0.24 FINAL)

I have later found several new versions of Snes9X so it aparently wasn't that FINAL after all, but the newer ones don't have the GUI and they didn't seem to work any better so I just stuck with 0.24.

I don't play SNES games that often so I just haven't bothered "upgrading" :D

Jan Erik Mydland
HoF admin
Portrait
Reaper
Registered user
The Templar

Last page view:

7556 days, 20 hours, 14 minutes and 54 seconds ago.
Posted on Monday, October 29, 2001 at 07:19 (GMT -5)

All FF's are great! I first got VII and got hooked (not so bad thing afterall =) Then I played VIII (the story was better in VII) but I liked that one too. Then I collected all the FF's I could get to nesticle and started to play them. But just few weeks ago the program (Nesticle) just stopped working!!! It wouldn't open any game!!! Anyone knows a site I could download 'em all? BTW the musics are absolutely GREAT!
Money talks - All mine ever says is goodbye

Portrait
Schnitzelnator
Registered user

Last page view:

8179 days, 13 hours, 52 minutes and 2 seconds ago.
Posted on Friday, November 09, 2001 at 13:35 (GMT -5)

AAARGH!!! I'M TOO LATE! Oh well, maybe I can still be of help:

If you want Final Fantasy MP3s:

www.winmx.com

If you want Final Fantasy ROMs:

www.oneminuteleft.com
www.freeroms.com

Jan Erik should seriously consider getting the newest version of Snes9x (1.39)

www.snes9x.com

And on a completely unrelated note:
Phantasy Star IV >>> Final Fantasy 6

:)

m00.
Locke
Registered user
Treasure hunter

Last page view:

7901 days, 21 hours, 42 minutes and 5 seconds ago.
Posted on Saturday, November 10, 2001 at 06:41 (GMT -5)

www.oneminuteleft.com has no ROMs at all. At least not when I checked 30 secs ago. 404 error on all the ROMs pages... :(

www.freeroms.com lists all the ROMs available, though some broken javascript prevents me from downloading any ROM. And I did press the vote button before trying to download... Bummer. Found lots of nice games on that site...

Locke Cole
Portrait
Jan Erik
Administrator

Last page view:

Posted on Friday, November 23, 2001 at 23:21 (GMT -5)

I finaly got around to upgrading my snes emulator and spent most of the day playing FF3 (FF6 that is).

Didn't find much new though, I re-discovered Shadow, found that ancient underground ciry with Odin (that slice-em-up esper that teach you meteor), but this Volcano where I'm supposed to go to find Locke and learn Life 3 is nowhere to be found. I have flown the airship all over the place for the better part of the day and no luck... Just where the heck is it anyway?

If someone could tell me wich general area to look in I would apreciate it:

I also have a letter (from the emperors portrait) that says there's a treasure at a star shaped mountain range. Can't find that one either, can't see any mountains that even remotely resemble a star...

Jan Erik Mydland
HoF admin
Amanda Sedai
Registered user

Last page view:

Posted on Saturday, November 24, 2001 at 14:21 (GMT -5)

The star-shaped range and Locke's volcano are the same place. IIRC, it's in the upper-left part of the map.

Portrait
Jan Erik
Administrator

Last page view:

Posted on Saturday, November 24, 2001 at 18:31 (GMT -5)

Hmm, though I had already flown over there a few dozen times, but it won't hurt to take a closer look :)

Anyway I just cleaned out the mage tower the "hard" way. Wandering around completely clueless for ages had the positive side effect of giving me ample time to develop my characters. After the Ultima attack one of my people (just what is GOGO anyway) where still standing (128 of 58500 HP left).
Killing the white dragon on my way down revealed that there where 4 dragons left... I'll give them one thing, they sure know how to hide. Ah well...

Jan Erik Mydland
HoF admin
Amanda Sedai
Registered user

Last page view:

Posted on Saturday, November 24, 2001 at 19:36 (GMT -5)

Gogo's a bit of a mystery. You realize that you can give her (him?) up to three different character abilities, right? Go to the status screen (I think that's what it's called) and under the mimic part you can add three other skills.

Want to hear some theories about who Gogo is?

Spoiler
The most common theory is that she is Darryl, Setzer's girlfriend. Darryl died when her plane crashed into an island. The airship was recovered but her body was never found. Gogo is found in an island. Coincidence? The only problem is why wouldn't Darryl tell Setzer who she was? I read a fan fic once that came up with the possible explanation that she was very badly disfigured in the crash, and didn't want Setzer to see what she now looked like.

Another theory is that Gogo is actually a character from FF5. In FF5, you can find a mimic named Gogo underwater. He doesn't look anything like FF6's Gogo, though.

AFAIK, Square has never stated who Gogo is supposed to be. I think they didn't intend her/him to be anyone, and just leave it up to our imaginations.

Amanda Sedai
Registered user

Last page view:

Posted on Saturday, November 24, 2001 at 19:39 (GMT -5)

Hey, if I squint I can read the spoiler text without highlighting it. You might want to make it so the text and the background are the same color.

Portrait
Jan Erik
Administrator

Last page view:

Posted on Saturday, November 24, 2001 at 22:42 (GMT -5)

That's intentional, that way you can see that there is some text there, but you are not very likely to accidentaly read it...

Anyway Gogo rocks in any case, I accidentaly had her equipped with the exp egg all the time I was running around so (s)he has tonnes of HP and MP. I only recently found out about the extra abilities, but even with mimic alone (s)he was my best character. Love the way (s)he copy the last attack, regardless of what it is, espers, bliza attacks or X magic attacks and so on :)

BTW. upper left part of the map? Are you trying to throw me off? I finaly found it, just slightly north west of kefkas tower on the same island. That's more like lower center part of the map :p Can't believe I didn't find it all that time I was searching...

Well, back to hunting Doom Gaze and what not. At least Kefka's in for a nasty suprice when I eventualy catch up with him... X magic + Ultima + mimic = fun ;)

Jan Erik Mydland
HoF admin
Locke
Registered user
Treasure hunter

Last page view:

Posted on Sunday, November 25, 2001 at 08:53 (GMT -5)

Another nice combo against Kefka is to have Ultima sword, offering, genji glove and a powerful sword equipped on the character with most HP (9999 recommended). This gives 8 attacks (4 with Ultima sword and 4 with the second weapon). Add the spell Quick on the character and you'll have 16 attacks in one round. Neat. :)

In case you diden't know: If you do the vanish + X-Zone trick on Doom Gaze, you'll not receive the esper.

Locke Cole
Amanda Sedai
Registered user

Last page view:

Posted on Sunday, November 25, 2001 at 12:04 (GMT -5)

Sorry about the wrong directions. It's been ages since I've played FF6. I'm hoping to get a playstation for christmas, so maybe I'll finally get to play the new version of it.

Portrait
Jan Erik
Administrator

Last page view:

Posted on Sunday, November 25, 2001 at 18:59 (GMT -5)

There's a trick with vanish and X-Zone? Well no worries, I was just planning to pummel him with Fire 3 (or ultima depending on what does more dammage) with a character using X magic and quick (and hopefully get Gogo to mimic the fireworks)...

Of corse I'll have to run into the sissy again first. He makes wild boar hunting in ADOM seem like a walk in the park...

P.S. Does Terra eventualy learn all spells by herself? She seems to ocationaly learn new spells at level up without the apropriate espers. She learned Life2 while I was trying to teach her meteor, and Pearl before I even found an esper that teach it.

Jan Erik Mydland
HoF admin
Amanda Sedai
Registered user

Last page view:

Posted on Sunday, November 25, 2001 at 19:10 (GMT -5)

I could be wrong, but I think Terra learns fire spells and some white magic by herself. Also, keep in mind that equipping certain weapons and armor will cause you to learn certain spells.

The vanish trick works like this: The purpose of vanish is to make yourself invisible, so that enemies can't hurt you with physical attacks. But it's a double-edged sword, because it also makes you much more likely to be affected by magic attacks, even those that don't have a high success rate, like Doom or X-Zone. So if you cast Vanish on an enemy (even a boss), and then cast Doom or X-Zone, they die instantly. However, if you do this on Doom Gaze you don't get the Bahamut Esper, which is arguably the best esper in the game because it gives you +50% HP when you level up.

Locke
Registered user
Treasure hunter

Last page view:

Posted on Monday, November 26, 2001 at 10:07 (GMT -5)

Terra learns Fire, Fire2, Fire3 and Meteor along with some non offensive spells by level up, IIRC. Celes learn Ice, Ice2, Ice3 and some more spells that I can't remember now. Memory is very hazy in some aspects about this game. Perhaps I should play through the game once again. :)

Locke Cole
Go to page 1 2

Color mixer:
Red: Green: Blue: HTML color code: result:      
Your Name: Check to login:

Your Message:

Read the
formating help
Are you a spambot? Yes No Maybe Huh?
Create poll? Yes No   What is this?
Poll question: