Register new account
Edit account
Search

Ancient Domains Of Mystery, forum overview / General / Suggestion for Jan Erik...

Online users ( Unknown)
Application object not working properly at the moment, no clue who is online...

* Numbers in parentheses are the number of minutes since the user last loaded a page. Logged-in users time out after 40 minutes (unless they manually log out), lurkers and anonymous posters after 20.

Portrait
Annonymous
Registered user
USSR-obsessed Mad Science Geek

Last page view:

5895 days, 12 hours, 30 minutes and 34 seconds ago.
Posted on Wednesday, July 28, 2004 at 11:45 (GMT -5)

How about a forum catagory on recreation? If so, can I be the moderator?
You load your crossbow with ammo of Iridia slaying. You hit Iridia exactly and slay her. You a thundering voice in your head booms "THOU SHALT NOT SLAY THE GREAT MODERATOR!!!. YE SHALL PAY FOR THIS INSOLENCE!!!" Suddenly Jan Erik appears! You are hit by Jan Erik's arrow of banning! You die...
C<U>
Unregistered user
Posted on Wednesday, July 28, 2004 at 12:24 (GMT -5)

Not to be mean or anything, I always thought the forums were just on that.
Portrait
Annonymous
Registered user

Last page view:

Posted on Wednesday, July 28, 2004 at 12:37 (GMT -5)

recreation OTHER THAN ADOM
You load your crossbow with ammo of Iridia slaying. You hit Iridia exactly and slay her. You a thundering voice in your head booms "THOU SHALT NOT SLAY THE GREAT MODERATOR!!!. YE SHALL PAY FOR THIS INSOLENCE!!!" Suddenly Jan Erik appears! You are hit by Jan Erik's arrow of banning! You die...
C<U>
Unregistered user
Posted on Wednesday, July 28, 2004 at 13:16 (GMT -5)

Hard to believe anyone here has that :) Might be an idea though?

New Catagory?
Yes  No
Check results

Portrait
Duke Ravage
Registered user
Gravebane Zombie

Last page view:

5670 days, 9 hours, 57 minutes and 24 seconds ago.
Posted on Wednesday, July 28, 2004 at 16:10 (GMT -5)

it's that basically what the general forum is?
ivan.sourceforge.net
Portrait
Jan Erik
Administrator

Last page view:

4 days, 12 hours, 47 minutes and 19 seconds ago.
Posted on Wednesday, July 28, 2004 at 20:48 (GMT -5)

Yeah, we don't have that much trafic as it is. Splitting the forum up into even more categories will probably just make things look even more dead...

Feel free to talk about recreation or anyting else in the general forum though :)
Jan Erik Mydland
HoF admin
Portrait
Annonymous
Registered user

Last page view:

Posted on Thursday, July 29, 2004 at 11:54 (GMT -5)

I just want to be a mod for SoMeThInG!!!
J.
Registered user
You'll never get rid of me

Last page view:

5671 days, 16 hours, 47 minutes and 50 seconds ago.
Posted on Thursday, July 29, 2004 at 11:55 (GMT -5)

Why? There's not even very much moderating to do on these forums...
If you're feeling happy, don't worry, it'll go away.

Originally posted by noob: "I'm everytime amazed how you people know to exploit every single little bug (or not-bug) for elaborated scumming tatics even if the feature seems completely useless or bad."
Portrait
Annonymous
Registered user

Last page view:

Posted on Thursday, July 29, 2004 at 13:35 (GMT -5)

It would be fun...
Portrait
Mewto
Registered user

Last page view:

3607 days, 15 minutes and 57 seconds ago.
Posted on Friday, July 30, 2004 at 10:28 (GMT -5)

i think you need to be responsible first. Are you responsible?
For the Horde!
Portrait
Annonymous
Registered user

Last page view:

Posted on Friday, July 30, 2004 at 17:29 (GMT -5)

yes, you could trust me with the manhatten project (a-bomb development, not even the US vice president knew about it!)
Portrait
Iridia
Moderator on this forum
YASD

Last page view:

3763 days, 6 hours, 37 minutes and 40 seconds ago.
Posted on Friday, July 30, 2004 at 21:22 (GMT -5)

I'm a mod. It doesn't mean ANYTHING. I've done exactly two things as a moderator in the last MONTH: One, correcting someone's annoying all-caps post, and two, editing dirty jokes out of the joke thread. (Because there are kids here, and because apparently the people who host this site have guidelines as to what you can have here...).

Being a mod is not much to brag about... at best, it doesn't matter; at worst, it's a thankless job that gets you flamed at from both sides of any disagreement. I've been a mod on a board where people were much, much more conflict-prone than this one... trust me, it wasn't fun.

This board doesn't even need the mods it has-- Duke Ravage over on the Stories board, and me elsewhere (and Jan of course)... because, frankly, this board is about the most peaceful society I've seen in a long time. Even religion and politics debates don't seem to degenerate into flame wars.

Oh, and: I've been on this board for about three years... how long have YOU been here?

EDIT: (This wasn't meant to be confrontational; if there were a need for mods, chances are Jan would put out the call for them. Seniority would come first, but if you were responsible in general and likely to stick around... yes. But like I said, we don't need 'em really...)
Die Gedanken sind Frei

[Edited 1 time, last edit on 7/30/2004 at 21:25 (GMT -5) by Iridia]
Portrait
Annonymous
Registered user

Last page view:

Posted on Saturday, July 31, 2004 at 09:47 (GMT -5)

I've been here only a couple of months, but I am highly likely to stay for a looooooong time.
Portrait
Mewto
Registered user

Last page view:

3607 days, 15 minutes and 57 seconds ago.
Posted on Saturday, July 31, 2004 at 11:03 (GMT -5)

Iridia, how did you became a mod? did you know Jan Erik personally?(I'm saying that because if I was in Jan Erik's place i wouldn't give mod acces to any guy who showed up)
For the Horde!
Portrait
Morio
Registered user
Holy Champion of ADoM

Last page view:

3905 days, 20 hours, 9 minutes and 30 seconds ago.
Posted on Saturday, July 31, 2004 at 12:01 (GMT -5)

http://adom.brinkster.net/forum/messages.asp?thread=1903&start=17203&page=1&tmp=17389
"I don't know what World War 3 will be fought with, but I know World War 4 with be fought with sticks and stones." - Albert Einstein
Portrait
@
Registered user
Q('_'Q)(>'_')>

Last page view:

6677 days, 17 hours, 21 minutes and 23 seconds ago.
Posted on Saturday, July 31, 2004 at 12:45 (GMT -5)

"I want to be mod..its fun...i dont know why..but ill get a cool Moderator text under my name"
<xxxxo~~~~oxxxx> SWORDCHUK

Portrait
Annonymous
Registered user

Last page view:

Posted on Saturday, July 31, 2004 at 13:38 (GMT -5)

Not just that, but I want this forum to be better, for everyone to be happy. I'm starting to cry... I'm sensitive.
Portrait
Annonymous
Registered user

Last page view:

Posted on Saturday, July 31, 2004 at 17:56 (GMT -5)

What was the link Bradley posted about?
And how about a forum on JADE or RFEs/Theories?

[Edited 1 time, last edit on 8/1/2004 at 08:16 (GMT -5) by Annonymous]
Portrait
Annonymous
Registered user

Last page view:

Posted on Tuesday, August 03, 2004 at 09:14 (GMT -5)

Hello?
Portrait
Jan Erik
Administrator

Last page view:

4 days, 12 hours, 47 minutes and 19 seconds ago.
Posted on Tuesday, August 03, 2004 at 10:51 (GMT -5)

The link was nothing interesting IIRC, some some homepage about fallout shelters or someting like that...

As I said I don't believe in fragmenting the forum to much. As far as I can tell there is nowhere near enough talk about RFE's or JADE to justify a seperate forum section and the ADOM and Roguelike sections would acomodate such topics nicely as it is IMHO.

Actualy once a playable version of JADE is available I might consider giving it a seperate section, but for now I think the roguelike section will do nicely.
Jan Erik Mydland
HoF admin

[Edited 1 time, last edit on 8/3/2004 at 10:53 (GMT -5) by Jan Erik]
Portrait
Annonymous
Registered user

Last page view:

Posted on Tuesday, August 03, 2004 at 13:41 (GMT -5)

Well, if you do, I will gladly mod it, i visit the foum like, at least twice every day.

P.S. Bradley sounds like an idiot, huh? Ya think HE hacked the account?

[Edited 1 time, last edit on 8/3/2004 at 13:49 (GMT -5) by Annonymous]
Portrait
Iridia
Moderator on this forum
YASD

Last page view:

3763 days, 6 hours, 37 minutes and 40 seconds ago.
Posted on Tuesday, August 03, 2004 at 15:47 (GMT -5)

Ooh, that's right... Ekaterin is a mod, too...

See, there's a measure of just how well-behaved the people around here are... that I'd forget who's a mod and who isn't.

(Knock on wood.)

:D
Die Gedanken sind Frei
J.
Registered user
You'll never get rid of me

Last page view:

5671 days, 16 hours, 47 minutes and 50 seconds ago.
Posted on Wednesday, August 04, 2004 at 06:01 (GMT -5)

Jan even added the feature a while ago to display mod status under your name, how can you miss that? :D

Nah, it's quite easy. Not like you see mods at work here a lot, 'cause they don't have a lot to do.
If you're feeling happy, don't worry, it'll go away.

Originally posted by noob: "I'm everytime amazed how you people know to exploit every single little bug (or not-bug) for elaborated scumming tatics even if the feature seems completely useless or bad."
Portrait
KoRn DogG
Registered user
I wanna kill Andy sooo bad...

Last page view:

6397 days, 6 hours, 10 minutes and 30 seconds ago.
Posted on Monday, November 15, 2004 at 22:09 (GMT -5)

Sorry for being so slow, but... That was you who deleted all my wonderfull jokes Iridia? For Shame!
"I concur that we are both atheists. I just believe in one less god than you do. When you come to realize why you dismiss all the other possible gods out there, you will know why I dismiss yours.

Color mixer:
Red: Green: Blue: HTML color code: result:      
Your Name: Check to login:

Your Message:

Read the
formating help
Are you a spambot? Yes No Maybe Huh?
Create poll? Yes No   What is this?
Poll question: