Register new account
Edit account
Search

Ancient Domains Of Mystery, forum overview / ADOM / Auto Start

Online users ( Unknown)
Application object not working properly at the moment, no clue who is online...

* Numbers in parentheses are the number of minutes since the user last loaded a page. Logged-in users time out after 40 minutes (unless they manually log out), lurkers and anonymous posters after 20.

Portrait
Derek B Rackham Esq.
Registered user
Swordsman of Forcena

Last page view:

6964 days, 11 hours, 39 minutes and 3 seconds ago.
Posted on Monday, August 23, 2004 at 20:36 (GMT -5)

Sorry if this seems like a really dumb question, but I am new to this topic so forgive my ignorance.
I am trying to create a batch file so I can auto load adom apon booting windows. I am not very sure if it is even possible to do this using notepad/dos editor, and even less sure of my coding. I have tried a simple start, run adom, end batch file but when I run it the file keeps opening command prompt windows with no end, forcing me to reset my computer. Any tips?
Tell me how to get stronger....
Portrait
Derek B Rackham Esq.
Registered user
Swordsman of Forcena

Last page view:

6964 days, 11 hours, 39 minutes and 3 seconds ago.
Posted on Tuesday, August 24, 2004 at 00:50 (GMT -5)

Ok I got the .bat to load Adom, what if I wanted to take one step further and create a random char up to the character background screen, ie send adom the following keystrokes - space g space f *
Space to continue, g to generate new char, f to let fate decide, * for random sex. Any tips for this kind of thing?
Tell me how to get stronger....
just lurking
Unregistered user
Posted on Thursday, October 07, 2004 at 15:14 (GMT -5)

Don't know if ADOM supports command line options for menu choices to put into the .bat. I *think* it is impossible to relay keystrokes with a .bat that will be executed after program start.
What you can do is adding "Random_PC = true" (without quotes) to \adom\adom_dat\adom.cfg.

Color mixer:
Red: Green: Blue: HTML color code: result:      
Your Name: Check to login:

Your Message:

Read the
formating help
Are you a spambot? Yes No Maybe Huh?
Create poll? Yes No   What is this?
Poll question: