Register new account
Edit account
Search

Ancient Domains Of Mystery, forum overview / General / Forum...

Online users ( Unknown)
Application object not working properly at the moment, no clue who is online...

* Numbers in parentheses are the number of minutes since the user last loaded a page. Logged-in users time out after 40 minutes (unless they manually log out), lurkers and anonymous posters after 20.

Portrait
Annonymous
Registered user
USSR-obsessed Mad Science Geek

Last page view:

5888 days, 9 hours, 27 minutes and 26 seconds ago.
Posted on Friday, August 06, 2004 at 22:44 (GMT -5)

Is there anywhere I can start a forum for free?
You load your crossbow with ammo of Iridia slaying. You hit Iridia exactly and slay her. You a thundering voice in your head booms "THOU SHALT NOT SLAY THE GREAT MODERATOR!!!. YE SHALL PAY FOR THIS INSOLENCE!!!" Suddenly Jan Erik appears! You are hit by Jan Erik's arrow of banning! You die...
Portrait
Iridia
Moderator on this forum
YASD

Last page view:

3756 days, 3 hours, 34 minutes and 32 seconds ago.
Posted on Saturday, August 07, 2004 at 23:05 (GMT -5)

http://www.ezboard.com/
Die Gedanken sind Frei
Portrait
Annonymous
Registered user
USSR-obsessed Mad Science Geek

Last page view:

5888 days, 9 hours, 27 minutes and 26 seconds ago.
Posted on Sunday, August 08, 2004 at 11:19 (GMT -5)

But it is only a free 30 day trial!
You load your crossbow with ammo of Iridia slaying. You hit Iridia exactly and slay her. You a thundering voice in your head booms "THOU SHALT NOT SLAY THE GREAT MODERATOR!!!. YE SHALL PAY FOR THIS INSOLENCE!!!" Suddenly Jan Erik appears! You are hit by Jan Erik's arrow of banning! You die...
Portrait
Jan Erik
Administrator

Last page view:

22 hours, 33 minutes and 32 seconds ago.
Posted on Sunday, August 08, 2004 at 19:06 (GMT -5)

You can always make your own from scratch like I did... Only problem would be that:

a) It's hard (if not impossible) to find a good host that will allow you to use server side scripting and databases for free (Brinkster used to offer that, but they only have payed subscriptions now).

b) It will most likely take a LOT of work and time to get a deacent result. Not realy recomended unless you do it for the sake of doing it (learning experience).

Alternatively you can use the guys who host my old forum (the one I used before I created these), they are farily ok, if somewhat unreliable (they might have fixed it, but several of my old sub forums have gone bad and can't be accessed, that's why I made my own forums):

http://web.eesite.com/forums/
Jan Erik Mydland
HoF admin
Portrait
@
Registered user
Q('_'Q)(>'_')>

Last page view:

6670 days, 14 hours, 18 minutes and 15 seconds ago.
Posted on Monday, August 09, 2004 at 07:49 (GMT -5)

I have some moments when i just:Hmm i think im gonna make the best map for starcraft now. and it ends when i notice that i suck at map making

hope ur not like:Hmm its time to make a forum now! XD
<xxxxo~~~~oxxxx> SWORDCHUK

Portrait
Jan Erik
Administrator

Last page view:

Posted on Monday, August 09, 2004 at 12:16 (GMT -5)

Heh, not far from it. The forums do have some telltale signs of the infamous "code and fix" approach. There are quite a few things that would have benefited from more thurough planning from the start. I have made some "ugly" work arounds in the past, but I can't realy add any major new features because it would render all the existing messages "incompatable" with the forum...

I've been toying with the idea of re-making the forum more or less from scratch (well a lot of the code could be resycled naturaly but still), and simply turn the current forum into a read only archive (much like the "old-old" forum :P

Can't seem to come up with the motivation to get it started though, important as it is the planning phase is so boooring :P
Jan Erik Mydland
HoF admin
Portrait
Prickle Pear
Registered user
Killer fruit

Last page view:

7198 days, 12 hours and 2 seconds ago.
Posted on Tuesday, August 10, 2004 at 18:26 (GMT -5)

bravenet `has `some` web` stuff
The new and improved MTV...my ass! Where's Bevis & Butthead?
Caladriel
Registered user

Last page view:

4697 days, 13 hours, 12 minutes and 2 seconds ago.
Posted on Thursday, September 17, 2009 at 11:10 (GMT -5)

Jan,
Any chance you have access to the content of those old forums? I wanted to access something I wrote after the Sep 11 attacks. I searched these forums, but could not find it.

FYI, your search by user id does not seem to be working.
Portrait
Jan Erik
Administrator

Last page view:

Posted on Thursday, September 17, 2009 at 19:48 (GMT -5)

I'm afraid not, I think they pretty much just died eventually, and I never did get around to figure out a way to back them up. Can't even find anything on the Internet Archive...

Hmm, yeah the search is a bit bugged. If you limit a search to this site you can use a regular search engine to track down most stuff posted here though (I finally got around to remove those "noindex" headers, not sure why I added them in the first place...), but I fear the old stuff posted on eesite.com have pretty much faded into oblivion.
Jan Erik Mydland
HoF admin

Color mixer:
Red: Green: Blue: HTML color code: result:      
Your Name: Check to login:

Your Message:

Read the
formating help
Are you a spambot? Yes No Maybe Huh?
Create poll? Yes No   What is this?
Poll question: