Register new account
Edit account
Search

Ancient Domains Of Mystery, forum overview / ADOM / signal 291 claims my PC in MT

Online users ( Unknown)
Application object not working properly at the moment, no clue who is online...

* Numbers in parentheses are the number of minutes since the user last loaded a page. Logged-in users time out after 40 minutes (unless they manually log out), lurkers and anonymous posters after 20.

Portrait
dosquarts
Registered user
Cooked lizard

Last page view:

6311 days, 4 hours, 14 minutes and 32 seconds ago.
Posted on Thursday, August 05, 2004 at 11:31 (GMT -5)

...and it looked like it was probably going to be my first win, after almost 3 years of trying.

was dispatching the Mana Temple baddies with almost no problems whatsoever, plenty of healing stuff with me. So I take a step forward after nailing a *lot* of them, and bam ~ crash.

It may be true that this is essentially an "item" bug, the square I stepped on had plenty of items lying there after killing all those chaos critters, but not as many as to warrant a crash (had issued a 'look' command a short while before and there weren't more than 10 or 12 items there)...

Anyway I wish I had gotten the chance to save a .flg at least, it might have gotten posted in the untimely ("undeserved??") deaths section in the hall of fame :P

Oh, another weird bug I kept having in this game was that the game didn't recognise items that had already been identified, i.e. I had already ID'd platinum amulets as amulets of balance, the item was added to the "identified items list", and the one I had was correctly displayed as 'amulet of balance', but if I found another one it just said 'platinum amulet'. Same for every other wearable item and weapon, which is even weirder; potions etc worked OK, this only happened with weapons and armor/equippables.

I guess this means my PC was really doomed, eh... two bugs in the same game.
Portrait
Alex
Registered user
Master Necromancer

Last page view:

6514 days, 23 hours, 58 minutes and 15 seconds ago.
Posted on Thursday, August 05, 2004 at 11:43 (GMT -5)

I think the last thing you mentioned is another 'feature not a bug', it always seems to happen to me. Amulets of greed, balance, life saving, rabies resistance and a couple more I can't remember always seem to be unID'd when you pick them up.
unlucky on losing your char to a crash though. I've had it happen before and now I always back my save files up. Of course, ever since I started doing that, my game has never crashed and I've never had to use them, but hey, it makes playing a little less stressful.
What do you wish for? wands of cat repellent_
Portrait
dosquarts
Registered user
Cooked lizard

Last page view:

6311 days, 4 hours, 14 minutes and 32 seconds ago.
Posted on Thursday, August 05, 2004 at 11:52 (GMT -5)

Backup, indeed.

Thanks on the pointer about the unID'd items, I had a *feeling* it might be that but I couldn't remember for the life of me.
Portrait
Annonymous
Registered user
USSR-obsessed Mad Science Geek

Last page view:

5894 days, 19 hours, 55 minutes and 50 seconds ago.
Posted on Saturday, August 07, 2004 at 09:45 (GMT -5)

<Plays Dirge>
You load your crossbow with ammo of Iridia slaying. You hit Iridia exactly and slay her. You a thundering voice in your head booms "THOU SHALT NOT SLAY THE GREAT MODERATOR!!!. YE SHALL PAY FOR THIS INSOLENCE!!!" Suddenly Jan Erik appears! You are hit by Jan Erik's arrow of banning! You die...

[Edited 1 time, last edit on 8/7/2004 at 09:45 (GMT -5) by Annonymous]

Color mixer:
Red: Green: Blue: HTML color code: result:      
Your Name: Check to login:

Your Message:

Read the
formating help
Are you a spambot? Yes No Maybe Huh?
Create poll? Yes No   What is this?
Poll question: