Register new account
Edit account
Search

Ancient Domains Of Mystery, forum overview / ADOM / another rng thread

Online users ( Unknown)
Application object not working properly at the moment, no clue who is online...

* Numbers in parentheses are the number of minutes since the user last loaded a page. Logged-in users time out after 40 minutes (unless they manually log out), lurkers and anonymous posters after 20.

Maastonakki
Registered user
A cute puppy

Last page view:

5830 days, 9 hours, 41 minutes and 43 seconds ago.
Posted on Sunday, August 08, 2004 at 07:30 (GMT -5)

the deal is, I have this hurthling assassin, he had his hp downed to 1 some four times before CoC.
and in coc, there was a gnoll vault. there it got downed to 1hp one more time, and then, worn boots.
let's wear them! oh damn, cursed. oh well, not too far from the dwarf village (holy water).

The thing is. he got his hp downed to 1 ONE more time! That's crazy, usually with good luck i get my hp downed to 1 like once in a month, maybe twice :E
The Real J.
Registered user
The faceless swordsman

Last page view:

5620 days, 12 hours, 35 minutes and 51 seconds ago.
Posted on Sunday, August 08, 2004 at 08:13 (GMT -5)

This is just a guess, but I think these "hit to 1 HP" situations are some kind of special effect. I presume there is a small chance of a hit that would otherwise kill the char just leaving the char with one HP. Some kind of lucky strike I'd say.

Sometimes it is just amazing how the RNG surprises one, like the way my current Archmage-attempt has so far found *FOUR* spellbooks of Wish in the game. One in library, one in a bookshop and two in BDC.
Sytytä toiselle tuli ja hän pysyy lämpimänä jonkin aikaa.
Sytytä hänet palamaan ja hän pysyy lämpimänä loppuelämänsä.
Maastonakki
Registered user
A cute puppy

Last page view:

5830 days, 9 hours, 41 minutes and 43 seconds ago.
Posted on Sunday, August 08, 2004 at 08:21 (GMT -5)

hehe might be, might be. well, i lured berserker prince (Too tough for that char at that point) to dwarf altar, and started saccing it. the priest was standing at the altar at the present time, therefore ruining my game (i planned on luring it to some safer place but got whacked somewhere on the process).
TheTimpen
Registered user

Last page view:

6856 days, 2 hours, 36 minutes and 43 seconds ago.
Posted on Sunday, August 08, 2004 at 11:32 (GMT -5)

I think there might be some luck "test" with hits that may kill you (maybe hits doing down to -10 hp).
If you succeed that luck "test" you survive with one hp :P
Portrait
Alex
Registered user
Master Necromancer

Last page view:

6515 days, 18 minutes and 44 seconds ago.
Posted on Sunday, August 08, 2004 at 12:02 (GMT -5)

I think if you have both lucky and fate smiles and you get hit for a huge amount of damage in one turn, the minimum it can be lowered to is 1.
What do you wish for? wands of cat repellent_
J.
Registered user
You'll never get rid of me

Last page view:

5671 days, 33 minutes and 35 seconds ago.
Posted on Sunday, August 08, 2004 at 14:47 (GMT -5)

If the damage is REALLY huge, like 8 criticals from a lvl 120 greater moloch in the SMC, you'll definately die. But this lucky/fate smiles thingy does save your ass occasionally. It's quite obvious actually: just think of the times you've been left with 1 hp, and think how many times you've been left with 2, or even 3. There must be some connection.
If you're feeling happy, don't worry, it'll go away.

Originally posted by noob: "I'm everytime amazed how you people know to exploit every single little bug (or not-bug) for elaborated scumming tatics even if the feature seems completely useless or bad."
Marillion
Registered user
Twinmaster

Last page view:

366 days, 4 hours, 20 minutes and 40 seconds ago.
Posted on Sunday, August 08, 2004 at 17:55 (GMT -5)

My first Really promising char got hit from 700 to 1 by a criticalhit from the Moloch Emperor once. He had closed the gate, done all the extras, like Bugville, MMaze, Twins, and I thought I should get the trident aswell since my char, ofcourse was allmighty, as I thought to myself. I probably would have had to kill myself if I had died there (not that It would have been neccesary obviously). But this fenomenon savd me that time and Melian is in HoF now..

Color mixer:
Red: Green: Blue: HTML color code: result:      
Your Name: Check to login:

Your Message:

Read the
formating help
Are you a spambot? Yes No Maybe Huh?
Create poll? Yes No   What is this?
Poll question: