Register new account
Edit account
Search

Ancient Domains Of Mystery, forum overview / ADOM / Larracks challenge

Online users ( Unknown)
Application object not working properly at the moment, no clue who is online...

* Numbers in parentheses are the number of minutes since the user last loaded a page. Logged-in users time out after 40 minutes (unless they manually log out), lurkers and anonymous posters after 20.

Larrack
Unregistered user
Posted on Sunday, August 01, 2004 at 21:51 (GMT -5)

Rich dad/poor dad challenge
-

You must play as a human merchant.

Terinyo, the outlaw village, the wilderness and the infinite dungeon are the only locations in the game. The goal of this challenge is to accumulate 1 million gp, without dying of old age.
Portrait
Derek B Rackham Esq.
Registered user
Swordsman of Forcena

Last page view:

6968 days, 20 hours and 46 minutes ago.
Posted on Sunday, August 01, 2004 at 22:46 (GMT -5)

Is the gold allowed to be stored or must you carry your stash at all times??
Tell me how to get stronger....
illumi
Registered user
The 1st child

Last page view:

7103 days, 22 hours, 59 minutes and 8 seconds ago.
Posted on Sunday, August 01, 2004 at 23:05 (GMT -5)

The monsters (e.g. jackels) would become really funny ;)
Portrait
Iridia
Moderator on this forum
YASD

Last page view:

3762 days, 19 hours, 27 minutes and 29 seconds ago.
Posted on Tuesday, August 03, 2004 at 15:42 (GMT -5)

Two words: Black Dragon.
Die Gedanken sind Frei
Naiyor
Unregistered user
Posted on Tuesday, August 03, 2004 at 16:31 (GMT -5)

You should take this one step further. Grey Elf with longlived (3200+ years of gameplay). same conditions, but you must collect 1 billion dollars!!!!

I'll try this one and get back to you in 4 years..I am really going to try this (psychotic grinning an laughter)
Larrack
Unregistered user
Posted on Thursday, August 05, 2004 at 17:15 (GMT -5)

Nuh-uh, Iridia. Black dragons are not worth the time in the wilderness.
Portrait
Alex
Registered user
Master Necromancer

Last page view:

6515 days, 5 hours, 22 minutes and 48 seconds ago.
Posted on Thursday, August 05, 2004 at 20:25 (GMT -5)

hmm. how much does blessed stomafillia sell for at barnabas shop?
What do you wish for? wands of cat repellent_
Portrait
Derek B Rackham Esq.
Registered user
Swordsman of Forcena

Last page view:

6968 days, 20 hours and 46 minutes ago.
Posted on Friday, August 06, 2004 at 00:54 (GMT -5)

Considering Terinyo, the outlaw village, the wilderness and the infinite dungeon are the only places you are allowed to go, how exactly were you going to bless the stomafillia?
Tell me how to get stronger....
J.
Registered user
You'll never get rid of me

Last page view:

5671 days, 5 hours, 37 minutes and 39 seconds ago.
Posted on Friday, August 06, 2004 at 05:40 (GMT -5)

Alex, IIRC pepper petals are most expensive herbs. And you get quite good money for them.

Derek, aren't herbs supposed to grow on any dungeon level in the newest version, not just on those that originally had herbs? If so, you could plant them on any level of the ID. You needn't bless them, but with herbalism 100 you pick up lots of blessed ones.

Mercahnts have got gemology, so mining the ID could be an option. They don't have mining though, so maybe not. Gnomes could mine. Why the "only human" option? Different races have got different upsides and downsides. Elves live long, but are FRAIL and will get killed frequently in the early game. Drakelings, orcs and especially dark elves get worse prices from human shopkeepers(Barnabas and Munxip are humans), so they might not be good races for the challenge.

It could be a competition, not just a challenge. Who can make the most money this way, until they get bored as hell and die because of a stupid mistake?
If you're feeling happy, don't worry, it'll go away.

Originally posted by noob: "I'm everytime amazed how you people know to exploit every single little bug (or not-bug) for elaborated scumming tatics even if the feature seems completely useless or bad."

[Edited 3 times, last edit on 8/6/2004 at 05:53 (GMT -5) by J.]
Marillion
Registered user
Twinmaster

Last page view:

366 days, 9 hours, 24 minutes and 44 seconds ago.
Posted on Friday, August 06, 2004 at 05:44 (GMT -5)

Find a wish in some way, wish for herbalism, train it to 100 and near half the ones you pick will be blessed.

But to quote a known phrase..
"Whats really going to bake your noodle later is" how do you plan to get your hands on stomafillia in thoses places..
J.
Registered user

Last page view:

Posted on Friday, August 06, 2004 at 05:45 (GMT -5)

Merchants start with herbalism.

Originally posted by noob: "I'm everytime amazed how you people know to exploit every single little bug (or not-bug) for elaborated scumming tatics even if the feature seems completely useless or bad."
Marillion
Registered user
Twinmaster

Last page view:

366 days, 9 hours, 24 minutes and 44 seconds ago.
Posted on Friday, August 06, 2004 at 05:54 (GMT -5)

Read you post and saw that..
They don't start with gardening anyway, and without the druid quest it will need to involve wishing for that instead, to archive succesful planting..

But is it true that any square in any dungeon will ensure regrowth?
Thought it was only those with a special message.. Cant remember which..
J.
Registered user

Last page view:

Posted on Friday, August 06, 2004 at 08:36 (GMT -5)

Every dungeon level is supposed to support herb growth, according to TB's change log from 1.0.0 to 1.1.0. Or 1.1.1, can't remember which. Haven't tested it myself.

I don't think you need gardening, you can just pour holy water on the ground, and herbs will start growing. Not 100% guaranteed, so you need lots of water, but this challenge will include lots of time in the ID, so that's not a problem. I don't have personal experience of this, as I prefer to use holy water to bless stuff, but I think it should work.

...and just like that, like as an answer to my prayers, I go check rgra as I often do, and find a discussion on gardening. Turns out you CAN grow herbs on any dungeon level, even if the level didn't have herbs growing on it previously. BUT, you need the gardening skill (and a herb seed) to do it. Using holy water on levels without previous herbs does produce herbs, but they don't grow/expand. To start the herb growth, you need to successfully plant a herb seed with the gardening skill, then the herbs start growing naturally. Seems to be a bug.

[Edited 2 times, last edit on 8/6/2004 at 08:48 (GMT -5) by J.]

Color mixer:
Red: Green: Blue: HTML color code: result:      
Your Name: Check to login:

Your Message:

Read the
formating help
Are you a spambot? Yes No Maybe Huh?
Create poll? Yes No   What is this?
Poll question: