Register new account
Edit account
Search

Ancient Domains Of Mystery, forum overview / ADOM / PEEEEEE

Online users ( Unknown)
Application object not working properly at the moment, no clue who is online...

* Numbers in parentheses are the number of minutes since the user last loaded a page. Logged-in users time out after 40 minutes (unless they manually log out), lurkers and anonymous posters after 20.

Portrait
Cloud X2
Registered user
aww maaaan, not today!

Last page view:

7057 days, 1 minute and 58 seconds ago.
Posted on Tuesday, July 20, 2004 at 12:03 (GMT -5)

Well how STUPID can i get. I had a great char going level 18 D.elven wizard with +11 acid bolt
his name was..............PEEEEEEEE (well i had to go when i made him) and i went into some wilderness and blew myself up (Alchemy Experiment).

I have brain problems.......
Portrait
KoRn DogG
Registered user
I wanna kill Andy sooo bad...

Last page view:

6396 days, 13 hours, 55 minutes and 18 seconds ago.
Posted on Tuesday, July 20, 2004 at 13:14 (GMT -5)

lol, don't be too hard on yourself it happens to everyone at one point or another (and then it happens again, and again, and again...)

Dying is a way of ADOM.
"I concur that we are both atheists. I just believe in one less god than you do. When you come to realize why you dismiss all the other possible gods out there, you will know why I dismiss yours.
Portrait
Iridia
Moderator on this forum
YASD

Last page view:

3762 days, 14 hours, 22 minutes and 28 seconds ago.
Posted on Wednesday, July 21, 2004 at 18:55 (GMT -5)

Indeed.

I play D&D occasionally... it's still incredible to me just how long some of those characters live, and how annoyed people are to see them die. After ADOM, even the worst set of dice or the most sadistic DM is nothing you haven't seen before!
Die Gedanken sind Frei
C<U>
Unregistered user
Posted on Wednesday, July 21, 2004 at 20:48 (GMT -5)

(mix of the previous two posts) Dying is indeed the way of ADOM. Many, many characters die before a lucky and good one shows up.
Portrait
tyrus568
Registered user
Live.. Explore... Die.

Last page view:

7188 days, 13 hours and 34 minutes ago.
Posted on Thursday, July 29, 2004 at 01:46 (GMT -5)

Yeah. It can be tough going when you do find that promising character and then die stupidly, though. Can make you want to take a break for a while from it. :)

It is such a rush to develop a character that walks through the game, though (even tho you will probably die anyway). Like finding one thing after another. A week ago I had a character who found a wand of wishing in the dwarven graveyard, top level, dropped by a ghul (a glowing wand). It had 5 charges, and I wound up using them all.

I never found a wand of cold, no bridge building, so I did the library. NO spellbook of frost bolt!

I could have wished for something in such a desperate situation, but I'd already wrenched the last charge and drank from all the pools I could find. :( Coulda scummed the ID, I know, but I never do that.

Killed by the eternal guardian ;(

The one who is good at shooting does not aim for the center of the target.

Color mixer:
Red: Green: Blue: HTML color code: result:      
Your Name: Check to login:

Your Message:

Read the
formating help
Are you a spambot? Yes No Maybe Huh?
Create poll? Yes No   What is this?
Poll question: