Register new account
Edit account
Search

Ancient Domains Of Mystery, forum overview / ADOM / Oh no, not again...

Online users ( Unknown)
Application object not working properly at the moment, no clue who is online...

* Numbers in parentheses are the number of minutes since the user last loaded a page. Logged-in users time out after 40 minutes (unless they manually log out), lurkers and anonymous posters after 20.

Knud
Registered user
non-ghost librarian

Last page view:

5691 days, 6 hours, 37 minutes and 31 seconds ago.
Posted on Wednesday, July 21, 2004 at 12:42 (GMT -5)

Bah, another stupid death due to a HUGE amount of damage done by a monster normally quite easy. Last time it was a mimic hivemind, this time an earth elemental in the earth temple.

Had a really good dark elven paladin, level 43, all stats around 40, tons of great stuff, hopefully my first win (or so I thought). Killed the ancient stone beast without trouble (tactics on coward, double weilding shields, and scorching it to death with burning hands. All to minimize corruption damage), and decided to clear the rest of the earth temple. Had killed 15 earth elementals before the stone beast and saw from monster memory that the maximum damage they managed (during a critical hit) was 145. So, when having close to 700 hit points, the remaining shouldn't be a problem, right?

Think again, one of the elementals hit for close to 300 hit points, went from 280 to -5. Never underestimate a walking piece of furniture!

Should have drunk one of those blessed potions of extra healing a bit sooner, shouldn't I?
You know you've played too much ADOM when you try to throw coins at people wearing similar clothes as yourself.
Portrait
Morio
Registered user
Holy Champion of ADoM

Last page view:

3905 days, 1 hour, 54 minutes and 8 seconds ago.
Posted on Thursday, July 22, 2004 at 02:30 (GMT -5)

that's a very common reason to die, thinking "I can take one more turn and then I'll drink"
"I don't know what World War 3 will be fought with, but I know World War 4 with be fought with sticks and stones." - Albert Einstein
Portrait
Origin Unknown
Registered user
Adomist

Last page view:

7190 days, 17 hours, 44 minutes and 17 seconds ago.
Posted on Tuesday, August 17, 2004 at 06:36 (GMT -5)

That's nothing compared to the death of my L35 trollish healer:) who accidently stepped on a chaotic altar and was immediately sacrificed by the nearest goblin just because the sun was falling straight on the monitor and i didn't notice the god-damn black underscore!
They say that dark elves are especially good in the night:)))
Sargoth
Registered user
Bard

Last page view:

4962 days, 14 hours, 1 minute and 18 seconds ago.
Posted on Thursday, August 19, 2004 at 15:23 (GMT -5)

Always remember where you put your altars. ^^
http://tankefel.blogspot.com/

So far you have only killed one wild cat.

Color mixer:
Red: Green: Blue: HTML color code: result:      
Your Name: Check to login:

Your Message:

Read the
formating help
Are you a spambot? Yes No Maybe Huh?
Create poll? Yes No   What is this?
Poll question: